Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 851279 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2018, 07:05:54 PM »
Likely that big Dave will win manager of the month also, add that to the recent wins and you start to question whether can really not offer him the job.

If we don’t offer him the job I guarantee another club will come knocking for him, he oozes professionalism and you can’t help but like him and feed off his positive attitude.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »
I think he's bringing my love back for the club after not caring (but deep down caring) after employing two managers that i couldn't stand.

I'm on board!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »
I’m behind him. He’s not going to have a style or a tactical philosophy yet but I’m sure Eddie Howe didn’t when he was thrown into the Bournemouth job at a young age. Will take him to develop that aspect. Will the fans/owners be patient enough for that?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2018, 07:52:48 PM »
he's won more  matches this season for us than Pulls & Pardew.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2018, 08:02:44 PM »
has to be given a chance in my opinion but what the hell was clueless doing in his time in charge, owner and board have alot to answer for with the worst appointment in Albions history >:(

SirTonyPulis

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »
Hes been very good for us so far. Its pretty common though that new managers tend to give a new manager bounce and Im not sure if we should stick with him. I feel like hes a bit too inexperienced.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2018, 08:24:41 PM »
Originally didn’t want him to get the job next season as I didn’t want him to spoil his reputation and legacy. Yet with each game that goes by and each result he gets I think it’s harder and harder to ignore.
At the moment I’m leaning towards Moore with an experienced no.2.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »
I think we should keep him, he's inexperienced but then RDM was our most comfortable promotion and he only had one season of league one football as experience. I don't see that Moore is particularly any more inexperienced having spent the last 6 or so years within various coaching positions. Unless we can get a particularly good manager like Marco Silva - extremely  unlikely, the likely candidates aren't really any more appealing.

Hopefully some of our more trustworthy senior pro's like Brunt and Foster have been consulted, but if they give his coaching the thumbs up, I don't see why we should rock the boat and change things up. He's a risk, but any appointment we make will be.

Obviously questions will remain over his tactical ability in his early stages, of the style of play he wants. I'm not sure he'll be espousing free flowing football philosophy and certainly he's not changed things up much on that front though we're certainly more organised, but if we can keep a good bunch of this team together - Foster, Hegazi, Dawson, Brunt, Livermore, Phillip and Rodriguez - the talent should make up for any potential shortcomings there, as indeed it did with RDM. We'll have a talented squad next season, half the job will be getting them motivated for the battle. Multiple promotions under his belt and undoubtedly a good motivator, Moore certainly has that in his locker.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:47:33 PM by Dan »

ripryan1971

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »
Before anyone gets over excited with Moore, and i love him just as much as anyone else, however, its far far different having the job perm that was he's doing now. Its literally no pressure because we are virtually down. When the going gets tough in the championship, can Moore get nasty?  If everyone says yes, then maybe deserves a chance. Because for me, you need that nasty streak in your locker at some stage.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2018, 08:50:22 PM »
It's time to announce he is our head coach for the championship , not lee johenson. Darren deserves a go. If only a few weeks previous eh.
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2018, 08:55:25 PM »
I don't think we should underestimate the part that James Shan & Neil Cutler have played in the last few weeks.

James Shan has a reputation for being tactically astute & a fine attention to detail.

If we are to make an appointment, it's the team we need to appoint, not just Darren Moore.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2018, 08:57:44 PM »
I don't think we should underestimate the part that James Shan & Neil Cutler have played in the last few weeks.

James Shan has a reputation for being tactically astute & a fine attention to detail.

If we are to make an appointment, it's the team we need to appoint, not just Darren Moore.

Spot on. Shan has done a lot in the academy and Seaver was this chance with the first team too.

