Author Topic: 12 Jan 2019 Albion 1 Norwich City 1  (Read 42570 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2019, 06:19:19 PM »
Yes, it seems that he is completely stuck on the idea that you don't use subs if you are ahead, presumably because you might upset the rhythm of the team.  Full stop.
I didn't think we had the strongest bench, though I would have started with Sako instead of HRK anyway. Barry and Brunt were doing ok keeping it ticking over, unless you think Hoolihan would have done better than either of them.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #226 on: January 12, 2019, 06:28:26 PM »
I didn't think we had the strongest bench, though I would have started with Sako instead of HRK anyway. Barry and Brunt were doing ok keeping it ticking over, unless you think Hoolihan would have done better than either of them.
I wasn't at the game, but it was more an overall point from looking at what he does week in week out.  I agree the bench did look a bit thin today.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: January 12, 2019, 06:39:53 PM »
Moore lovers or Moore haters .....rubbish, the only way anybody progresses is the ability to learn from mistakes and make the correct decisions

We are not in a bad position but that does not mean he is without faults
Brunt was better today, but he couldn't have been worse, he's not a CM ...stop it
Harper played v well, after the match Moore said he has no issues playing the youth....actions/words
Gayle, easily our best finisher, he was central for the goal, you do not play him wide to accommodate Rodriguez, sell Rodriguez if anyone comes in
Midfield was getting leggy, we had field, hoolahan and Leko that could have come on at 65-75 to give us a push....no, we sit till the 92nd minute to get Leko on

Back 4 look ok, holgate and Gibbs are our best fullback pairing for some time
But
That keeper is atrouscious , Gibbs told him so too...dreadful

Don't expect to see Phillips again, but not that bothered, honestly felt last3/4 matches him and Barnes played , they were starting to be found out , I hope we are looking at some good options, but I wouldn't let Moore loose with a chequebook.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #228 on: January 12, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
Moore lovers or Moore haters .....rubbish, the only way anybody progresses is the ability to learn from mistakes and make the correct decisions

Brunt was better today, but he couldn't have been worse, he's not a CM ...stop it
Harper played v well, after the match Moore said he has no issues playing the youth....actions/words
Gayle, easily our best finisher, he was central for the goal, you do not play him wide to accommodate Rodriguez, sell Rodriguez if anyone comes in
Midfield was getting leggy, we had field, hoolahan and Leko that could have come on at 65-75 to give us a push....no, we sit till the 92nd minute to get Leko on

But

Don't expect to see Phillips again, but not that bothered, honestly felt last3/4 matches him and Barnes played , they were starting to be found out , I hope we are looking at some good options, but I wouldn't let Moore loose with a chequebook.

We don't play him wide to accommodate Rodriguez that's the way the system works with thr wide men playing furthest forward.

Nothing wrong with Gayle playing where he is, his goal record will testify to that.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »

We don't play him wide to accommodate Rodriguez that's the way the system works with thr wide men playing furthest forward.

Nothing wrong with Gayle playing where he is, his goal record will testify to that.

Exactly. The one in the centre plays the deepest. Don’t know why people don’t see that.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2019, 06:52:56 PM »

But

I'd be extremly bothered if we lost Phillips and Barnes in one transfer window. Phillips has been Man of the Match in several of our last games with his powerful runs from midfield. Been setting up alot of goal chances from his crosses. Holgate also got some good crosses in today, but we have to remember his is primarily a full back. I'd be extremly disappointed to lose Phillips. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2019, 06:56:27 PM »
I'd be extremly bothered if we lost Phillips and Barnes in one transfer window. Phillips has been Man of the Match in several of our last games with his powerful runs from midfield. Been setting up alot of goal chances from his crosses. Holgate also got some good crosses in today, but we have to remember his is primarily a full back. I'd be extremly disappointed to lose Phillips.

You beat me to this post. Phillips and Barnes have not been found out, far from it. They have consistently been two of our better players, Losing both would be a disaster.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2019, 07:14:38 PM »
Johnstone I'm surprised no one has mentioned how awful he is,harper better second half anonymous mostly first half,Gayle wide left just stupid.moores use of sub's brainless.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2019, 07:19:37 PM »
Johnstone I'm surprised no one has mentioned how awful he is,harper better second half anonymous mostly first half,Gayle wide left just stupid.moores use of sub's brainless.
I did

Put myhill or bond in and we look more secure
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2019, 07:28:22 PM »
I did

Looks like my hills finished here now but would take him in a heartbeat over Johnstone.maybe he will come good now Walsh his old mentor is now in the building.not holdingy breath on it though

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:24 PM »
I did

To be fair you used to advocate Myhill over Foster so......
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2019, 07:32:47 PM »

But

Why not? Anything's possible I guess, but it would take a large fee (£15-20m I would have thought to have a chance of signing him) and I'm skeptical if he would risk a move to a Prem team in a relegation battle as there would be as much chance of relegation come May than there is of Albion getting promoted.

