Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5164828 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #925 on: February 12, 2015, 01:07:03 PM »
I notice TP has started calling us "The Albion " instead of  "Albion " as he was when he first arrived in his after match work , not daft is he ?  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #926 on: February 12, 2015, 01:36:12 PM »
For the remainder of this season playing style goes out the window, we have to stay up by any means possible.  I will judge Pulis’s ‘style’ next season when he has had a summer to shape the squad, however I’m slightly perplexed at those who suggest that this was some sort of champagne performance, the first half was pretty dismal, we improved in the second as we did on Sunday.

Cracking result.

Compared to what we've had to sut through since last August I thought I was watching Barcelona last night.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #927 on: February 12, 2015, 03:54:15 PM »
The 1,2 passes between Brown and Saido was nice to watch

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #928 on: February 12, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »
For the remainder of this season playing style goes out the window, we have to stay up by any means possible.  I will judge Pulis’s ‘style’ next season when he has had a summer to shape the squad, however I’m slightly perplexed at those who suggest that this was some sort of champagne performance, the first half was pretty dismal, we improved in the second as we did on Sunday.

Cracking result.
? At half time I was pleased as we had controlled a team that have previously out footballed us on our home patch (as well as theirs) and had the game won at half time numerous times.

I see Pulis yelling at Mozza and McManaman to get forward with the ball and really drives the players forward.

This performance gives us hope - determination, discipline and forward thinking - results are all that matter until May, I came away last night feeling pretty good about us staying up.

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #929 on: February 12, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »

Cracking result.
I can't believe some peoples prejudice against Pulis. The play last night didn't fit the perceived stereotype  that some people have so now we have to judge him next year when he might play that way. Ok lets swap Pulis for Lambert he plays a passing game and not hoofball. Oh yes and give them Fletcher as well because he doesn't fit the Pulis stereotype either.

liam-zuiverloon

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #930 on: February 12, 2015, 06:28:31 PM »
Really like the guy, players always respect him. He is so full of energy during games, it's great to see an Albion manager get the team going and not just stand on the sidelines looking clueless
Some people's spelling is hylaryous.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #931 on: February 12, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
I'd like to see more of what we saw in the second half. A bit of intent, good movement and the ball played along the floor.

If Pulis manages that then I'm sure we will all be happy.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #932 on: February 12, 2015, 07:47:50 PM »
For the guys who want to see what it will be like next season. Palace uploaded a 7 minute video of a TP pre season. Emphasis on discipline, strength and direct play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cMrdWFd5pk

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #933 on: February 12, 2015, 07:50:08 PM »
I can't believe some peoples prejudice against Pulis. The play last night didn't fit the perceived stereotype  that some people have so now we have to judge him next year when he might play that way. Ok lets swap Pulis for Lambert he plays a passing game and not hoofball. Oh yes and give them Fletcher as well because he doesn't fit the Pulis stereotype either.
I can understand the concerns about Pulis. His record on paper here is good and that is what the London media look at as we know historically they have little clue about what is actually going on at our club. Prior to last night, our performances have been poor (and sometimes abject) against some weak and out of form teams. The only decent team we have played gave us a good hiding. Last night was a good performance but also against a team who has just sold their best player and had their most creative player serving the last game of a suspension. It could be suggested that Pulis' hand was forced to put the team out that he did with the injury to Anichebe and having let go any other options.
However, last night was encouraging, and hopefully he will recognise showing some attacking intent is not a bad thing and at the end of the day if Pulis gets it right then West Brom get it right.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #934 on: February 12, 2015, 10:49:40 PM »
We've needed a Proper manager since Hodgson left, someone who has a bit of experience/nous when it comes to setting a team up to play against various opposition/players , not just a coach or a 2nd in command with potential . were not always going to end up winning , but I feel were in with more of a shout now , things might just be starting to click .

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #935 on: February 13, 2015, 10:29:54 AM »
Pulis is God, keeps us up he should get manager of the season(again) and a slice of the new pie
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Blakey

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #936 on: February 13, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »
Tony Pursil loves clean sheets lol

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #937 on: February 13, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »
I hope the Swansea game was more of a 'prototype' of things to come and he doesn't revert to type for the West Ham game, I think that team would have the beating of the 'ammers, no Fletcher of course but perhaps Mulumbu could be fit and ready for that game or maybe...dare I say it again....Gamboa in the midfield.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

wolverhampton baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #938 on: February 13, 2015, 02:54:11 PM »
I notice TP has started calling us "The Albion " instead of  "Albion " as he was when he first arrived in his after match work , not daft is he ?

Motty always calls us The Albion too doesn't he on motd
Born and bred in Dudley

Marcus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #939 on: February 13, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »
I see the Daily Express are reporting that the Vile have made enquires about his availability and any release clause.......

How's about F**K OFF !!!
Unspoilt By Progress

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #940 on: February 14, 2015, 12:45:03 AM »
No surprise there, he's the ideal man for the job.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #941 on: February 14, 2015, 01:51:59 AM »
God I hate seals.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #942 on: February 14, 2015, 04:47:58 AM »
I see the Daily Express are reporting that the Vile have made enquires about his availability and any release clause.......

How's about F**K OFF !!!

Doubt this is true, if it is what is it about those arrogant pricks from Witton taking local managers.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #943 on: February 14, 2015, 05:00:02 AM »
He ain't going to Villa....

Why would you? They're in disarray on and off the pitch with an owner who wants money back not put money in..

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #944 on: February 14, 2015, 08:59:10 AM »
He is seven weeks into a two and a half year deal with us. One of the worst newspaper rumours I have ever read. I notice not even the sun or the mirror have run this terrible story.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #945 on: February 14, 2015, 09:04:54 AM »
He ain't going to Villa....

Why would you?
They're in disarray on and off the pitch with an owner who wants money back not put money in..

Like it or not, they are a bigger club than us and it would be the biggest gig of his career so far.

I don't want him to go though so Villa can do one!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #946 on: February 14, 2015, 09:17:29 AM »
The Swansea game was the best I have seen us play in a long time, the top two pressed the Swansea defence, lead to poor passes. The link up with Sadio and Brown was good. Morrison made a number of good runs with the ball. Flecther and Yacob were excellent. We moved the ball a bit quicker than in recent games that I have seen.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #947 on: February 14, 2015, 09:25:25 AM »
In life timing is everything, for TP to go to VileNila now, is the wrong time  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #948 on: February 14, 2015, 09:34:50 AM »
The Swansea game was the best I have seen us play in a long time, the top two pressed the Swansea defence, lead to poor passes. The link up with Sadio and Brown was good. Morrison made a number of good runs with the ball. Flecther and Yacob were excellent. We moved the ball a bit quicker than in recent games that I have seen.
who is missing go figure......Anichibe we can now press higher and faster.Anichibe needs to get in shape too much weight thats why he is so injury proned.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #949 on: February 14, 2015, 09:49:48 AM »
We play the London media darlings this afternoon so its no surprise that the London media print a story to try and unsettle us.