Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129442 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4300 on: June 13, 2019, 02:35:00 PM »
Here's one for you:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/salomon-rondon-wants-permanent-newcastle-15044025

No mention of gratitude there, and sounds like he was desperate to get out, and taking no responsibility in his part of the relegation. I don't believe this conjecture that he didn't have a relegation clause as imo jp would never have allowed it.

So he could have sounded grateful then imo.

He just  wanted to maintain a prem salary.

After that he didn't score then got injured and gave that interview (probably at the insistence of his agent) knowing he might have to come back if things didn't turn out good for him.

Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary.
[/b]

I have moved for more money every time I've changed jobs all through my working life and suggest that anybody with a modicum of common sense would do the same.
Nothing to do with being a mercenary.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4301 on: June 13, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
[/b]

I have moved for more money every time I've changed jobs all through my working life and suggest that anybody with a modicum of common sense would do the same.
Nothing to do with being a mercenary.

I think it was me called him a mercenary first, but I only meant in the way almost all players now are, it's their job, so it wasn't meant that harshly.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4302 on: June 13, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
Here's one for you:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/salomon-rondon-wants-permanent-newcastle-15044025

No mention of gratitude there, and sounds like he was desperate to get out, and taking no responsibility in his part of the relegation. I don't believe this conjecture that he didn't have a relegation clause as imo jp would never have allowed it.

So he could have sounded grateful then imo.

He just  wanted to maintain a prem salary.

After that he didn't score then got injured and gave that interview (probably at the insistence of his agent) knowing he might have to come back if things didn't turn out good for him.

Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary.

Eden Hazard has moved for more money each time so is he a mercenary or just someone looking to better himself?

Why would you move for less money when football is a short career? Of course he wanted to maintain his salary which would have happened if he stayed here if reports are true that there was no wage drop clause, if true then its was in our interests as well as his to move him on. You might not believe and we'll probably never know but didn't Chadli also not have a wage drop clause?

You say Peace wouldn't allow it? Sometimes its the only way to get players in to agree to their demands and there was a slight change at times under Pulis.

That link is from a North East newspaper so it will be full of things about Newcastle and won't mention us as up there they couldn't care less about us yet you ignore the BBC link I put on that said this club will be forever in his heart, very selective aren't you?

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4303 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
Eden Hazard has moved for more money each time so is he a mercenary or just someone looking to better himself?

Why would you move for less money when football is a short career? Of course he wanted to maintain his salary which would have happened if he stayed here if reports are true that there was no wage drop clause, if true then its was in our interests as well as his to move him on. You might not believe and we'll probably never know but didn't Chadli also not have a wage drop clause?

You say Peace wouldn't allow it? Sometimes its the only way to get players in to agree to their demands and there was a slight change at times under Pulis.

That link is from a North East newspaper so it will be full of things about Newcastle and won't mention us as up there they couldn't care less about us yet you ignore the BBC link I put on that said this club will be forever in his heart, very selective aren't you?

No, I have mentioned "that" interview you mention and not ignored it and stated my opinion about it, so not selective at all!

It's good you try to defend his Newcastle paper interview, that's your choice and your opinion, but it would be a very risky strategy from a failing newspaper industry reporter to miss out Albion loving quotes made by Rondon, and risk alienating access to him, more likely Rondon says what he needs to say to maintain his earning potential.

I have no doubt he'd join Bournemouth if the money was more and he doesn't care about the size of the club, which in my eyes is mercenary and in your eyes is someone who wants to better themselves.

But, I am WBA fan so my views are based on what happens there and I don't care about a player wanting to better themselves, as my only concern is WBA bettering themselves, and the disloyalty of the likes of Rondon and Foster is something I don't like.

I've got my own sh++ list of players who have gone on frees like Whyte, Hunt and Gera who have cost the club big money in taking that stance (a situation that can be avoided as seen by Delph at Vile who was on a free but signed a new contract with them with a clause that they got back what they paid for him when he left Leeds to join them and then moved to City) and in my eyes it is disloyalty and in your eyes it is them bettering themselves. They were all great players for the Albion, but once do that they go right down in my opinion.

My opinion is just different from yours, that's all.

