Author Topic: Financial Fair Play Regulations  (Read 1026 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Financial Fair Play Regulations
« on: June 22, 2020, 05:12:34 PM »
Swiss Ramble Twitter Account

"Last week UEFA announced a series of emergency changes to their Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations to “neutralise the adverse impact of the COVID-19 pandemic by allowing clubs to adjust the break-even calculation for revenue shortfalls reported in 2020 and 2021.”"

Personally, I wont even try to suggest that I've read, understood or grasped any of what is in the length tweet from an account that Standaman first bought to our attention, well mine anyway, as I was hoping Stan or others with accounting or other knowledge of FFP could enlighten me / us laymen, persons  ;)

Source: https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1274957273664761856
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Financial Fair Play Regulations
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 05:24:57 PM »
I haven't clicked on the link as yet either but I'd bet my last sheckle it'll work out in the Vile's favour somehow. I loathe them.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
I haven't clicked on the link as yet either but I'd bet my last sheckle it'll work out in the Vile's favour somehow. I loathe them.

Not only do we support the Albion, but we support the other club as well, the we hate the vile club 😂
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 08:36:06 PM »
First principle is that this UEFA and only really impacts those clubs who qualify for European competition and the EFL and Premier League regulations are absolutely not cut and paste versions of the UEFA rules. So for instance UEFA FFP precludes profits from ground sales whereas the EFL does not.

However in general UEFA have tried to adjust the revenue side of the equation for the impact of Covid-19. Hence they will add back in known losses e.g. rebates to broadcasters. What it won't do is make an adjustment for unknown impacts e.g. losses due to the slowdown in the transfer market.

I would imagine that the English regulations will be adjusted in a similar way. If a team is spending way beyond it's means it any adjustment won't rescue them.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.