Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844348 times)

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #750 on: July 30, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »
We could do worse...
How about non-league Hayes in Essex?
We did get a player from them once.
Just remind me of his name, I just can't think....C.R. were his initials.

He was ok. ;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #751 on: July 30, 2018, 09:20:51 PM »
Different world back then. We were excited just by the signing of Cyrille without knowing a bloody thing about him.

Nowadays even football fans feel entitled.

Maybe we need to get the players back in the pub with us at the end of the match. That'd sort it....

:D
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #752 on: July 30, 2018, 10:18:04 PM »
Darren is rabbit in the headlights mk 2, being shafted from behind by management who went for the no risk option.
No assistant manager, no strikers, defenders leaving.
 I fear the worst.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #753 on: July 31, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »
i think that the fact that Graeme whatsisname is coming shows that Darren has a strong position, the club could quite easily have gone over his head during the long interim period, but no Darren got the man he wanted
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #754 on: July 31, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »
i think that the fact that Graeme whatsisname is coming shows that Darren has a strong position, the club could quite easily have gone over his head during the long interim period, but no Darren got the man he wanted

Is/has he?

Genuinely not being facetious but I'd no idea it had been officially announced.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #755 on: July 31, 2018, 12:33:05 PM »
Is/has he?

Genuinely not being facetious but I'd no idea it had been officially announced.

Apparently starts working Thursdaytag and will be on talksport later today ! Just re-read your qu, no not official !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #756 on: July 31, 2018, 12:36:07 PM »
Apparently starts working Thursdaytag and will be on talksport later today !

Nice one and cheers, just popped over to the 'other' thread and read this too.

I'm a bit behind breaking events at the mo' as I've been trudging through loads of other peoples used online pre season nappies this morning  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #757 on: August 01, 2018, 05:22:35 PM »
Darren Moore - "I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics."

I said it before he was appointed at how quickly Darren had given some identify, I don't think we should underestimate what an achievement that has been.

Irrespective of how this season transpires, I'm feeling excited and (on a basic level) I'm pleased that our club is less of a joke on and off the pitch thanks to Big Dave

Darren Moore = (West Bromwich) Albion Legend.

Cantello

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #758 on: August 01, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »
Darren is rabbit in the headlights mk 2, being shafted from behind by management who went for the no risk option.
 I fear the worst.

My view is opposite.  Funny world.  Loving the vibes coming out of the club.  It feels like we’ve got our club back.  Keep the faith!  I have a feeling Big Dave is going to do something special....

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #759 on: August 01, 2018, 05:50:42 PM »
Darren Moore - "I don’t like to say too much about this but I’m changing the culture around here and the first thing we have to do is recruit people with respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with. Everyone who steps into this place must show these characteristics."
This more or less confirms what many suspected that there was something very 'off' going on last season and my guess would be this references both playing and management level staff
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #760 on: August 01, 2018, 06:03:00 PM »
 I fear the worst.

The board went for the no option, option. DM made the job his by his results and his approach to the role. As for the no risk option - this is indeed a very risky appointment, one I suspect the board did not want to make, however, they would have looked even more foolish then they already are if they appointed someone else who failed

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #761 on: August 01, 2018, 06:08:43 PM »
Darren Moore got the job on his results at the end of the seaso. And forced the clubs hands. However since then he has bought in some younger hungry players, FINALLY a very astute assistant and he wants to play attractive football. His we not me mantra is really tapping into our history and getting people excited.

As you said after his results appointing somebody else who came in and hashed I think up people would be asking well what about Darren Moore. So it was a lose lose in that sense. But it could also be argued to be win win as whilst Moore is popular Andrew he seems to be building something nicely many don't expect him to do much. So if he fails it's a never mind whilst if he achieves we will be delighted.
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #762 on: August 02, 2018, 12:34:28 AM »
What a joy it is to have someone who loves the club at the helm, knowing that it means something to him. It's not just a stepping stone to a bigger job or another stop on the old boys roundabout, it's his club and his love of the fans and his humble driving it.