It'll be interesting to see if he doesn't get his perm move (which I hope he does) and he goes for a free next year, what the views will be on here.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4304 on: June 13, 2019, 04:02:46 PM »
No, I have mentioned "that" interview you mention and not ignored it and stated my opinion about it, so not selective at all!

It's good you try to defend his Newcastle paper interview, that's your choice and your opinion, but it would be a very risky strategy from a failing newspaper industry reporter to miss out Albion loving quotes made by Rondon, and risk alienating access to him, more likely Rondon says what he needs to say to maintain his earning potential.

I have no doubt he'd join Bournemouth if the money was more and he doesn't care about the size of the club, which in my eyes is mercenary and in your eyes is someone who wants to better themselves.

But, I am WBA fan so my views are based on what happens there and I don't care about a player wanting to better themselves, as my only concern is WBA bettering themselves, and the disloyalty of the likes of Rondon and Foster is something I don't like.

I've got my own sh++ list of players who have gone on frees like Whyte, Hunt and Gera who have cost the club big money in taking that stance (a situation that can be avoided as seen by Delph at Vile who was on a free but signed a new contract with them with a clause that they got back what they paid for him when he left Leeds to join them and then moved to City) and in my eyes it is disloyalty and in your eyes it is them bettering themselves. They were all great players for the Albion, but once do that they go right down in my opinion.

My opinion is just different from yours, that's all.

It'll be interesting to see if he doesn't get his perm move (which I hope he does) and he goes for a free next year, what the views will be on here.

Obviously if you are only selecting certain sections and not looking around then you are being selective. I haven't defended him at all, I just pointed out another part where he praised us, there is also a comment in the Birmingham Mail where he praised us but a Newcastle based paper couldn't care less about it and why should they, our local papers would do exactly the same -

“We did really well under Darren Moore. In the last few games we only lost the last one, but we went down to the Championship. The only positive thing for me over the past three years was when I arrived in the Premier League the supporters made me feel like I was at home, to be honest.

“I remember my first game against Manchester City and they sung to me. It was an amazing feeling. It was a dream to come to the Premier League and that was a beautiful moment for me as a footballer. But the way last season went was very tough.”

At this stage I couldn't complain if anyone joined Bournemouth over us, they are a Prem club establishing themselves each year whereas we didn't build on what we had.

I also don't remember him downing tools last Summer or throwing toys out like Chadli or Dawson or making comments as soon as we went down like Foster or making the comments about staying the press and then telling the manager he wanted to leave like Robinson did. Those could be classed as mercenarys.

I fully expect him to go this Summer as the club need his wages off the wage bill, whether he goes out on loan again or a permanent deal he will be gone.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4305 on: June 13, 2019, 04:37:27 PM »
Obviously if you are only selecting certain sections and not looking around then you are being selective. I haven't defended him at all, I just pointed out another part where he praised us, there is also a comment in the Birmingham Mail where he praised us but a Newcastle based paper couldn't care less about it and why should they, our local papers would do exactly the same -

“We did really well under Darren Moore. In the last few games we only lost the last one, but we went down to the Championship. The only positive thing for me over the past three years was when I arrived in the Premier League the supporters made me feel like I was at home, to be honest.

“I remember my first game against Manchester City and they sung to me. It was an amazing feeling. It was a dream to come to the Premier League and that was a beautiful moment for me as a footballer. But the way last season went was very tough.”

At this stage I couldn't complain if anyone joined Bournemouth over us, they are a Prem club establishing themselves each year whereas we didn't build on what we had.

I also don't remember him downing tools last Summer or throwing toys out like Chadli or Dawson or making comments as soon as we went down like Foster or making the comments about staying the press and then telling the manager he wanted to leave like Robinson did. Those could be classed as mercenarys.

I fully expect him to go this Summer as the club need his wages off the wage bill, whether he goes out on loan again or a permanent deal he will be gone.

The fact that the Newcastle article states he was training on his own, doesn't imply what he did behind the scenes.

He did exactly the same as Foster imo,  the difference being nobody was prepared to pay the release clause.

So I don't see how you can label the others you named as mercenaries, but not rondon.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4306 on: June 13, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »
The fact that the Newcastle article states he was training on his own, doesn't imply what he did behind the scenes.

