Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 854752 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1350 on: September 05, 2018, 01:37:24 PM »
"Wayne Jacobs named assistant head coach as role at West Brom made official"

Completes his coaching staff no doubt

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/09/05/wayne-jacobs-named-assistant-head-coach-as-role-at-west-brom-made-official/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1351 on: September 14, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »
Shocking performance  whatever the opposition
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1352 on: September 14, 2018, 09:26:14 PM »
Well I am fed up with his pathetic continuance of sticking with the old guard, who have let us down continually. I have stated previously that I am not bothered about getting back to the Prem, I want to see us building a good young team for the future, and Darren Moore does not have either the will or the way.
He will have to be replaced, this is neither one thing or the other.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1353 on: September 14, 2018, 09:41:02 PM »
Rapidly losing faith with DM and i was a fan. When things are so obvious and you cannot see them as a manager its worrying.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1354 on: September 14, 2018, 09:43:00 PM »
"There's only one big dave" from the away end. Shows people who actually pay money have faith.

We are 5th. 7 games in.

We've lost 2 games!!!

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1355 on: September 14, 2018, 09:45:56 PM »
"There's only one big dave" from the away end. Shows people who actually pay money have faith.

We are 5th. 7 games in.

We've lost 2 games!!!

He’s so tactically naive though, Monk got his tactics spot on tonight, we were embarrassing.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1356 on: September 14, 2018, 09:46:39 PM »

We are 5th. 7 games in.

We've lost 2 games!!!

We're joint 8th with the other teams to play tomorrow, realistically we'll be about 11th come Sunday which isn't great.

One thing I've noticed about Moore is that he struggles to break down defensive teams; in the Premier League it was the opposite, but as the aggressor he lacks ideas.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1357 on: September 14, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »
Needs to learn that you’re allowed to change shape during a game. Also needs to learn that you don’t get points deductions for playing young players in league games. If not we need to make a change, his in game management is honestly no better that what you see during Sunday league.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1358 on: September 14, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »
Happy that Darren got the job but he's persistence with Brunt in the middle is beginning to urine me off

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1359 on: September 14, 2018, 09:53:40 PM »

We are 5th. 7 games in.

We've lost 2 games!!!
I pay money and do not believe. I don't care where we are in the league he is not giving the kids a chance despite abject performances from some of the seniors.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1360 on: September 14, 2018, 09:57:01 PM »
For me, tonight is proof that unfortunately, DM isn't up to the job

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1361 on: September 14, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »

We are 5th. 7 games in.

We've lost 2 games!!!
I pay money and do not believe. I don't care where we are in the league he is not giving the kids a chance despite abject performances from some of the seniors.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1362 on: September 14, 2018, 10:03:39 PM »

Shhhh. You're not allowed to say that here. Everything is awesome, remember?

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1363 on: September 14, 2018, 10:13:58 PM »

We take a point and move on but performances like that are simply not acceptable over the long term . There are major question marks over the coaching particularly defensively . The players look ill at ease passing the ball from the back and they should be asked to do the simple things first and foremost . Nice bloke but I fear for him when someone beats us heavily .

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1364 on: September 14, 2018, 10:15:17 PM »
too early to get the noose out but Moore needs to up his game and show he's a strong enough character to change players who aren't performing.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1365 on: September 14, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »
Give him time. Not the finished article. Needs time to learn on the job. Patience required. It's still September. Give him at least a year.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1366 on: September 14, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »
too early to get the noose out but Moore needs to up his game and show he's a strong enough character to change players who aren't performing.

Correct hopefully he gives Barry or field a go over brunt.

As I stated on after match thread my biggest concern is how he fails to really change anything with his subs. He doesn't change tactics or shape jsut the perssonel. Having said that since he's been here we have only lost 3 games. Squad still needs loads of work and his hands were tied all summer hopefully we can fix the isses come Jan.
O Albion we love you

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1367 on: September 14, 2018, 10:37:19 PM »
Disappointed in his reaction to the first half. Every Albion Fan could see at half time that  we needed a change at centre Mid and left back but once again he didnt react.

This is happening too often away from home and I fear it will cost us dearly come May.

You may be a legend but this reluctance to react is not good enough.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1368 on: September 14, 2018, 10:48:35 PM »
Absolutely awful.  He doesn’t have a clue.

I’d say Barry and Hoolahan are superior footballers to Brunt / Livermore.  If he doesn’t bomb them out soon then automatic promotion will be lost.  I’d rather see Burke deployed as a sub up front than HRK.  You can also make a case for Dawson being switched back to centre half instead of Bartley. 

I just don’t think Moore is intelligent enough in game mode.  Yes he has the qualifications but just isn’t sharp enough to alter things.  Monk is easily better tactically.

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1369 on: September 14, 2018, 10:49:49 PM »
Give him time. Not the finished article. Needs time to learn on the job. Patience required. It's still September. Give him at least a year.

In a perfect world yes, but can we really afford to do that?
We are in the short-term position of having a squad that is way ahead of the rest of the division in terms of class, and having financial resources to back us. This does not last very long, and we need a manager who is tactically astute enough to take advantage.

I am not advocating sacking Darren Moore now - would be way too early - but he does need to get his act together and demonstrate that he can do the job at the level required.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1370 on: September 14, 2018, 10:58:23 PM »
Absolutely awful.  He doesn’t have a clue.

I’d say Barry and Hoolahan are superior footballers to Brunt / Livermore.  If he doesn’t bomb them out soon then automatic promotion will be lost.  I’d rather see Burke deployed as a sub up front than HRK.  You can also make a case for Dawson being switched back to centre half instead of Bartley. 

I just don’t think Moore is intelligent enough in game mode.  Yes he has the qualifications but just isn’t sharp enough to alter things.  Monk is easily better tactically.
Burke is awful and who ever paid 15 mill ought to be ashamed! Darren Moore not intelligent? Dear oh dear

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1371 on: September 14, 2018, 11:09:49 PM »
Burke is awful and who ever paid 15 mill ought to be ashamed! Darren Moore not intelligent? Dear oh dear

Robson Kanu is not going to get any better at 30 years old and is limited.
I’d say Burke has potential and he needs to play to learn whether it’s here or on loan.
Are you happy then with the way Moore sets up the team and subs?  Monk would give his right arm for the quality WBA have.  He’s scrapping away with free transfers yet has completely bossed Moore tactically.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1372 on: September 14, 2018, 11:12:01 PM »
Robson Kanu is not going to get any better at 30 years old and is limited.
I’d say Burke has potential and he needs to play to learn whether it’s here or on loan.
Are you happy then with the way Moore sets up the team and subs?  Monk would give his right arm for the quality WBA have.  He’s scrapping away with free transfers yet has completely bossed Moore tactically.

He didn't though he just employed a half pitch press having his players sit off the back three until they gave it away. Hardly mind blowing stuff.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1373 on: September 14, 2018, 11:15:10 PM »
Awful, no skill, no speed, contributes nothing. Needs to be dropped. Just don't understand why DM keeps picking him. Bring back Rodriguez I say.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1374 on: September 14, 2018, 11:17:10 PM »

He didn't though he just employed a half pitch press having his players sit off the back three until they gave it away. Hardly mind blowing stuff.
I wouldn't want Monk as manager but tonight he did a number on Moore and created better chances with far inferior players. He's arguably got the worst team in the league yet for large parts he killed our attacks and created more than us. Had they had Gayle instead of Jukiewitz or even finished their penalty, we'd have lost the game.

You're right though - he didn't do mind-blowing stuff which is the worry. He just sat back and let us invite our own problems upon ourselves.