I was initially worried about his appointment in fear of his lack of experience but now with the perfect right-hand man, I think we've made the right decision in the end. I hope our fans give Big Dave at least a season to get going, he's got a lot to learn and not a lot of time to learn it in, but fingers crossed that Big Dave is our Eddie Howe/Shaun Dyche. I for one will back him to the end. As someone's said previously; Young players, humble attitude, caring for the fans - it feels like OUR club again

Imagine the feeling of having an Albion man leading us back to the Premier League.

Big Dave's barmy army!!

I agree and I was against his appointment initially. What I have seen of the transfer activity and what I saw against Coventry has got me fully onside.

There is the odd consenting voice (there always will be) but generally there is a real feel good factor at the club now and a real positivity hence the likely sell out for Saturdays curtain raiser.

Proper home kit, yellow and green back. Things looking great at the moment. Just get Mozza signed up for Saturday and nothing to moan at.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #763 on: August 02, 2018, 01:48:35 AM »
Darren's comments about changing the culture around the club is the single most interesting thing he has said since he took over.

To highlight

"respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with"

implies that wasn't the case under previous regimes.

That is a fine starting point and while it might preclude signing some of the more egotistical talents in the game it isn't of itself a rounded philosophy. Plainly there is more to it than that and actions speak louder than words so it will be fascinating to witness where Darren is heading with this.

I hope that he is given time and support by the everyone at the club and the fan base to follow through with the work that he has begun. We must not lose our collective nerve when the inevitable set backs happen.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #764 on: August 02, 2018, 08:03:52 AM »
There's no question that there's been a major transformation around the club since Darren Moore took control of the first team and he deserves massive credit.

While how non Albion fans perceive the club clearly isn't the be all and end all, there's no question that over the last few seasons any empathy from other supporters or the media has totally disappeared and hard to imagine any neutrals were disappointed to see us depart the Premiership, and there was that perception we were just making up the numbers, playing safety first football and really bringing nothing to the party (so to speak).

So wonderful to now have a genuinely respected figurehead at the helm and an opportunity to reinvent ourselves in many respects, on and off the pitch, regardless of our ultimate finishing place this season.

From a personal perspective, a united front off the pitch would, for me, be as much as a bonus as any success we may have on it.

As we all know, the Championship can be a real slog and inevitably we'll end up taking a few hits along the way, and with quite an upheaval in the squad we may not get off to the start we are all hoping for, but I just hope Darren Moore is given plenty of time to make his mark.

We all want the Albion to be successful as possible but I'm more than happy if Darren Moore is given as long as it takes, rather than going down the route of the short term fixes and managerial and coaching merry go round we've witnessed at the Albion over recent times, and at so many other clubs.

COYB!!  8)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:07:45 AM by Brummie Road »

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #765 on: August 03, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »
When asked at today's press conference if he's confident of keeping our best players, Darren said: "I can only speak for now. I’m happy they’re here, I’d like them to stay and continue the way they’re going. I always plan and prepare because they’re in the building and they’re available for selection for tomorrow. When next week comes, we’ll approach it when it comes. At this moment I’m delighted to have them in the building".

Additionally, when asked specifically about Dawson and Rondon, he said: "They’re still at West Brom. The speculation suggests we’ve got decisions to make".

Source: Birmingham Mail

It does sound like he's anticipating a departure or two so, if that is the case, let's hope he's got replacements lined up who can be brought in before the window closes. It would be bad for prized assets to leave and be replaced by loan signings.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #766 on: August 03, 2018, 04:34:41 PM »
I think at this stage he simply doesn't know. There will be all sorts of stuff going on behind the scenes with clubs / agents etc and there are always rumours abound.

Latest two I've heard are Gibbs agreeing terms with Torino and Burnley cooling their interest in Rodriguez. No idea if there's any substance behind either. Darren will know more than me obviously but I'm guessing even he is waiting and seeing.

