Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 859419 times)

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3475 on: March 09, 2019, 07:44:51 PM »
I saw my first Albion Victory under Big Dave can't ask better, was going to go today but my dad was very busy listened to the game and we played awful. The atmosphere was toxic but Big Dave can hold his head high he changed us and united us back together too support our team that has been on a Downfall. Here come all the Albion fans on 606. Why sack him now if we got our form back we could have got up now what are going to do.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3476 on: March 09, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »
This is the correct decision.

He hasn't learned from his mistakes and Jones is as much, if not more to blame.

I love the man, but he hasn't made sensible decisions for most of the season. He has been tactically clueless.

Lots of fans calling for his head, now he's gone.

I just hope we get this appointment right. Please not allardyce.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3477 on: March 09, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »
Awful decision. The club could at least given him the chance to see if we'd go up via the play offs. We deserve all the national abuse we'll get for this.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3478 on: March 09, 2019, 07:45:29 PM »
Putting aside Darrens afiliation with the club does anybody think they could see progress and something being built this season - a vision ?  I think we got worse and worse and  I saw no plan except 20 passes across the back and turgid football.

What a lovely man, great player for us but I think history  will show it was a romantic decision and when it got tough Darren really struggled. He may admit the job came too early in his coaching career? It looked that way.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3479 on: March 09, 2019, 07:45:36 PM »
The mistake was appointing him, he’s just not a manager, really lovely bloke and club legend but never a manager and this season has just gone to show it. Decision had to be made, he has failed in the job ultimately, we should have been in the top two or at least in touch with them, instead we are clinging onto a play off place. The board have acted before it was too late.

You got what you wanted. Fair enough. We need to move on. Who do you want in now?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3480 on: March 09, 2019, 07:45:46 PM »
Got big Sam wrote all over the next appointment.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3481 on: March 09, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »
we are now a national laughing stock

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3482 on: March 09, 2019, 07:47:09 PM »
Putting aside Darrens afiliation with the club does anybody think they could see progress and something being built this season - a vision ? I think we got worse and worse and  I saw no plan except 20 passes across the back and turgid football.

What a lovely man, great player for us but I think history  will show it was a romantic decision and when it got tough Darren really struggled. He may admit the job came too early in his coaching career? It looked that way.

That's the thing.

Lovely bloke Darren Moore and I'll still think of him in a favourable light.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3483 on: March 09, 2019, 07:47:31 PM »
we are now a national laughing stock

scapegoat is the only way to describe this.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3484 on: March 09, 2019, 07:48:01 PM »
Jokanovic now I reckon

Two promotions playing good football at similar sized clubs to us

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3485 on: March 09, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »
Putting aside Darrens afiliation with the club does anybody think they could see progress and something being built this season - a vision ?  I think we got worse and worse and  I saw no plan except 20 passes across the back and turgid football.

You could well be right. He did a lot of good for us after what in my opinion was possibly the worst period in our history of the last 30 or so years. He inherited a disgrace and left us fourth in the league with a chance of promotion.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3486 on: March 09, 2019, 07:48:38 PM »
get a grip. the fans haven't got Moore sacked. not heard 1 anti Moore song at the ground just a few boos which happen at all football grounds. this is an owner worried his investment is going down the pan and no boost from promotion this year under the current management. rightly or wrongly it's his choice to stick or twist.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3487 on: March 09, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »
Looking at the bigger picture I want to thank Darren for all his hard work.

He has brought this club back together and really made us proud to be a baggie in a time when our club were only going one way.

All the best Big Dave.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3488 on: March 09, 2019, 07:49:08 PM »
Yep should listen to the Grilling we are being given on 606 Albion fan on now though and looks like more to come. Fan on 606 just suggested David Wagner to replace him.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3489 on: March 09, 2019, 07:49:28 PM »
This will only be a good decision if the replacement gets us up. If not then we’ve lost the chance to build a long term structure and future for the club.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3490 on: March 09, 2019, 07:49:47 PM »
Bet some are sitting with a right smirk aye.

I hope we finish 7th and lose harper on a free. Sell rodriguez/Dawson/Gibbs/hegazi/Phillips all for half a mill each

**** off Albion.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3491 on: March 09, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »
Looking at the bigger picture I want to thank Darren for all his hard work.

He has brought this club back together and really made us proud to be a baggie in a time when our club were only going one way.

All the best Big Dave.

Good post.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3492 on: March 09, 2019, 07:51:46 PM »
If you are a major investor in a club with investors behind you sentiment goes out the window. These guys obviously understand the financial implications for them. Regardless of tactics money is their main motivation. For those of us who witnessed the little and Buckley eras today was a throwback to that . I walked away from that ground fearing for our future .

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3493 on: March 09, 2019, 07:51:53 PM »
The mistake was appointing him, he’s just not a manager, really lovely bloke and club legend but never a manager and this season has just gone to show it. Decision had to be made, he has failed in the job ultimately, we should have been in the top two or at least in touch with them, instead we are clinging onto a play off place. The board have acted before it was too late.
And suddenly the same people are going to appoint a mastermind? At least Moore had the club at heart, the next one will just be another has been mercenary.
If it's Allardyce, we'll go from a Baggies legend to a doghead. Disgrace.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3494 on: March 09, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »
Right decision in my opinion but not nice to see a coach lose his job and especially an ex player. Good luck to Darren and I hope he gets back in game soon. As for new coach hope the board have identified some one and it's not just a knee jerk reaction

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3495 on: March 09, 2019, 07:52:23 PM »
At a party so only just catching up. I said he wouldn't last much longer, but a couple of hours is way sooner than I expected. Absolute disgrace from the club and Jenkins particularly. However, we need to move on quickly and for me that means Slavisa Jokanevic. Go and get him.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3496 on: March 09, 2019, 07:53:04 PM »
Bet some are sitting with a right smirk aye.

I hope we finish 7th and lose harper on a free. Sell rodriguez/Dawson/Gibbs/hegazi/Phillips all for half a mill each

**** off Albion.
Not at all happy with the "management's" decision. Be surprised if we hang on to Harper and co now.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3497 on: March 09, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »

I don't think anybody is "happy" tonight. It's no good having a go at the fans, it's not their fault. All of them want what is best for the club, just that people have differing opinions which is everybody's right.
Not having a go at anyone that's my opinion and I beg to differ there IS a lot of happy people tonight!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3498 on: March 09, 2019, 07:54:19 PM »
Sitting in the pub with my mates and got to say a bit shocked. All the best Darren and thanks for what you did

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3499 on: March 09, 2019, 07:54:42 PM »
You could well be right. He did a lot of good for us after what in my opinion was possibly the worst period in our history of the last 30 or so years. He inherited a disgrace and left us fourth in the league with a chance of promotion.

I agree 100% , he was the antidote to two or more 'soulless appointments and gave us our pride back last year.  I wanted his appointment and desperately wanted it to work. I'd have loved him to have been a long term appointment but his inexperience has meant we now face an even bigger , more difficult summer losing loads of players. That kind of rebuild job needs experience and a strong plan.....