He did exactly the same as Foster imo,  the difference being nobody was prepared to pay the release clause.

So I don't see how you can label the others you named as mercenaries, but not rondon.

Quite easy, Foster said as soon as we went down he wanted out. Robinson says in the press he wants to stay, RDM's first day he doesn't say morning gaffer, he just says I want to leave.

As for Rondon it clearly states - And Rondon also says that the uncertainty over the protracted negotiations left him in limbo – with West Brom putting him on a different training schedule and keeping him out of pre-season games on the understanding that a move would happen. therefore stating that THE CLUB put him training on his own so not the same as him doing it himself or refusing to climb hills like Chadli or Dawson not going on a tour.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4307 on: June 13, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »
Quite easy, Foster said as soon as we went down he wanted out. Robinson says in the press he wants to stay, RDM's first day he doesn't say morning gaffer, he just says I want to leave.

As for Rondon it clearly states - And Rondon also says that the uncertainty over the protracted negotiations left him in limbo – with West Brom putting him on a different training schedule and keeping him out of pre-season games on the understanding that a move would happen. therefore stating that THE CLUB put him training on his own so not the same as him doing it himself or refusing to climb hills like Chadli or Dawson not going on a tour.

So basically, you are saying that he didn't say he wanted out behind the scenes and that is your opinion.

You see him as loyal, I see him as a mercenary who was glad to be in the promised land of tv money.

The comments you yourself quoted above mentions him being happy to be coming to the Premier league, etc, etc and doesn't mention anything about coming to us.

You also defended him as stating it was a short career, well it's a lot longer than the poor so and so's who graft to put the £70k reported he was on, in his pocket.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4308 on: June 13, 2019, 05:45:10 PM »
So basically, you are saying that he didn't say he wanted out behind the scenes and that is your opinion.

You see him as loyal, I see him as a mercenary who was glad to be in the promised land of tv money.

The comments you yourself quoted above mentions him being happy to be coming to the Premier league, etc, etc and doesn't mention anything about coming to us.

You also defended him as stating it was a short career, well it's a lot longer than the poor so and so's who graft to put the £70k reported he was on, in his pocket.

I didn't say I saw him as loyal, I also didn't state he was a mercenary as you have claimed, you stated

I have no idea about his early career except that his first club was in his home country and therefore like 99% of players in a country in South America he will join a club in Europe if offered the chance. No idea why he left Las Palmas but possibly as Malaga were in a higher division but I do know why he left Malaga as the Sheikh who brought them basically stopped putting money in hence why they have gone from a club competing in the Champions League to a club now trying to get out of the second division. I watch a lot of Malaga games when I can hence why I was happy when we signed him. So again nothing to do with him being a mercenary, the fact is his club could not afford him or any of the other big names they had signed.

I have no idea why he left one club in Russia for another as I know nothing about Russian football but he joined us just over 12 months after joining Zenit as clubs had to cut down the number of foreign players, the fee when he joined us was also less than his club paid for him so who knows if he took a pay cut to come to us, you may know and be able to tell us.

Hardly the career of a mercenary. Yes it is a short career but his wages are more likely to be coming from Sky TV than us.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4309 on: June 13, 2019, 07:42:22 PM »
I know the handball rules have been changed for next season, but I didn't know the goals in the championship had widened to the length of pitch,  as that is the only way he might get 30-35 goals.

I would like to know also how many of his 7 assists last season were due to him missing and the ball just falling to somene who knew where the net was.

He's a mercenary who should be sold ASAP, especially after the interviews he gave after joining on Newcastle on loan last summer, no gratitude for the chance we have him to play in the prem and the massive wedge he took from us and his role in the relegation, just spouting rubbish like he'd just escaped Frizel's cellar.
A mercenary ...in the same mould as Dwight Gayle ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4310 on: June 13, 2019, 08:47:30 PM »
I didn't say I saw him as loyal, I also didn't state he was a mercenary as you have claimed, you stated

I have no idea about his early career except that his first club was in his home country and therefore like 99% of players in a country in South America he will join a club in Europe if offered the chance. No idea why he left Las Palmas but possibly as Malaga were in a higher division but I do know why he left Malaga as the Sheikh who brought them basically stopped putting money in hence why they have gone from a club competing in the Champions League to a club now trying to get out of the second division. I watch a lot of Malaga games when I can hence why I was happy when we signed him. So again nothing to do with him being a mercenary, the fact is his club could not afford him or any of the other big names they had signed.