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #767 on: August 04, 2018, 10:21:44 PM »
It is sad but I am glad we lost because it might be to or benefit.If we had fluked a 3 nil win it would have papered over the cracks till the transfer window has closed.
Three questions need answering.

1 why no striker on the subs bench?
2 why play Brunt and Livermore who basically provide no pace,little creativity and little goal threat?
3 very few players are match fit at this stage of the season why did we only make one substitution despite a very hot,tiring remperature and take 75 minutes before even doing this.
This is not just a football matter but a common sense requirement.
We desperately need a pacy,creative goal scoring midfielder and a clinical striker..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #768 on: August 04, 2018, 10:52:01 PM »
Absolute tripe from Moore.  He's had all summer to formulate a plan.  If he doesn't learn on the job then he's not going to be here come Autumn.  There really can be no excuses.  Today a large proportion of the fans saw what he couldn't.  We have to be ruthless otherwise the promotion dream is over.  And if that means certain players left out so be it.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #769 on: August 04, 2018, 10:55:58 PM »
It is sad but I am glad we lost because it might be to or benefit.If we had fluked a 3 nil win it would have papered over the cracks till the transfer window has closed.
Three questions need answering.

1 why no striker on the subs bench?
2 why play Brunt and Livermore who basically provide no pace,little creativity and little goal threat?
3 very few players are match fit at this stage of the season why did we only make one substitution despite a very hot,tiring remperature and take 75 minutes before even doing this.
This is not just a football matter but a common sense requirement.
We desperately need a pacy,creative goal scoring midfielder and a clinical striker..

I agree, we need more pace and creativity. But regarding your points:

1) We don't have any other strikers. Rondon is all but off. (As is Dawson apparently.) We literally have Kanu and Rodriguez for strikers.

2) Similar to point 1, we lack choice. However, I would argue that Brunt has, in the past, been a very valuable player with regards set pieces, and I'm sure he will be this season.

3) Totally agree. The subs should all have come around the 65-70 minute mark. For me, Burke should have replaced Kanu, Morrison should have replaced Livermore and Tosin should have replaced Nyom. Barnes looked fit and up for it. He also didn't look too happy at being taken off.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #770 on: August 04, 2018, 11:16:01 PM »
We need to get some of our bigger assets of the books. If we could sell Livermore it would give us some money and we wouldn't have to suffer him all season. Or if Rondon goes for cash or chadli etc.

All I know is the centre midfield pairing won't work in a 442 we may do ok in 4231. If Rondon is goimg why play both recognised (using term liberally for HRK) strikers Leaving us no option on the bench?

In a game that called for freshening the midfield why not bring on Morrison?

We played 4-2-3-1 all pre season and it seemed to work yet we revert to 442 and it failed spectacularly.

All these points fall to the manager. Unfortunately there are still quiet a few players who don't want to be here and we could do with shipping them out but it's not ad easy as that
O Albion we love you

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #771 on: August 04, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »
The long and short of it is there were 3 players stinking the place out on the pitch today and others off it who should be bombed out of the club ASAP . There is a lazy losing  mentality throughout the playing staff and the board of directors have a duty to back the coach who they appointed to  step forward this next week and sort it .

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #772 on: August 04, 2018, 11:44:12 PM »
The long and short of it is there were 3 players stinking the place out on the pitch today and others off it who should be bombed out of the club ASAP . There is a lazy losing  mentality throughout the playing staff and the board of directors have a duty to back the coach who they appointed to  step forward this next week and sort it .
Which three?

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #773 on: August 05, 2018, 12:04:01 AM »
Nice man in the wrong job!
Losing against one of the poorest sides in the division points to a long hard season ahead.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #774 on: August 05, 2018, 12:38:53 AM »
Love the bloke but sounded like a rabbit caught in the headlights in his post match interview. Said that the missing big three were still WBA but never said why they weren't playing whilst the bench looked pathetic ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !