Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5174768 times)

bry

• Youth Baggie

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #800 on: February 04, 2015, 04:58:16 PM »
weve got good players but he isnt playing them, cancelled there loans and playing a negative formation
Funny that I thought he was pretty much playing the same ones as Irvine?

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #801 on: February 05, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
Still no word from TP since the close of the Transfer Window I see.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #802 on: February 05, 2015, 10:05:11 AM »

Press conference will be Friday with our game being on Sunday I would think.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #803 on: February 05, 2015, 12:21:40 PM »

To be fair after last weeks comment about taking his eye off the ball I'd expect him to be concentrating on the must win game at the weekend rather than chatting to journos.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #804 on: February 05, 2015, 12:22:22 PM »
I think the upheaval the transfer window caused him before the Tottenham game, he is being totally focused on preparations for the Burnley game and rightly so.

They'll be time enough to comment on past events in due course. Lets let him get on with what is important, winning football matches to keep us up
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #805 on: February 06, 2015, 05:43:02 PM »
Just watching soccer am best bits, and James Beattie was saying how he was head butted by a naked Tony Pulis in the showers. Wonder how long it will be before one of our lot get the treatment :D

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #806 on: February 06, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »
Would love to have been a fly on the wall .

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #807 on: February 06, 2015, 06:23:06 PM »
Thought he spoke a lot of sense in his press conference, especially about Berahino. He seems likeable, with a sense of humour, and speaks a lot of sense. You can see that he would be a good motivator and would get respect from the players. I know people moan about the football not being pretty, but it needs to be with this group of players. We can better judge him next season, once he has changed the squad around and had a full pre season.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #808 on: February 06, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »
Thought he spoke a lot of sense in his press conference, especially about Berahino. He seems likeable, with a sense of humour, and speaks a lot of sense. You can see that he would be a good motivator and would get respect from the players. I know people moan about the football not being pretty, but it needs to be with this group of players. We can better judge him next season, once he has changed the squad around and had a full pre season.
Thought he dealt with those questions superbly , it hasn't been pretty but I still think he is the best option for us at the minute.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #809 on: February 07, 2015, 07:28:18 AM »

Totally agree, and have to say I really enjoy watching the clips on the Official Site of the end of week press conferences.

It's particularly refreshing to listen to a straight talker giving direct answers to direct questions (or as direct as possible - as I appreciate there are some issues that need to remain within the club rather than being broadcast publicly).

We've got a good man here to guide us through some difficult weeks ahead.

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #810 on: February 08, 2015, 03:51:30 PM »
Pulis needs to sort out this poor start habit its very frustrating and hard to overcome,I am confident we can but time is the essence.

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #811 on: February 08, 2015, 04:02:06 PM »
cracking interview again, his comment about Foster made me chuckle.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #812 on: February 08, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »
Pulis is god
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #813 on: February 08, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »
Didn't look to upbeat in his post match interview and was that a dig at the chairman when he mentioned only having three strikers!

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #814 on: February 08, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »
Pulis is god

God at ruining a football club.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #815 on: February 08, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »
I never wanted him here and not impressed so far. Hopefully he can turn it round though.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #816 on: February 08, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »
I never wanted him here and not impressed so far. Hopefully he can turn it round though.
Who would you have realistically wanted?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #817 on: February 08, 2015, 05:27:28 PM »
God at ruining a football club.

Even though his last 4 clubs have been in a better stronger position when he left  :)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #818 on: February 08, 2015, 05:42:43 PM »
Who would you have realistically wanted?

Fair question and I dont really know. I understand why he was appointed but I have disliked his style of football for years and on that basis I was disappointed that he was suddenly seen as the saviour by so many of our fans.

That doesnt mean that I want him to fail. He is our manager and relegation isnt automatically followed by promotion. But what I have seen so far isnt encouraging. He does come across as a decent guy though.

It goes back to the Mel appointment for me. If the club had backed him we may be in a better place.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #819 on: February 08, 2015, 05:46:04 PM »
Fair question and I dont really know. I understand why he was appointed but I have disliked his style of football for years and on that basis I was disappointed that he was suddenly seen as the saviour by so many of our fans.

That doesnt mean that I want him to fail. He is our manager and relegation isnt automatically followed by promotion. But what I have seen so far isnt encouraging. He does come across as a decent guy though.

It goes back to the Mel appointment for me. If the club had backed him we may be in a better place.
There was no one available from what I could see.
To be fair for a club in our position, he is a very good shout.
Mel was a nice man but I did not rate him at all.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #820 on: February 08, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »
Not afraid to make huge calls at a football club and that's exactly what we needed - ruthless and effective decision making.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #821 on: February 08, 2015, 06:25:32 PM »
Six games in only one defeat against a very good team, the results have been pretty good. The first half today was awful, but we turned it around and got a result, we grafted very hard at Everton to get a draw we have a cup run going. At the time Pulis was the only real choice out there.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #822 on: February 08, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »
Six games in only one defeat against a very good team, the results have been pretty good. The first half today was awful, but we turned it around and got a result, we grafted very hard at Everton to get a draw we have a cup run going. At the time Pulis was the only real choice out there.
Spot on, we got a point at Burnley and people moan what if we were Man City who drew at home against the lowly Hull after having spent hundreds of millions.Point is its not the end of the world lets get behind the team.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:00:44 PM by OldburyWBA »

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #823 on: February 08, 2015, 08:06:23 PM »
Spot on, we got a point at Burnley and people moan what if we were Man City who drew at home against the lowly Hull after having spent hundreds of millions.Point is its not the end of the world lets get behind the team.
People are moaning because whilst we may be picking up points, we are scraping results against out of form and weaker teams. Doesn't bode well for the future but agree we still have to get behind the team.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #824 on: February 08, 2015, 08:06:46 PM »
Even though his last 4 clubs have been in a better stronger position when he left  :)

Maybe just this football club then.

Although:

Stoke: Hated by the majority of Stoke fans, converted them from playing football to rugby, was gradually getting less points every season for his last 3 years. Not to mention being sacked first time round.

Palace: Threw his toys out the pram and left after having less money to spend.

Plymouth: Wouldn't say he did much there, or at any of his preceding clubs either really.