Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2380632 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #14575 on: April 05, 2024, 07:15:57 PM »
Definitely more entertaining than the top of the table borefest that was the Manchester City v Arsenal game that's for sure  ;D .
Man City v Vila was entertaining though  ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14576 on: April 06, 2024, 08:54:07 AM »
Man City v Vila was entertaining though  ;D

Didn't even realise they were playing until they were 4-1 down.

Viewed the goals a few times since mind  ;) .

COYB and SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14577 on: April 08, 2024, 02:05:13 PM »
Everton deducted 2 more points for FFP breach

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14578 on: April 08, 2024, 03:16:06 PM »
This Premier League season has possibly been one of the best seasons in a while, some of the games have been really entertaining, I'm surprised we haven't seen a 5-5 yet or a 5-4. There is a three way title fight, let's assume it's fourth who get UCL that is 2 teams battling for 1 spot. You have the European places below where Man Utd, Newcastle, West Ham, Brighton, Wolves and possibly Chelsea are all battling for Europa or Europa Confrence League, the bottom two are down but you have 3 or 4 teams battling to avoid 1 relegation place and Burnley might not have ruled themselves out. There has been hardly any Mangerial sackings this season, Sheffield United are the only team who have sacked there manager. Roy stood down so that doesn't count. No one is the League with more than at least 90 points this season this has been a vintage season with potentially 80 something points to win the league Man Utd or Chelsea have won the league with that amount. Everyone other than Burnley as of late and Sheffield United looks capable of beating everyone and at the same time being thrashed. Injuries have hit a lot of the teams. It has been a reminder of why the Prem is the best league in the world.

Looking at the Euros some standout English players Bukayo Saka, Declan Rice, Ivan Toney, Jared Bowen who is underrated works very hard has intelligence and can play as a False Nine, Striker or Winger. James Madison, Dominic Solanke, Anthony Gordon before he got injured, Ollie Watkins, Phil Foden, Koby Mainoo have all impressed not forgetting Cole Palmer and the usual suspects of John Stones and Kyle Walker. This will be the most exciting end to a season in a while and sadly it does show the quality you need to stay up or compete, although if Burnley stay up it will be with 20 something points that isn't to hard to achieve. Granted you want a Luton or Forrest who were struggling before the points deduction.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #14579 on: April 17, 2024, 01:54:46 PM »
Forest season ticket prices increased by 22-28%, I have a feeling ours will go up this year regardless of what division we are in, but not by that much in one go I hope!!  :o
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14580 on: April 22, 2024, 07:28:32 AM »
Well, Forest’s statement against the PGMOL will ruffle many feathers. Some bizarre decisions though. I thought the first penalty claim could go either way as the attacker made a meal of it but Young did kick his ankle and not the ball. The second two penalties looked like clear to me.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #14581 on: April 22, 2024, 12:46:09 PM »
I thought the 1st two could have gone either way but then you see a pen given in the Coventry game was it for basically the same handball that Forest were not given one for which comes down again to inconsistency in the decision making.

The 3rd was a stonewaller though.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14582 on: April 22, 2024, 09:30:14 PM »
Well, Forest’s statement against the PGMOL will ruffle many feathers. Some bizarre decisions though. I thought the first penalty claim could go either way as the attacker made a meal of it but Young did kick his ankle and not the ball. The second two penalties looked like clear to me.

I wonder if Hollywood Clattenberg was behind it.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14583 on: April 27, 2024, 04:50:08 PM »
Sheffield Utd relegated, or will be when final whistle goes anyway. Losing 5-1

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14584 on: April 27, 2024, 07:21:47 PM »
Liverpool's title bid is over drawing with West Ham apparently Klopp and Salah had an arguement. Spurs want top 4 so Arsenal might have a hard game tomorrow but Man City have Forest who on paper should lose but they are fighting so it could get interesting.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14585 on: Yesterday at 04:09:53 PM »
Interesting:

'Premier League clubs have agreed in principle to introduce a spending cap.

A majority of clubs voted in favour of the spending cap, which will be determined by the amount of money earned in television rights by the lowest-earning club in the Premier League.

If approved at June's AGM, the new model will replace the Profit and Sustainability Regulations presently used from the 2025-26 season onwards.

The league's current financial rules, which have seen Everton and Nottingham Forest penalised six and four points respectively this season, have been criticised for favouring clubs with the highest revenue.

The new model is being referred to as "anchoring".

More to follow'.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cpegd3dy8j7o
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.