Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5133290 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #13700 on: February 24, 2017, 06:08:18 PM »
Money talks, here's a hypothetical deal.  Pulis earns £2m a year he is contracted to 2018 total value  roughly £3m. If Leicester really wanted him £4m a year for 3 years = £12m would do the job it wouldn't matter what happens next. It is nothing to do with players,status or reputation it is has everything to do with the money.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13701 on: February 24, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »
Said previously. The Leicester job is now forever a poisoned chalice.

Don't think Pulis would entertain the idea to be honest. Will never be able to achieve what his predecessor did, but would always be held to those lofty heights.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13702 on: February 24, 2017, 07:03:45 PM »
Money talks, here's a hypothetical deal.  Pulis earns £2m a year he is contracted to 2018 total value  roughly £3m. If Leicester really wanted him £4m a year for 3 years = £12m would do the job it wouldn't matter what happens next. It is nothing to do with players,status or reputation it is has everything to do with the money.

This 100%, a deal like that could wipe out the hit he took in court last year & set him up for life.

Also their squad is far stronger then the one he took over at the Albion when he came, I really don't think it would be too difficult for a manager of Pulis's ability to keep them up, plus they are still in with an outside chance in the Champions League.

Sorry if it upsets a few but if Leicester come calling TP will be off. 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13703 on: February 24, 2017, 07:40:32 PM »
This 100%, a deal like that could wipe out the hit he took in court last year & set him up for life.

Also their squad is far stronger then the one he took over at the Albion when he came, I really don't think it would be too difficult for a manager of Pulis's ability to keep them up, plus they are still in with an outside chance in the Champions League.

If they did come calling I'm pretty sure Mr Williams would grasp them very firmly by the short and curlies for a very substantial amount of compensation before agreeing to let him go
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13704 on: February 24, 2017, 08:06:47 PM »
If they did come calling I'm pretty sure Mr Williams would grasp them very firmly by the short and curlies for a very substantial amount of compensation before agreeing to let him go

I agree but how much compo would be enough to cover the loss? hard to put a figure on the potential long term damage to our club.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13705 on: February 24, 2017, 09:04:09 PM »
The only compensation we would get is the unexpired value of the contract i.e. roughly £3m which is as I have often said is money for old rope simply because Coaches turnover so rapidly there is always a good one between jobs
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13706 on: February 24, 2017, 10:00:27 PM »
WHY are you all talking about something that ain`t gunna appen he`s here for the long haul unless we get rid

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13707 on: February 24, 2017, 10:45:11 PM »
Give the man a three-year contract.
(a) He has earned it.
(b) Guaranteed another three years in the Prem
(c) Probably win a cup and continue to improve the team.
Simples!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13708 on: February 24, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »

Like I said, why would he move from what is a pretty much comfortable position that he has now? He has another year with us, that must be around £3m or so, we're looking to offer him another deal, and bar a small miracle he's not going to be sacked any time soon.

Or.. go to Leicester, potentially be relegated this year and get replaced, or stay up and start the rebuilding all over again. Why would he need to do all that when he's just got us how he wants?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13709 on: February 25, 2017, 06:20:56 AM »
I suppose it all depends how quickly he recovers his fine and court costs!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13710 on: February 25, 2017, 09:10:40 AM »
I think if Leicester came calling, Pulis would be tempted.

He's going to have a difficult period between now & the end of the season to keep them up, but they do have some good players, except at the back. If he could get Huth & Morgan to do the same job as GM & Daws, they will stay up easily.

As others have said, Vardy's goal on Wednesday night still gives them a chance in the CL.

What also might tempt Pulis is the fact they they had the funds & chose to buy Slimani, we didn't, so Pulis's preferred choice of Expensive British based players would be more likely to be deliverable at Leicester.

I don't see the Leicester job as poisoned challice, almost everybody recognises, that last years' PL win was over achieving, I doubt that even the Leicester owners would expect that again.
Ranieri was very well backed by the owners, but failure can easily happen when your success is based on emotion, Pulis's approach would be far more mechanised, & IMO, that is the type of Manger Leicester will look for
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13711 on: February 25, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »
I think if Leicester came calling, Pulis would be tempted.

He's going to have a difficult period between now & the end of the season to keep them up, but they do have some good players, except at the back. If he could get Huth & Morgan to do the same job as GM & Daws, they will stay up easily.

As others have said, Vardy's goal on Wednesday night still gives them a chance in the CL.

What also might tempt Pulis is the fact they they had the funds & chose to buy Slimani, we didn't, so Pulis's preferred choice of Expensive British based players would be more likely to be deliverable at Leicester.

