Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844287 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #650 on: June 08, 2018, 09:34:23 AM »
Jenkins has already said there is a substantial budget and we don't have to sell. No reason to believe otherwise.
The only reason we haven't seen any business is because DM is on holiday, as are most of players. I predict, and I stand to be shot down, that by the time the window closes, we will be among the top spenders in the division.
We were hamstrung by FFP in the Prem but, the flex down in wages along with the exodus of some of the top earners, should mean we can spend, provided we keep the wage bill proportionate. Or have I got that wrong?

In addition, the players we are going to be in the market for now are not going to be the sort of players who are playing at the World Cup in any event so there is no mad rush because of it being a disjointed summer.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #651 on: June 08, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »
In addition, the players we are going to be in the market for now are not going to be the sort of players who are playing at the World Cup in any event so there is no mad rush because of it being a disjointed summer.

There are plenty of countries at the World Cup that could have players we may look at e.g. Portugal, Peru, Austria, Switzerland, Colombia, Russia, Sweden, Uruguay, Morrocco, Nigeria,Tunisia etc.Even squad players from some of the more fancied countries. Maybe we could unearth the kind of gem we used to?

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #652 on: June 08, 2018, 01:44:05 PM »
I assume there won't be any actual money changing hands until July 1st when the window officially opens but deals in and out can and should be progressed in the meantime. I think you're right that we'll be doing things very carefully and Mr Jenkins will be studying the goings on at Villa with interest.

No, the window actually opened on May 17th. We can buy and sell now.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #653 on: June 08, 2018, 01:54:55 PM »
No, the window actually opened on May 17th. We can buy and sell now.

Ah yes, but the fresh Bosman free transfer targets don't become available until July 1st......  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #654 on: June 08, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »
Ah yes, but the fresh Bosman free transfer targets don't become available until July 1st......  :-X .

Not true. We can negotiate with any player whose contract expires at the end of this month now.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #655 on: June 09, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »
Being linked with Bobby Reid and Romaine Sawyers got me thinking. Get these types of lads in a room with Darren Moore and I’m sure he’d be able to convince any one of them to sign for us. He’s that type of personality. Could be a big asset for transfers.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #656 on: June 21, 2018, 10:31:40 AM »
my only concern, does he have pulling power
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #657 on: June 21, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »
I think he'll have as much as anyone else in the Championship...maybe excepting Frank Lampard but it doesn't sound as though Derby will have much money to throw at things anyway. I read somewhere that  Bobby Reid was texting DM during the run of results at the end of last season, both Jamaican decent, not sure if any other connection. It sounds like the clubs are 2m - 3m apart in the fee for Reid which sounds familiar, so as usual it's likely to be valuations holding things up more than us struggling to get players to move to us.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #658 on: June 21, 2018, 11:10:55 AM »
I actually think he will have great pulling power. I think his attitude will win over a lot of potential signings when they meet him.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #659 on: June 21, 2018, 11:13:50 AM »
The club will have the pulling power mate. Favourites to go up, higher end wages etc.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #660 on: June 21, 2018, 12:01:13 PM »
The clubs status in this league will attract the player, big saves personality will convince them to sign.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #661 on: June 21, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »
The clubs status in this league will attract the player, big saves personality will convince them to sign.
Is that Foster you're talking about?

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #662 on: June 27, 2018, 10:24:08 PM »
Darren has to pull off the "miracle of miracle! if we are to finish the coming season still in the Championship.
He has the most difficult job to do than any other manager that i can remember.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #663 on: June 27, 2018, 10:53:57 PM »
It will end in tears. Darren is not experienced enough to deal with the present situation, and no-one with the necessary experience is going to come as Darrens assistant.Except maybe one,.........SGM, but under Jenkins no chance. The club appears to be in turmoil, and has no infrastructure. I think we can write of any hope of a speedy return to the Premier League.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #664 on: June 27, 2018, 11:20:10 PM »
Darren has to pull off the "miracle of miracle! if we are to finish the coming season still in the Championship.
He has the most difficult job to do than any other manager that i can remember.

Given our budget is in top 3 in the league there is no reason why a competent management team should not be building a squad to challenge in the top 3. That's par. He has already made big mistakes releasing Yacob & G-mac. Two soldiers who would have been invaluable in a 46 game season and respected by the rest of the squad.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #665 on: June 28, 2018, 07:36:46 AM »
Albion hero without doubt but i do worry its going to end in tears
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #666 on: June 28, 2018, 07:46:04 AM »
Albion hero without doubt but i do worry its going to end in tears
I don't care if it takes a few years of struggle to get the club stable again with players proud to wear our famous shirt. Moore will never be a failure in my eyes no matter how things pan out.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #667 on: June 28, 2018, 07:59:17 AM »
Looks like new we not me culture isn't spreading to the players anyway.

Get rid out anyone who doesnt want to be here and give Darren Moore our 100% backing to build a team full of players that he wants and embodies his attitude.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #668 on: June 28, 2018, 08:30:51 AM »
Appoint Darren Moore, they said. He'll unite the club, they said  :-X

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #669 on: June 28, 2018, 08:38:16 AM »
It doesn't look like Darren is getting much support from the players or those above him in what we all know is going to be a really tough job this season. Suspect it may be a rough ride & he's going to need all the support he can get from us, I just hope supporters stay strong & continue to believe in him.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #670 on: June 28, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
Appoint Darren Moore, they said. He'll unite the club, they said  :-X

Sold a few season tickets though hasn't it?

Cynically I wonder whether he's just being made another scapegoat. They knew there was to be little investment and they knew players want to leave. It's easy to pin the blame on a rookie manager.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #671 on: June 28, 2018, 09:41:23 AM »
I think people assigning this problem to DM are mistaken.  He'll have been allocated a wage budget and told that he can get much cheaper peripheral players than Yacob, McAuley and Myhill.  (Jenkins would have perceived that Field, Fitzwater and Palmer would be their direct low cost replacements.) Jenkins won't have any idea of how the group works and it's mentality, and won't care until something like this kicks up.

My guess would be that the Foster and Dawson issue is a consequence of other clubs talking to Terraneo about their availability.  One of the articles I read about Terraneo's side-lining said that he was overpricing our players and was intransigent regarding the pricing.  This would have got back to the agents and players and caused their reaction.  They refuse to travel on Monday and Terraneo is sidelined on Monday/Tuesday.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #672 on: June 28, 2018, 09:44:34 AM »
Sold a few season tickets though hasn't it?

Cynically I wonder whether he's just being made another scapegoat. They knew there was to be little investment and they knew players want to leave. It's easy to pin the blame on a rookie manager.

I don't think that's the case, but I do think there's been a change of plan, & I wonder if we're being readied for a sale.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #673 on: June 28, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »
I don't think that's the case, but I do think there's been a change of plan, & I wonder if we're being readied for a sale.

Depends how much of a loss Lai is willing to take. You would imagine he would want us back in the PL as soon as possible. We're only of any use to him in the PL, with the exposure and revenue that comes with it. As Championship also-rans he's looking at a massive loss.

The change of plan probably came shortly after the players in question realised their wages had halved.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #674 on: June 28, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »
The change of plan probably came shortly after the players in question realised their wages had halved.
It should hardly have been a surprise to them - it would always have been in their contracts.