Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY  (Read 267267 times)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY
« on: February 26, 2020, 06:53:12 PM »
With Six Nations matches now been cancelled, I believe that there is a possibility that our promotion is at risk, if the virus does get a hold in the UK, all public gatherings will probably be prevented, matches could be played behind closed doors, all would they just cancel the season?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 04:20:53 PM by Political Cake »
Baggie in Southampton

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

I demand that the FA stop all matches after Saturday's fixtures and declare the season over, with all current league positions confirmed as the final placings. ;D

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

I think the issue is with this zoonotic virus is about containment and ensuring it doesn’t spread and causes sickness as we do with the flu virus. In its present form it is not an indiscriminate  killer virus.

Young people will, invariably, survive the infection,  while the elderly, who have underlying health issue to start with, are more at risk of dying

It’s about containment and ensuring the virus doesn’t mutate into something more lethal imo.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

Coronavirus has a long way to go rival Influenza which kills somewhere between 200-600 thousand worldwide year on year.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

I don't think it's a threat to our season as games can be played behind closed doors.

What is worrying about it is 2% fatality rate will primary be the elderly and those with underlying health conditions the really worry will be how the 5 million who need acute care to survive will be dealt with. That 2% mortality rate could increase rapidly when the hospitals get swamped. The containment and closures of cities is to stem the tide of infection not stop it IMO.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Coronavirus has a long way to go rival Influenza which kills somewhere between 200-600 thousand worldwide year on year.

When it infects as many people as flu does add two zeros to those figures.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

A concern about a pneumonia, but still have to carry on.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

I don't think it's a threat to our season as games can be played behind closed doors.

What is worrying about it is 2% fatality rate will primary be the elderly and those with underlying health conditions the really worry will be how the 5 million who need acute care to survive will be dealt with. That 2% mortality rate could increase rapidly when the hospitals get swamped. The containment and closures of cities is to stem the tide of infection not stop it IMO.

Worst case scenario is 600k deaths ... remember that is the worst case scenario, normal flu kills over 17,000 per year already. Currently 85% of people only have mild symptoms
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

I work in gov, doesn't matter where. We had a draft Coronovirus directive a week back and a bigger document today. If the virus became properly global, to the point of basically everyone getting it, a 3-5% kill rate is expected. In part because it'll overwhelm the system.

I wouldn't be surprised in the worst circumstances for them to delay next season or at worst skip a year. Doubt it'll affect this season now we're so close to the end
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

geoff

• WBA Coach

If the worst came to the worst i think they would play the games behind locked doors & show the games live on tv were possable.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

in a disaster scenario, the halfords becomes empty and the smethwick relocates there. There will be flasks and car blankets aplenty available for free in Halfords Lane.
Groty Dick will NEVER be heard of again, the big screens will be showing one hell of a list and stadium expansion becomes a moot point.

Oh and **** I am approaching 61 with underlying issues, see ya !
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:54:31 AM by MarkW »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

:-* :-* Only if he is playing centre forward ;) ;) ;)

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

The Mail is now saying the entire season could be declared void, which is a real worry as the Mail never prints rubbish to frighten old people, so it must be true

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

The Mail is now saying the entire season could be declared void, which is a real worry as the Mail never prints rubbish to frighten old people, so it must be true
More false news?

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

They've clear found a way to get clickbait

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

They've clear found a way to get clickbait
Can't resist it  :)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Idiots at Mail right wing conspiracy theorists

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

There is a chance that this could end with major gatherings being stopped, but at this stage it seems like only a small chance.
How would the season be concluded if the worst came to the worst? I suppose games would have to be played behind closed doors, there is no way the season will be declared void.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

.......I believe that there is a possibility that our promotion is at risk.........

At the risk of seeming ironically blase, I believe the only risk to our promotion bid is that of complacency.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

If large public gatherings are to be banned then we may have to watch the rest of the season from our armchairs
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Radio commentary it is then.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

If large public gatherings are to be banned then we may have to watch the rest of the season from our armchairs

There's enough armchair experts on here already  :D ;D ;)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Looks as though it might be going behind closed doors with no tv broadcasts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51777154
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

Looks as though it might be going behind closed doors with no tv broadcasts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51777154

Doesn’t say anything on there about no tv broadcasts mate , games will be on sky , sky will make sure of that , if anyone’s going to make money out of this it will be sky tv  :D

Think the main difference between here and Italy is 200 people have died from the virus there where as 2 have died from it here .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:13:59 PM by wbarenno »

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

No threat whatsoever
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion