Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854719 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3250 on: March 01, 2019, 11:12:56 PM »
Hands up. I was hoping that he could be our Massiah.
He is not.
Time that we changed (mid course), and hope we can come out of the Sargasso sea of tanglement and rubbish

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3251 on: March 01, 2019, 11:22:33 PM »
He’s not learning from his mistakes, he’s come out and said he put Tosin in at lb because of his physicality Leeds aren’t a physical team they don’t pump balls into the box they play it on the floor with quick 1-2’s I can tell you that without doing in depth analysis. To play the same midfield 3 that got utterly overrun by Sheffield United last week is criminal surprise fin surprise the same happened tonight. Genuinely this season for the so called best squad in the league how many games have we really outplayed the opposition? I honestly think it’s about 5 halves of games (QPR second half, Milwall, Villa away, 2nd half Leeds home game, 2nd half Sheffield United away) the rest has been a mixture of urine poor or just about scraping through.

The mans playing the best forward we have at the club as a winger ffs, his inept tactics are clear for all too see.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 11:24:08 PM by baggies_24 »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3252 on: March 01, 2019, 11:23:01 PM »
Is it time in the old music hall to say "Thank you, but good night"?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3253 on: March 01, 2019, 11:24:24 PM »
I simply want him to be honest in his assessment and admit he got the formation and tactics wrong. Unfortunately given that he provided similar comments after the Sheffield United game I don’t think he has the ability to change things.
Leeds coach held his hands up after we spanked them at our ground but Moore just utters the same old garbage after match learn from mistakes and move on. We'll fans won't to know do you understand faults in game and what are you going to do to rectify them

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3254 on: March 01, 2019, 11:27:19 PM »
Good for you so why not apply for Darren's job then you can see how easy it is  ;)

One day I'd love to be a league manager.

The thing is, bad managers don't always lose and good managers don't always win. But a good manager knows how to motivate the team, ensures they know what to do and has the ability to change things if they don't work. They learn from mistakes and are critical of themselves. Personally, I don't see any of this in DM. It isn't just tonight. It's been happening all season, but the wins have papered over the cracks and over the past few matches it has been highlighted.

If you look at our squad compared to others, we have numbers and we have PL and international experience throughout. That's why I believe we have the best squad.

You could see Leeds were hungry tonight. Their defender cheered when the ball went out for a goal kick towards the end. They wanted it, we weren't pumped at all. And they only played 3 days ago.

DM is very calm on the touchline and if he's like that before the match then the players will also be relaxed. It's a manager's job to motivate the team for battle.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3255 on: March 01, 2019, 11:31:12 PM »
One day I'd love to be a league manager.

The thing is, bad managers don't always lose and good managers don't always win. But a good manager knows how to motivate the team, ensures they know what to do and has the ability to change things if they don't work. They learn from mistakes and are critical of themselves. Personally, I don't see any of this in DM. It isn't just tonight. It's been happening all season, but the wins have papered over the cracks and over the past few matches it has been highlighted.

If you look at our squad compared to others, we have numbers and we have PL and international experience throughout. That's why I believe we have the best squad.

You could see Leeds were hungry tonight. Their defender cheered when the ball went out for a goal kick towards the end. They wanted it, we weren't pumped at all. And they only played 3 days ago.

DM is very calm on the touchline and if he's like that before the match then the players will also be relaxed. It's a manager's job to motivate the team for battle.
Mogadom plays a part.
We need a man who is there and WANTS to win. Kick the water bottles etc.
It won't do his heart any good, but we need motivation and desire.

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3256 on: March 01, 2019, 11:52:11 PM »
If I was the chairman I'd make DM aware/remind him that we need promotion this season and he needs to change things as the last month has been poor.

If we fail to arrest this slump over the next few weeks (barring poor luck), I'd offer him an opportunity to step down back to either a coach or an assistant manager role for the remainder of the season, with the intention that he'll have another crack of the whip in the future when he's had some more time to learn under an experienced manager. This method should also minimise any fallout from players if they all want him to stay. If he doesn't wish to do so then make him aware we'll have to consider his position.

I did say before he was appointed that if he becomes manager, i'd like to see a clause added in as to he can step back into his old should he want to so we don't lose a promising manager. I still think he's got it in him, we just need promotion THIS season and we can't afford to lose out. He either needs to learn FAST now, or learn at his own pace as an AM/coach and step back up when the time is right.

Hopefully he gets everyone back on side with some great performances over the remainder of this month. I firmly believe will be great manager for us at some point, whether its now or in 5 years, but the longer this poor run goes on and the longer he seems to be missing out on obvious tactical shortfalls, the more I worry now might not be the right time.