My only concern now is if they aren’t given the job, will the players play up with the new head coach cause they want big Dave back?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2018, 09:00:09 PM »

Big fan of Shan , his Twitter account shows a lot of his training drills and methods .
He was mentioned a couple of years ago with the Notts County job , think he's gone as far as he can with the under 23's.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2018, 09:19:47 PM »
Before anyone gets over excited with Moore, and i love him just as much as anyone else, however, its far far different having the job perm that was he's doing now. Its literally no pressure because we are virtually down. When the going gets tough in the championship, can Moore get nasty?  If everyone says yes, then maybe deserves a chance. Because for me, you need that nasty streak in your locker at some stage.

I know what you're saying but I tend to disagree, with every respect. I think he's come in at a rubbish time when the team were showing zero confidence and direction. I think Moore's got what it takes.

I'm pretty sure Pardew did nasty. That worked.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2018, 12:53:11 AM »
For me it's quite emotional  that big Dave is doing so well and on the back of this I will be at the hawthorns against spurs supporting him ,  only the third attendance  this season, Bournemouth and our Cyrille  tribute along with Brighton away . Shocking considering 35 years a season ticket holder priori to the start of this season
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2018, 07:10:18 AM »
Dave Moore as head coach and Shan and Cutler as permanent assistant and GK coach in the new set up?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2018, 07:18:19 AM »
Dave Moore as head coach and Shan and Cutler as permanent assistant and GK coach in the new set up?
Would be a brave appointment , fresh and very interesting but a huge gamble which I can't see them taking.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: April 29, 2018, 09:01:50 AM »
After all this, you put his brother in 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #268 on: April 29, 2018, 09:24:11 AM »
If we do the same in the next two games as we have in the previous four then Darren Moore has to get the job. He has earned it. What more can he do?

My only reservation would be that the team we have now is going to be a totally different team next season. Different squad. Now is Darren Moore the man to rebuild a team and get promotion out of probably the most competitive league in Europe ? Also will he get the same reaction out of the new players coming in? Will they have the same respect for him as the players that know him now that will more then likely be gone next season ?

If we are looking at managers like mcinnes, potter and Appleton then go for Moore. If we want a young hungry coach go for Moore. I'd be more then happy with him. But that's my only worry above !

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: April 29, 2018, 11:48:19 AM »
The impression I get is that Shan is the brains behind the operation, Moore is a hell of a motivator mind you, I’d run through a brick wall for him.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »
Darren Moore should be named "Manager" of the Month

Can't think of anyone who deserves it more, but then again I admit to be being biased!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2018, 02:06:18 PM »
Darren has been fantastic as an interim and deserves a job in the new structure, and we are and should be grateful to him.  I thing longer term though we need more experience.  Particularly given we will be rebuilding our squad.  Still, it will bring a smile to my face if we appoint DM, and I will look forward to next season.  I just have this nagging doubt that after all the promising names on here have been discussed we finish up with another "Alan Irvine" moment.  In which case by October we will be begging DM to return from wherever he then is.

brettsf

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »
we will need a fast start to next season, assuming we're in the Championship, since the games come thick and fast. If we go for an 'experienced ' manager, there will inevitably be another stutter as he and the players get used to each other, whereas Big D will be hit the ground running with the bounce from this season.
We should remember that experience can be good and bad, and is merely one of the important considerations. Ron Atkinson oversaw one of our most exciting eras, and he came with little experience, none in the top flight.Darren will need some help, but it seems he's already getting it, and showing signs of becoming an excellent coach.
For me I think he has earned his chance, and he would appear to have the players on board, and certainly all the fans.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
Big Dave is apparently praying with the lads before games asking for them to be kept safe during the game etc.

Nice touch if true. Shows he cares. All these little things are helping the team bond and gets the players wanting to run through a brick wall for him.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »
Big Dave is apparently praying with the lads before games asking for them to be kept safe during the game etc.

Nice touch if true. Shows he cares. All these little things are helping the team bond and gets the players wanting to run through a brick wall for him.

Sometimes a person just needs the opportunity to prove themselves. Even if Big Dave loses the final two games, he still warrants serious consideration.

If the club doesn't appoint him, and things take a turn for the worse next season, we'll be eternally thinking what could have been had he been given the opportunity.