I have no idea why he left one club in Russia for another as I know nothing about Russian football but he joined us just over 12 months after joining Zenit as clubs had to cut down the number of foreign players, the fee when he joined us was also less than his club paid for him so who knows if he took a pay cut to come to us, you may know and be able to tell us.

Hardly the career of a mercenary. Yes it is a short career but his wages are more likely to be coming from Sky TV than us.

Given he'll be guided by an agent, who wants the most as he gets 10%, do you honestly think he moves for lower wages when he moves?

If he left his last club for a lower wage to come to us, I am sure he and his agent would have got the difference from them before committing to us.

Just like Gayle did when signing a new contract at Newcastle before coming to us. They look after themselves first, we just help to pay their wages at the club and through sky and BT.

So given the definition of a mercenary I would argue most players are this way.

You get the rare occasion like collins ripping up his vile contract after injuring himself (worse luck for us as they got mings then), but the rest like Rodwell will want all their contract paid up and wouldn't care what the financial position of the club was, and I am not saying that is wrong, just that but I don't believe we are in his heart like he claims.

If a player wants a nomadic mercenary career, that is his perogative but I don't have to like it.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4311 on: June 13, 2019, 09:02:37 PM »
Given he'll be guided by an agent, who wants the most as he gets 10%, do you honestly think he moves for lower wages when he moves?

If he left his last club for a lower wage to come to us, I am sure he and his agent would have got the difference from them before committing to us.

Just like Gayle did when signing a new contract at Newcastle before coming to us. They look after themselves first, we just help to pay their wages at the club and through sky and BT.

You get the rare occasion like collins ripping up his vile contract after injuring himself (worse luck for us as they got mings then), but the rest like Rodwell will want all their contract paid up and wouldn't care what the financial position of the club was, and I am not saying that is wrong, just that but I don't believe we are in his heart like he claims.

If a player wants a nomadic mercenary career, that is his perogative but I don't have to like it.

Name a player that voluntarily moves for less money when they are beginning and going through their career not coming to the end?

You claimed "Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary."

I explained why he left Malaga and why he left Zenit, please explain how either of them make him a mercenary as I am baffled by your comments ?

I also said "who knows if he took a pay cut to come here" as I don't know, I do know Russian clubs paid stupid money at one time, whether that has ended I don't know but like any player who does not request a move the clubs have to pay their contracts up or negotiate a deal with the player.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4312 on: June 13, 2019, 09:08:32 PM »

The career of a football is a short and therefore they all look to earn as much money as possible to live off post playing days.
he’s doing a job, he’s being paid to do it, and just like 99% of the population he will want to be paid as much as possible to do it, I highly doubt anyone in any profession tends to move for less money and I doubt anyone would turn down a pay rise to go and do an identical job for another company. If another company we’re going to offer you a 50% pay rise to go and work for them 99% of people would take it, are they all mercenaries? Why is it acceptable for everyone else but not footballers?
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4313 on: June 13, 2019, 09:17:37 PM »
Name a player that voluntarily moves for less money when they are beginning and going through their career not coming to the end?

You claimed "Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary."

I explained why he left Malaga and why he left Zenit, please explain how either of them make him a mercenary as I am baffled by your comments ?

I also said "who knows if he took a pay cut to come here" as I don't know, I do know Russian clubs paid stupid money at one time, whether that has ended I don't know but like any player who does not request a move the clubs have to pay their contracts up or negotiate a deal with the player.

The definition of mercenary is:

mercenary
/ˈməːsɪn(ə)ri/
 Learn to pronounce
adjective
primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.

I believe in the instances of Delph and Collins I have demonstrated players who haven't acted in a mercenary manner.

