Author Topic: A way to show our frustration?  (Read 6543 times)

Topman

• Youth Baggie

A way to show our frustration?
« on: March 14, 2021, 04:57:42 PM »
Obviously with covid, football fans have not been able to vent frustration at their teams ineptitude up and down the country. However with the premier league saying we can have crowds back in potentially for the last two games, I’m not sure if it is the last two or the very last one which then does not concern us, I would love us to send a clear message to our owners, board, manager and players that you can play in an empty stadium anyway as we don’t want to see you. I for one won’t be returning to football until we can all go, so if it’s only say 8 thousand for the last home game i would love to see fans turn their nose up at not buying any tickets to send a message to the whole club, won’t happen I know as people years ago did the Mexican wave for our last home game after relaxation but just an idea, thoughts?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: A way to show our frustration?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 05:00:50 PM »
Obviously with covid, football fans have not been able to vent frustration at their teams ineptitude up and down the country. However with the premier league saying we can have crowds back in potentially for the last two games, I’m not sure if it is the last two or the very last one which then does not concern us, I would love us to send a clear message to our owners, board, manager and players that you can play in an empty stadium anyway as we don’t want to see you. I for one won’t be returning to football until we can all go, so if it’s only say 8 thousand for the last home game i would love to see fans turn their nose up at not buying any tickets to send a message to the whole club, won’t happen I know as people years ago did the Mexican wave for our last home game after relaxation but just an idea, thoughts?

One of the most passive fan bases in the country.

Remember 6 people turned up to protest the Irvine appointment 😂
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 05:03:53 PM »
One of the most passive fan bases in the country.

Remember 6 people turned up to protest the Irvine appointment 😂

Yes don’t remind me of that day, I went for an two out walk before the England game to get over it, one of the most stunned I’ve been regarding an appointment, I was fuming

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 05:19:19 PM »
What can you do ? , problems start at the top and reports say Lai wants top dollar for the club which he won't get as JP did him like a kipper .Utter mess .
The only thing they would take notice of is empty seats but they know after Covid people can't get back fast enough no doubt buying replica kits as they do .
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 05:21:02 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 05:35:30 PM »

Yes don’t remind me of that day, I went for an two out walk before the England game to get over it, one of the most stunned I’ve been regarding an appointment, I was fuming

Exactly how I felt at the time after the night before the Brum Mail published the headline Tim Sherwod IS the new Albion manager however what he went on to do for Villa maybe we got the better end of the deal after all  ;D

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 05:42:52 PM »
I won't be going and i won't be renewing my s/t. I will pick and choose when i go from now on. And if i don't fancy any games or i don't like the kick off time i won't go!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 05:57:17 PM »
I won't be going and i won't be renewing my s/t. I will pick and choose when i go from now on. And if i don't fancy any games or i don't like the kick off time i won't go!
Hope there's a few more like you but I doubt it .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 06:00:49 PM »
I'm planning on getting a season ticket after giving it up a couple of years ago. This past 12 months has shown it's important to live life while you can. Going up the Albion is something I sacrificed previously. Can't wait to get back.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 06:04:30 PM »
I'm planning on getting a season ticket after giving it up a couple of years ago. This past 12 months has shown it's important to live life while you can. Going up the Albion is something I sacrificed previously. Can't wait to get back.

I feel quite the opposite to this. Had my season ticket for 30 years and feeling like I have no interest in going back currently.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 06:25:47 PM »
When was the last meaningful protest we’ve had? Swansea under Gould? As Jacko says we are the most passive fans around.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 06:36:09 PM »
I remember congregating once with certainly a few hundred outside the main entrance in Halfords Lane. It was certainly boisterous and the police got involved, but I'm damned if I can remember against who?
I would guess it was around 82??
Edit was it the guy with the sheds!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 07:09:37 PM »
I remember congregating once with certainly a few hundred outside the main entrance in Halfords Lane. It was certainly boisterous and the police got involved, but I'm damned if I can remember against who?