Selling him without bringing in a suitable replacement after also losing Barnes would be a disaster.

Moore's only questionable signing has been Bartley, his other moves have in my opinion been at least shrewd and in many cases very successful.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2019, 07:37:57 PM »
Lack of game management cost us again, Moore again has to take the blame for two points dropped. Don't see any coaching from the sidelines can someone tell him it's football not tennis.  ???

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2019, 07:43:50 PM »
Lack of game management cost us again, Moore again has to take the blame for two points dropped. Don't see any coaching from the sidelines can someone tell him it's football not tennis.  ???

If you actually believe this I don't know what to say.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2019, 07:47:05 PM »
Same old problem.  Coach seems frozen like a rabbit in the headlights when changes are required to his tiring midfield.  He could have added Field to it to play out time but I might have tried Hoolahan for Brunt as he can turn with the ball and had a point to prove.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2019, 07:52:57 PM »
Same old problem.  Coach seems frozen like a rabbit in the headlights when changes are required to his tiring midfield.  He could have added Field to it to play out time but I might have tried Hoolahan for Brunt as he can turn with the ball and had a point to prove.

Field in place of who? Brunt? Then you have two youngsters in CM, one who was tiring at a critical stage of the game against a team famous for late goals. If you replace Harper you then have three left footers in the middle of the park. Neither scenario's are ideal.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2019, 08:00:38 PM »
For the record:

Attendance: 26,544
Away Fans: 2,723
Home Fans: 23,821

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
Disappointed not to take the three points after the way we started but that's a decent Norwich side and they really came back into it second half. 

Our back four now looks well balanced and Hegazi is an outstanding defender at this level - I'll hold back on the "best defense in the division" platitudes until we actually start keeping clean sheets.  Holgate impressed on debut then seemed to lose his head a little second half, pulled it back though.

Barry very good but I don't think he can play a full 90 as players seem to be able to just run past him after about 80 minutes.

Brunt.  Love his effort and an real Albion man but what are our win stats with him in a three?  Tbf we had no other choice really as we had lost Phillips and Mozza late in addition to Livermore.  No way Darren Moore was going to play Harper and Field together.

Harper - Steady with some very good moments.   Real potential at this level.

Gayle - with him we have a chance of top 2.  Without him the play offs are the best we can hope for.  Only natural finisher in club.   2 decent chances scored one and missed one.

Jrod and HRK - both worked hard. Some good moments and some meh!

I'm a Darren Moore fan but would agree that a change was needed before they scored as the goal was coming.  This team should be good enough defensively but cannot seem to dig deep and just keep em out, so a change was needed just to try and disrupt the Norwich impetus.  Once the changes were made we nearly went on again to win it.

Overall..... Disappointing but fairish result.  Decent performance with elements of good.  Hate to say it but with Barnes we may have one that today.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:09:39 PM by Oldbury24 »

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2019, 08:06:17 PM »
Looks like my hills finished here now but would take him in a heartbeat over Johnstone.maybe he will come good now Walsh his old mentor is now in the building.not holdingy breath on it though

Johnstone seems to get some pretty harsh criticism.  Chap behind me was irritated that he was only pushing saves away out of danger and not catching them as "Foster would have done" baffling.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2019, 08:07:50 PM »

If you actually believe this I don't know what to say.
that's a first

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2019, 08:18:20 PM »
Points dropped because our bench today was embarrassing- our squad is paper thin.

They made subs that fit them back in the game. Rhodes coming off our bench not theirs would have made all the difference

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2019, 08:39:40 PM »
Barry, Holgate and Harper all excellent. Gayle wasted out wide, should be in the middle. Dawson/ Hegazi solid. Johnstone needs to be taught how to hold a ball at times as a couple of shots he palmed away which seemed to be easier to hold.

Brunt the weak link in the middle, gave away too many stupid sloppy free kicks including 3 in the first 10 minutes, struggles to get around the pitch at times, needs replacing or playing in a role he can handle, the centre of the pitch is not that role.

Harper showed why Darren Moore needs to trust the youngsters, he handled it today and showed he is capable of playing in this division yet if not for injuries and suspensions he would have been sat on the bench again.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2019, 08:39:57 PM »
What changes do people think Daren should have done in the second half? No Morrison, Livermore or Phillips already one debutant on the pitch and no real old heads to come on and keep things tight at the back. As the older players bench players are attacking.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2019, 09:11:55 PM »
Disappointed with the draw but as others have said, no Barnes or Phillips as well as missing Morrison and Livermore means we should be pleased with the result. We are still right in the mix but we need to get those couple of players in that Moore is comfortable with using as he hasn't been overly comfortable with utilising the bench all season. I think as the rest of the season unfolds, we'll see just how important bringing in someone capable of attacking from the right back position was as we look far more balanced.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2019, 09:41:55 PM »

To be fair you used to advocate Myhill over Foster so......
Yes and you think brunt is still ok...so....