I think that would be a great idea, my only question, and I don’t have an answer myself, is who would step in?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3257 on: March 02, 2019, 12:00:09 AM »
I'd just get rid if it was me but Albion board are a different kettle of fish and owner has no interest in club so I'd say Darren s job is save even if we don't make play offs. Cloth will be cut accordingly in summer and he'll go again

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3258 on: March 02, 2019, 12:46:12 AM »
He ain't going anywhere and rightly so.

Any club who sacks a manager at this stage while still fighting for promotion will fail  and deserve to fail

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3259 on: March 02, 2019, 12:47:07 AM »
Still no hint of the players turning against him.

That is when the manager should go.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3260 on: March 02, 2019, 04:30:07 AM »
I am now going to uposet a lot.
Although as we know he came from Handswoth (on our borders), didn't he support the vile lot from Witton?

I am struggling to see the relevance of this comment to be honest. You are pretty desperate to have a pop at Darren if you are resorting to this. A bit like your comment regarding our board and the fact that Ronnie Allen funded the transfer of the late great Cyrille Regis. I imagine the majority of that board are no longer with us, and the situation is probably not unique. From memory something similar happened at the vile a few years ago. Linking the board of 1977 to today’s board makes no sense.
The facts are that we were done by a very good youthful team. Lessons will hopefully be learned in due course. It is clearly apparent that you do not like Darren (even though you voted for him) but there is no need for some of your comments when we are on the losing end. Some folk just want him to fail full stop, and for the life of me I do not know why.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:36:37 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3261 on: March 02, 2019, 06:03:08 AM »
Apparently we lost to Sheffield Utd because we were tired after only 4 days rest from previous game yet Leeds were rampant after only 3 days rest.
Early in the season we scored goals for fun with Gayle in the middle and 2 fast wingers.
We have not scored in the last 2 games and have not got Gayle in the middle or even one fast winger last night.
Why was Murphy on the bench and not used?At half time the game was lost if we did not score at least two goals so why did we not move Gayle and bring Murphy on?

Pelada

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3262 on: March 02, 2019, 06:21:31 AM »
I can understand why watching a midfield pairing of Barry and Livermore could indicate “tired performances” though.

We need more energy and pace in the midfield- one or the other (Barry
/Livermore at best )

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3263 on: March 02, 2019, 06:43:47 AM »
Out thought and clearly struggles to motivate the players on the big occasions. For a former defender he can't organise a backline or identify a poor keeper which we have I'm afraid. Throw that in with questionable substitutions and questionable timings of substitutions and it leads to one conclusion I'm afraid. I can't wait for this season to end I can't see us going up and I'd sack him in the summer when our place in the championship is confirmed. Who I'd get as a replacement I don't know. I'd be half tempted by Appleton. I wanted him in the summer. Knows the club and wouldn't want to try to be everybody's friend like DM.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3264 on: March 02, 2019, 07:06:46 AM »
Out thought and clearly struggles to motivate the players on the big occasions. For a former defender he can't organise a backline or identify a poor keeper which we have I'm afraid. Throw that in with questionable substitutions and questionable timings of substitutions and it leads to one conclusion I'm afraid. I can't wait for this season to end I can't see us going up and I'd sack him in the summer when our place in the championship is confirmed. Who I'd get as a replacement I don't know. I'd be half tempted by Appleton. I wanted him in the summer. Knows the club and wouldn't want to try to be everybody's friend like DM.

Appleton  :D you really think Appleton would do a better job then Darren Moore. Appleton. He can’t do anything in the lower leagues never mind with us in the championship
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 07:28:34 AM by wbarenno »

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3265 on: March 02, 2019, 07:09:15 AM »
We have a Pulis lite squad but with coaches with delusions of Guardiola - a bad combination which was brushed over with some flattering results and with an early season goal glut. The business end of the season is showing what we are - a muddled project for a lovable rookie who favoured defensive organisation last year but has completely changed, pushed (lead?) by Jones  who is a hungry idealistic coach beside and who thinks he is still coaching Belgium.

This all looks so inevitable now. If Darren had kept to his core principles of a well organised, strong team without the attempt at continental frills , I'm pretty sure he would have been more successful this season.