Trev the shed, golden days !   NOT !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
The reason I started the thread was because it would certainly get us some media coverage if not one single fan brought tickets despite no live football for over a year. It would send a message. Impossible I know to go but a thought

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2021, 07:27:00 PM »

Was it the 5-1 against Crewe
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 08:01:13 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2021, 07:29:38 PM »
Vote with your wallets and protest in numbers. We have one of the softest if not the softest fan base in the country so the protests won't happen we just bend over and take mediocrity every summer. The club isn't short of cash but for some reason we as fans have never protested against our board. I for one am voting with my wallet and not giving the club a penny until lai is gone.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2021, 07:43:28 PM »
I have been a Albion fan for over 55 years and I have seen some right rubbish seasons, this one included and have been frustrated by it but the most frustrated part of it is not being able to give my support to the team. I have shouted long and hard when at the ground about the decisions that have been made by the boards we have had down the years. 

When we get back to The Hawthorns make your voices heard, you wont be able to do that if you stay away. ;)

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2021, 07:48:16 PM »
What are we protesting against exactly? Going down the season after promotion? Did we expect anything different?
We'll be top 6 in the Champ by Christmas.
Many teams have a reason to protest, we are closer to the bottom of the list than top.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 07:50:10 PM »
I want to go and get a Season ticket as then I can see my first season of hopefully many more as an Albion Fan at the ground I would go to all Saturday games maybe Midweek if I could depending on College. But at the same time with these owners in charge do I want to attend not really but at the same time I want to be part of the Chanting and watching us at the Best Ground in the Country.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2021, 08:05:22 PM »
have to say i liked the tennis ball protest (charlton?)  really disruptive, got loads of "coverage" and was to a degree novel,

now, what we need is something which will be an embarrassment to the chinese on worldwide tv.
Something to do with the unlucky number 4 ???

Chinese flags with a number 4 on them, Japanese with an 8 on them (8 is lucky in china)

Even throwing chinese flags on pitch with contempt !
Albion Family !!!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2021, 08:19:33 PM »
I have been a Albion fan for over 55 years and I have seen some right rubbish seasons, this one included and have been frustrated by it but the most frustrated part of it is not being able to give my support to the team. I have shouted long and hard when at the ground about the decisions that have been made by the boards we have had down the years. 

When we get back to The Hawthorns make your voices heard, you wont be able to do that if you stay away. ;)

I don't think Ken will give a monkeys or report to Lai that a section of the Smethwick shouted some anti Lai chants and "Sack the board" he will however report the lack of cash coming in through the turnstiles

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »
I don't think Ken will give a monkeys or report to Lai that a section of the Smethwick shouted some anti Lai chants and "Sack the board" he will however report the lack of cash coming in through the turnstiles

They know there will be a lack of income from being relegated, and chants wont just come from the Smethwick if fans turn up to voice their anger instead of posting it on various websites.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2021, 08:45:07 PM »
The reason I started the thread was because it would certainly get us some media coverage if not one single fan brought tickets despite no live football for over a year. It would send a message. Impossible I know to go but a thought
I wouldn’t dream of telling you which supermarket to shop in, which car manufacturer to go to etc ...where does all this “what WE need to do” stuff come from?
I will go and watch when/if it suits me..I won’t not go because a few people on here want to change the world.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2021, 08:50:39 PM »
They know there will be a lack of income from being relegated, and chants wont just come from the Smethwick if fans turn up to voice their anger instead of posting it on various websites.

If you read my earlier post you would of read that I suggested mass protests but our fans are to nice to do that or just won't show. The east and west stand won't do It and the birmingham road might in patches. Let's be real here you need the sort of numbers that we're at the stadium on the 22nd July 2020 when we got promoted and then some to consider it a protest. That just won't happen. To your point they can lose money from sponsorships and relegation they can cover for that from player sales and cutting wages but losing a consistent form on income in matchday tickets and season tickets is an issue and that will leave a mark.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2021, 08:54:10 PM »
a) Tesco
b) Ford
c) Don't go down the Vile

sorted, anymore life styling required? please feel free to ask ! 
Albion Family !!!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2021, 09:18:38 PM »
a) Tesco
b) Ford
c) Don't go down the Vile

sorted, anymore life styling required? please feel free to ask !
3) I agree with
1) My Stepmum works there so we do most of our shopping there but we use other supermarkets to
2) I prefer Jags except for classic Fords I do like them and the newer Focus RS
Albion Pride Of The Black Country