You keep believing Rondon isn't a mercenary and I'll keep on believing he is and he doesn't give 2 hoots about us.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4314 on: June 13, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »
The career of a football is a short and therefore they all look to earn as much money as possible to live off post playing days.
he’s doing a job, he’s being paid to do it, and just like 99% of the population he will want to be paid as much as possible to do it, I highly doubt anyone in any profession tends to move for less money and I doubt anyone would turn down a pay rise to go and do an identical job for another company. If another company we’re going to offer you a 50% pay rise to go and work for them 99% of people would take it, are they all mercenaries? Why is it acceptable for everyone else but not footballers?

I didn't say it is unacceptable nor did I say other people don't do it, he can choose to do what he wants, but he doesn't have to feed us the bull that we are in his hearts after he got out as quick as he could.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4315 on: June 13, 2019, 09:26:05 PM »
The definition of mercenary is:

mercenary
/ˈməːsɪn(ə)ri/
 Learn to pronounce
adjective
primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.

I believe in the instances of Delph and Collins I have demonstrated players who haven't acted in a mercenary manner.

You keep believing Rondon isn't a mercenary and I'll keep on believing he is and he doesn't give 2 hoots about us.

No I don't believe he is, he may not give two hoots about us, not many players do, do I care? not one bit.

As for your comment to NathWBA and getting out as quick as he could, he was way behind Foster who told the dressing room he wanted out as soon as we were down or Robinson and I think it was Kamara who told Mowbray they wanted out after the playoff against Derby, beat that for speed.

Read the article you posted which said "THE CLUB" put him on a different training programme suggesting the club wanted him oout as well which is purely to get his wages off the wage bill.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4316 on: June 13, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »
I may be wrong, but to me the situation is simple.

Rondon is still our player and will be starting next season in the Championship unless Newcastle or Wolves pay the sum we ask. Or anyone else for that matter. I read that a European team are offering him big bucks to leave, but if they don't pay WBA the rate they're asking, he's going nowhere.

Who knows... Perhaps he may like that we've brought Slav in and decide to stay. He would do well in this league.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4317 on: June 13, 2019, 09:42:26 PM »
No I don't believe he is, he may not give two hoots about us, not many players do, do I care? not one bit.

As for your comment to NathWBA and getting out as quick as he could, he was way behind Foster who told the dressing room he wanted out as soon as we were down or Robinson and I think it was Kamara who told Mowbray they wanted out after the playoff against Derby, beat that for speed.

Read the article you posted which said "THE CLUB" put him on a different training programme suggesting the club wanted him oout as well which is purely to get his wages off the wage bill.

That article is written from an interview he gave, do you think all players tell the truth in interviews or do they try to further their own reputation. He was hardly going to say I wanted out ASAP and trained on my own to force my way out.

We know what he has said, but we don't know what the club's version of events is.

Never heard about Kamara doing that before, but as far as we know he could have done a defoe and asked to leave the day after relegation and it was kept quiet to keep his value up.

I don't believe everything I read, and as was demonstrated by the morrison had a option in his favour it is seldom accurate.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4318 on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:10 PM »
That article is written from an interview he gave, do you think all players tell the truth in interviews or do they try to further their own reputation. He was hardly going to say I wanted out ASAP and trained on my own to force my way out.

We know what he has said, but we don't know what the club's version of events is.

Never heard about Kamara doing that before, but as far as we know he could have done a defoe and asked to leave the day after relegation and it was kept quiet to keep his value up.

I don't believe everything I read, and as was demonstrated by the morrison had a option in his favour it is seldom accurate.

You linked an article that stated "THE CLUB" put him on a different training programme. If he had refused to do anything it would have come out as it did with Dawson and Chadli. The club needed the money off the wage bill so were obviously more than happy to let him go as they will be this Summer.

You are the one banging on about him being a mercenary with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4319 on: June 13, 2019, 10:11:05 PM »
You linked an article that stated "THE CLUB" put him on a different training programme. If he had refused to do anything it would have come out as it did with Dawson and Chadli. The club needed the money off the wage bill so were obviously more than happy to let him go as they will be this Summer.

You are the one banging on about him being a mercenary with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.

So because you didn't read about or heard about it couldn't have happened?

The club kept Berahino's drug ban secret to retain his value.
If the club and the agent decide to keep something quiet it won't come out.

