Author Topic: 14 May 2019 Albion 1 Aston Villa 0 (Play Off 2nd Leg)  (Read 112320 times)

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2019, 09:48:33 AM »
Bought my ticket at 9:30, I'm surprised it went this far so Kudos to the club it seems everyone who wanted one should of got one. Only a handful of singles left from what I can see.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:21:32 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2019, 10:48:36 AM »
So the earlier hysteria about members not getting tickets were completely unfounded then!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2019, 11:01:42 AM »
So the earlier hysteria about members not getting tickets were completely unfounded then!

Usually the way.
Should be sold out imminently!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »
Usually the way.
Should be sold out imminently!
Gobsmacked it hasn't already sold out, biggest game in years, cheap tickets and its a derby!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2019, 11:11:37 AM »

To be fair, it only worked that way because the club changed the process by denying STH's additional tickets on Wednesday.
I suspect that happened because tickets were allegedly being offered at inflated prices on social media.
If ticket sales had followed the pattern of normal matches, then members should have got tickets without intervention from the club.
It's just a shame that some STH's appear to have tried to exploit the process for their own benefit.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »
To be fair, it only worked that way because the club changed the process by denying STH's additional tickets on Wednesday.
I suspect that happened because tickets were allegedly being offered at inflated prices on social media.
If ticket sales had followed the pattern of normal matches, then members should have got tickets without intervention from the club.
It's just a shame that some STH's appear to have tried to exploit the process for their own benefit.

Baggiejohn some STH's sold their own seats for the 5-5 game against Man U, unfortunately it happens. 

The way we sold the tickets didn't work out as it should have done, even the disabled supporters had issues getting their tickets and they had a designated phone number to ring but in the end I would say 99.9% of those entitled to a ticket have got one.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2019, 12:07:44 PM »
Got two tickets earlier just before 11AM, there's still quite a few left considering...obviously they will sell out but it's not the mad rush that some are making out.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »
Just over 300 left at last quick count.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2019, 12:47:49 PM »
People panicking and moaning and now it’s on general sale and it’s still not sold out, biggest derby in years and still 250 left.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »
People panicking and moaning and now it’s on general sale and it’s still not sold out, biggest derby in years and still 250 left.

Think its more because the club made a balls up and then announced it was sold out when it wasn't
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2019, 01:29:40 PM »
Oddly,

The most seats left available are in the BRE in the top left (facing pitch) corner and the East stand is near enough sold out! Quite suprised about that.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »
Oddly,

The most seats left available are in the BRE in the top left (facing pitch) corner and the East stand is near enough sold out! Quite suprised about that.
Most probably because you can’t even see the furthest goal from there. I’ve no idea how any professional could’ve made such a basic error with sight lines. I spotted it when the frame went up...while sitting on top of a double decker bus.  :o
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2019, 01:54:40 PM »
Just single seats and restricted views left now. They will take a bit longer to sell because of what they are but they'll be gone soon enough.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2019, 02:21:03 PM »
If this had been against the Dingles they'd have sold out yesterday  ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 02:32:08 PM by TheJacko2000 »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2019, 03:07:09 PM »
If this had been against the Dingles they'd have sold out yesterday  ;)

Behave and stop trying to wind people up, wouldn't be the best time for a 7 dayer would it??  ;) :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2019, 06:06:47 PM »
There are literally the odd seats left now in the Brummie Road. Some restricted views are showing as available but you click on one to buy and it's not allowing you, don't know what that's all about.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2019, 06:12:55 PM »
Officially declared a sell out but don't give up if you still want tickets, there are a few available, returns I presume. Less than 50 though at last count so get in quick.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2019, 07:08:12 PM »
Yep about 20 left on ticket site. All in Brummie.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2019, 07:33:38 PM »
Baggiejohn some STH's sold their own seats for the 5-5 game against Man U, unfortunately it happens. 

The way we sold the tickets didn't work out as it should have done, even the disabled supporters had issues getting their tickets and they had a designated phone number to ring but in the end I would say 99.9% of those entitled to a ticket have got one.

Kev,

I think I've shown over the years, that I have a lot of time & understanding of how & why the club makes some of the decisions it does.
It would have been difficult to predict the demand there was for tickets on the first day, particularly when STH's had seats guaranteed for 3 days, so I have some sympathy for glitches in the process, as a result of overload.

On the other hand members have a valid argument to be second in the queue behind STH's for tickets, & IMO it's wrong to give STH's an option for a second ticket before members. The maths says that if only 40% of STH took up the option of a second ticket, there would be none left for members.

It may be that the club realised that they had made a mistake & changed to process on Wednesday to suit. As you say, the consequences of that decision meant that most people who wanted a ticket got one.

Couple of observations though:

How much of an impact did the alleged sale of spare tickets on social media have on the decision to stop selling additional tickets to STH's.?

It doesn't appear that the ticketing process has been thought through very well, & has to raise question marks about the professionalism of the club.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2019, 06:02:07 AM »
Does anyone know if the hawthorns express run for this game, dont think I can watch sober!!

Topman

• Youth Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2019, 04:11:21 PM »
Anyone think Morgan Rogers could be involved from the bench?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2019, 04:12:40 PM »
Doubtful, they don't seem keen on the youth.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2019, 04:14:29 PM »
I see we have little option other than to put a couple on the bench, Rogers and Tulloch

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2019, 04:17:51 PM »
Need to pack the midfield for this one. We've lost every single game against the top 8 this year aside from Norwich home. What we're doing doesn't work. Our defence isn't anywhere near good enough to withstand pressure nor is the midfield dynamic enough.

Put Brunt and Phillips out wide and Field, Johansen and Morrison in the middle and we might actually manage to keep the ball for at least 3 passes for once. If we sit back and try and absorb pressure again we have no chance of overturning.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2019, 04:27:58 PM »
Need to pack the midfield for this one. We've lost every single game against the top 8 this year aside from Norwich home. What we're doing doesn't work. Our defence isn't anywhere near good enough to withstand pressure nor is the midfield dynamic enough.

Put Brunt and Phillips out wide and Field, Johansen and Morrison in the middle and we might actually manage to keep the ball for at least 3 passes for once. If we sit back and try and absorb pressure again we have no chance of overturning.

I agree, I would put Brunty on the left (should've been there since Barnes left) and Phillips wide right. Rodriguez through the middle.