My prediction is we will limp into the play offs somehow but then fade out badly because we're just so open and lack ball player midfielders and pace.  Plus Moore / Jones have fallen into the trap of others in the past of playing Gayle out wide which doesn't work and nulifies one of our only goal threats these days.  Painful and frustrating .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 07:14:00 AM by darbolina »

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3266 on: March 02, 2019, 07:13:14 AM »
Appleton  :D you really think Appleton would do a better job then Darren Moore. Appleton. Ant do anything in the lower leagues never mind with us in the championship

Who would you suggest then? I wanted Dean Smith in the summer say what you want with Vila now they have a awful side now but he will get them going next year. With a decent squad at our disposal I think he would of been good for us this year.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3267 on: March 02, 2019, 07:23:10 AM »
Leeds coach held his hands up after we spanked them at our ground but Moore just utters the same old garbage after match learn from mistakes and move on. We'll fans won't to know do you understand faults in game and what are you going to do to rectify them
Totally agree. I never think it's right when managers blame individual players or make other excuses but I think sometimes they should hold their hands up and say I got it wrong. This is one thing that disappoints me about Big Dave as a manager. I would expect him to have the humility to admit when his tactics and selection aren't working.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3268 on: March 02, 2019, 07:42:32 AM »
Does he realise his selections and tactics don't suit our players? He keeps persisting with them?

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3269 on: March 02, 2019, 07:51:28 AM »
Finally, we are beginning to see sense after last night.

I have woke up and had to check the line up again as I’m sure  DM played a right footed centre half at left back. He hung Tosin out to dry last night.

No wingers our outlet when we had the ball and Gayle out wide again. Pathetic performance and 2-0 down at half time and makes NO changes at half time.

That performance by Darren Moore last night looked we hand picked somebody out of the crowd and asked them to pick the team and and tactics.

Utterly embarrassing.  We will limp into the play offs and lose to majority of them over 2 legs. Then require a manager who is passionate, wants to win, but has a football brain and looks to re-build the squad over 4/5 years.

Complete joke last night.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3270 on: March 02, 2019, 08:23:54 AM »
We have a Pulis lite squad but with coaches with delusions of Guardiola - a bad combination which was brushed over with some flattering results and with an early season goal glut. The business end of the season is showing what we are - a muddled project for a lovable rookie who favoured defensive organisation last year but has completely changed, pushed (lead?) by Jones  who is a hungry idealistic coach beside and who thinks he is still coaching Belgium.

This all looks so inevitable now. If Darren had kept to his core principles of a well organised, strong team without the attempt at continental frills , I'm pretty sure he would have been more successful this season.

My prediction is we will limp into the play offs somehow but then fade out badly because we're just so open and lack ball player midfielders and pace.  Plus Moore / Jones have fallen into the trap of others in the past of playing Gayle out wide which doesn't work and nulifies one of our only goal threats these days.  Painful and frustrating .

How do you know what his core principles are? (If they are to be well organised and strong that’s very simple and very Pulis like at its essence).

Hoping his beliefs are from the 7 successful games, rather than 40 not so is wishful thinking. As is blaming Jones. Looking for any excuse but to question DM as he’s such a nice guy.

Any suggestion of him stepping back to a coach is ridiculous too. That should not and thankfully will not happen. He may return to the club in a role one day, but it won’t be immediate.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:42:31 AM by johnny Cash »

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3271 on: March 02, 2019, 08:39:27 AM »
I think it was too soon for him to get the big job. Should have been an assistant for a while. He is so naive it's unbelievable.

I didn't fancy us to get promoted this season purely because I thought we'd lose more players at the start of the season. But we kept the likes of JRod, Phillips, Gibbs, Dawson and Hegazi who I was certain would be sold.

The players stayed so this squad together with the additions and kids is good enough for promotion. It's the tactics, defensive organisation, p*****g about with it at the back from Johnstone and the criminal use of Gayle out wide that's going to cost us promotion.

Whether it is or isn't Jones' influence Big Dave has had all the time in the world to see what the rest of us have seen all season and that these tactics have consistently cost us points.

That naivety is going to cost us promotion and then we have missed our best chance of getting back up.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3272 on: March 02, 2019, 08:48:12 AM »
I do wonder if we hadn’t had Harvey Barnes, whether DM would have made it this far

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3273 on: March 02, 2019, 09:02:39 AM »
If we fail to beat Ipswich at home then there really is no hope for the rest of the season.  It will be down to the Board whether they want to make a change within the 2 week international break which is the perfect time.  You are looking at a 2 month window to determine 3 promotion places.

At least with a change we would have some hope of a tactical plan.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3274 on: March 02, 2019, 09:17:43 AM »
I don't think he's in any danger of the sack. He's a long term project with a view to bringing through the kids whichever league we are in.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:56:43 AM by kris_boing »