The article I posted is his version of events IN HIS WORDS, and was WHAT he said, that doesn't make it the truth.

Like I said before, he is no different to Foster imo, other than that nobody paid his release clause.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4320 on: June 13, 2019, 10:19:19 PM »
I didn't say it is unacceptable nor did I say other people don't do it, he can choose to do what he wants, but he doesn't have to feed us the bull that we are in his hearts after he got out as quick as he could.
so what is your issue?
"Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary."
he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary.

But you don’t have an issue with him moving for more money so why repeatedly have a dig at him about it?
 You’ve made the assumption that he played up for a move out of the club and asked for it despite there being no evidence to suggest this at all.
You don’t want him to say any “bull” that we are in his heart so what is he meant to say?
you moaned that he didn’t show any gratitude to the club in an interview conducted with him about his move to Newcastle by a Newcastle paper but choose not to accept his message on twitter to the fans and the club?
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4321 on: June 13, 2019, 10:21:08 PM »
So because you didn't read about or heard about it couldn't have happened?

The club kept Berahino's drug ban secret to retain his value.
If the club and the agent decide to keep something quiet it won't come out.

The article I posted is his version of events IN HIS WORDS, and was WHAT he said, that doesn't make it the truth.

Like I said before, he is no different to Foster imo, other than that nobody paid his release clause.

I said "If he had refused to do anything it would have come out as it did with Dawson and Chadli" and I do maintain that as things these days have a habit of creeping out as they did when Foster was saying one thing to the press and another about leaving to the club. I find it hard to believe that it would not come out about Rondon if he had thrown a wobbler. As I have stated the club wanted and needed him out just as much due to the wage bill but you seem to be ignoring that part. The talks with Newcastle were going on for a while which is probably why they created that separate training plan for him given that the article YOU posted is dated 17th August and it states from the player himself that he first heard of the interest 2 months before that which would have been before the players came back for pre-season training.

So again, how is he a mercenary? You have stated about his moves throughout his career being due to him being a mercenary.

How you can compare him to Berahino and the drug case I will never know.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4322 on: June 13, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »
I said "If he had refused to do anything it would have come out as it did with Dawson and Chadli" and I do maintain that as things these days have a habit of creeping out as they did when Foster was saying one thing to the press and another about leaving to the club. I find it hard to believe that it would not come out about Rondon if he had thrown a wobbler. As I have stated the club wanted and needed him out just as much due to the wage bill but you seem to be ignoring that part. The talks with Newcastle were going on for a while which is probably why they created that separate training plan for him given that the article YOU posted is dated 17th August and it states from the player himself that he first heard of the interest 2 months before that which would have been before the players came back for pre-season training.

So again, how is he a mercenary? You have stated about his moves throughout his career being due to him being a mercenary.

How you can compare him to Berahino and the drug case I will never know.

I referred to the drug case as an example it not being released to the public in the press, no other comparison.

And again his career and nomadic existence demonstrates his mercanary tendencies imo.

You continue to hold others as mercanries and I'll continue to class him as one too.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4323 on: June 13, 2019, 10:59:55 PM »
This is like one of those nights in a pub, with a group of blokes arguing about something that you struggle to takes sides on. Well, I’m off to the bar for a refill, being as I’m the only one drinking while listening, and if I’m not back in 20 minutes, I’ve either got lucky with the barmaid, or sidled off to another pub.  ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4324 on: June 13, 2019, 11:12:01 PM »
I referred to the drug case as an example it not being released to the public in the press, no other comparison.

And again his career and nomadic existence demonstrates his mercanary tendencies imo.

You continue to hold others as mercanries and I'll continue to class him as one too.

The drug case cannot be compared regardless of your example of it not being released, those sort of things will always be kept quiet and I would guess only a handful actually knew the real reasons.

I'm struggling to see where I hold anyone as mercenaries. I said you could "class" them as mercenaries but not called anyone one and am still awaiting why Rondon is a mercenary given you claim he has moved for more money each time (as well all aim to do in our working life when we change jobs) despite me telling you why he left Malaga (along with all the name players they signed under the current ownership when he stopped putting money in hence their drop from Champions League football to Laliga 123) and why he left Zenit which was well publicised when he joined us.