I don't see the Leicester job as poisoned challice, almost everybody recognises, that last years' PL win was over achieving, I doubt that even the Leicester owners would expect that again.
Ranieri was very well backed by the owners, but failure can easily happen when your success is based on emotion, Pulis's approach would be far more mechanised, & IMO, that is the type of Manger Leicester will look for
Absolutely spot on
Let's not forget after all the shenanigans at palace he could do with a nice signing on bonus and keep us up bonus.
Many of the people on here wanting to dismiss the fact that he would be tempted, are also the ones saying we have reached our ceiling.
If he feels the same about taking us as far as is poss, then why stay, you would assume that if we finish seventh and complete a net spend of 40mil, we would still find it tough to acheive same position again.
How many more opportunities do you all think he will get to have managed in the champions league on his CV?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13712 on: February 25, 2017, 10:19:07 AM »
Let's hope Leicester don't have our Tonio Pullitisio on their relegation saving radar...😊

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13713 on: February 25, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »
Let's hope Leicester don't have our Tonio Pullitisio on their relegation saving radar...😊

Back in October many of us would have hoped that they would take him!

boingusmaximus

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #13714 on: February 25, 2017, 12:47:21 PM »
I would welcome an approach from Leicester or anybody for that matter. Give him a good payoff to buy his children some property. Ranieri would be a great replacement, as would Wenger if Arsenal decided they needed a change.
It would be nice to see a bit of class and style return to the club.
Pulis has never won anything, other than records for long throw ins and time wasting. Finishing 8th is ok in some peoples eyes, but it is meaningless in the bigger scheme of things.
The foundations are there for something to be achieved , but I doubt very much if Pulis is the man to do it. If you were a talented striker , would you want to play for him?
Come on you Foxes, make us an offer !!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13715 on: February 25, 2017, 01:55:41 PM »
Back in October many of us would have hoped that they would take him!
difference 4 months make. Now he just needs to keep it up next season and not regress back to his 20-odd years of "experience".

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13716 on: February 25, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
I would welcome an approach from Leicester or anybody for that matter. Give him a good payoff to buy his children some property. Ranieri would be a great replacement, as would Wenger if Arsenal decided they needed a change.
Pulis has never won anything, other than records for long throw ins and time wasting. Finishing 8th is ok in some peoples eyes, but it is meaningless in the bigger scheme of things.
The foundations are there for something to be achieved , but I doubt very much if Pulis is the man to do it. If you were a talented striker , would you want to play for him?

Drunk already mate.  :o
the regime don't like it man

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #13717 on: February 25, 2017, 02:23:37 PM »
wonder what  pulis would see as the bigger challenge,  keeping us where we are or keeping Leicester up. he comes across as a competitive person who relishes these types of scenarios. I think the job at Leicester would be of interest to him if he thought we've hit our ceiling.
Ambition and what both clubs want to achieve would have a big say on his decision, personally for now would like him to stay just to see where we as a club are going, this summer hopefully will tell us with the right time to do transfers , a good league campaign under our belt and we should have money to spend.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13718 on: February 25, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »

pass us the doobie :D :D :D

The way were set up aswell, if pulis left, champagne football would take months and months to impliment.

Pulis is as good as its going to get rn

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13719 on: February 25, 2017, 04:54:39 PM »
I am really worried about Leicester going after TP also and let's face it, it would be an attractive proposition for any manager to go to a team that performed like Leicester did last season and if they stay up there will not be aa shortage of funds.

I am hoping he sees a project here at the club to move us even further up the ladder over the next few years and hopefully the new owners have given an indication of a willingness to spend on the right players

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13720 on: February 25, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »
I don't think he will go to Leicester, he is onto a good thing here, fan expectation is lower than at Leicester after them winning the league plus he's got a stable chairman. He needs a long-term income to pay for his court debts and the best guarentee is with us. At Leicester what if he gets them relegated? It could be his last top-flight job if it went horribly which could hit his pocket. I think he would keep them up anyway, but I think with us he's got a safe job.

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13721 on: February 25, 2017, 06:21:50 PM »
I can see Tony using LC as leverage for a better contract but don't see him actually leaving.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13722 on: February 25, 2017, 08:20:24 PM »
Boingus leave TP alone  long may he stay some fans d`ont see a good manager when they in front of there nose as for any other manager`s we don`t talk about them while we have one in charge and doing a bloody good job    AS I SAID TWICE YESTERDAY HE AIN`Y GOING ANYWHERE

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13723 on: February 25, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »
Boingus, you've got to be on the wind up there eh? This is our best ever points total at this stage of a Premier League season and still that's not good enough for you?

You talk about Pulis not winning anything, not many managers have and you're dreaming if you think Wenger will come here. And as for Ranieri, an amazing season but this season he couldnt get the team going and Leicester's football is hardly amazing.

The platform is there thanks to Pulis and he has shown this season that he can improve so I don't see why he shouldn't get a shot at doing what he can.  Eventually he will move on but while he's here, and our performances and results are good we should get behind him.

8th! We are at a ceiling position wise as we don't have the budget to break into the top 6 and even Everton spend far more than we do.  Our next step should be to make finishing top half a regular occurance.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13724 on: February 25, 2017, 09:38:02 PM »
Just appeared on my twitter feed... Haven't checked its veracity.
If true, shows the superb job TP is doing here.
#PL points since November:
West Brom: 30
Spurs: 30
Man City: 29
Arsenal: 27
Liverpool: 26
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.