Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 363056 times)

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1650 on: July 08, 2019, 08:46:27 PM »
Fully expected him to join Burnley and wish him well, he always gave his all but wouldn't call him a huge loss if we use the money we have from this deal.
my only worry is how many players were on the plane to Spain this morning and have they got enough for a game of 5 a side.
I'm fully expecting quite a few signings in the next couple of weeks and only hope we have done our homework on them and not panic buys and fully expect us to have quite a few loan signing of which I am a fan as long as you have a clause in the contract saying non returnable in January.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1651 on: July 08, 2019, 08:56:39 PM »
We finished 4th with a squad that should have been promoted in march

Yep, this squad has for whatever reason underperformed for years, even in our relegation season they treated a break as a old boys outing. Not good enough.

I am not bothered about J Rod leaving, or Gayle and Barnes who were never ours anyway. I am gutted that our own produced kids keep getting taken.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1652 on: July 08, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »
totally agree, not many players I would lose any sleep over going.
Need some youth and legs in the team start a fresh.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1653 on: July 08, 2019, 10:02:24 PM »
No more concerned by this than I was by Dawson. Another bang average player on relatively big wages. Jay doesn't do enough to affect games aside from being mostly reliable from the spot and if we can find another penalty taker wont really be missed.
100%
I can count on one unicorn the amount of games he affected last season
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1654 on: July 09, 2019, 09:55:14 AM »
been a good player for us but £10m is a good deal at this stage of his career.

will always have respect for him as he was always professional and never refused to train/play or publicly say he wanted to go.

good luck Jay Rod !

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1655 on: July 09, 2019, 02:32:52 PM »
Officially gone

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/july/rodriguez-returns-to-burnley/

Jay Rodriguez has joined Burnley for an undisclosed fee.
The 29-year-old, who came through the Clarets’ youth system before signing for Southampton in 2012, departs having scored 33 goals in 90 appearances for Albion in two full seasons at The Hawthorns.
The Club wish Jay and his family all the very best for the future and thank him for his efforts during his time with us.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1656 on: July 09, 2019, 02:46:18 PM »
There's a reason Chris Wood can't get a regular starting place. Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole! Slow lumbering player with the mobility of an oil tanker.

i think you should give Wood a bit more respect. hes scored 20 premier league goals in 62 appearances which is a goal every 3.1 games.

A certain Salomon Rondon has scored 18 in 69 in his last 2 premiership seasons so a goal every 3.83 games.
And Jay Rodriguez in his last two premier league seasons has scored 12 in 61 league games which is a goal every 5.08 games.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1657 on: July 09, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »
i think you should give Wood a bit more respect. hes scored 20 premier league goals in 62 appearances which is a goal every 3.1 games.

A certain Salomon Rondon has scored 18 in 69 in his last 2 premiership seasons so a goal every 3.83 games.
And Jay Rodriguez in his last two premier league seasons has scored 12 in 61 league games which is a goal every 5.08 games.
I respect your view, but I'm entitled to mine. Wood isn't mobile enough. Both Rondon and Jay Rod are better all round players, and I'm not particularly a fan of Rondon. So why have Burnley brought in JayRod if they already have Wood and are not playing him?   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

reynirver

• Baby Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley
« Reply #1658 on: July 09, 2019, 04:06:56 PM »
Came in, did his best and now he leaves for a better opportunity at his home town club for a decent fee and without a fuss. Thanks and good luck Jay!

I do believe he was a good player but not one that will be perticulary hard to replace.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1659 on: July 09, 2019, 06:18:37 PM »
Never overly impressed but always did his best, and did not throw his toys out when we were relegated. Nice guy, good luck Jay.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1660 on: July 09, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »
I liked J Rod and wish him all the best. He's going back his beloved club, who would begrudge him that.

I just hope we are getting a rebuild from somewhere!!!

Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1661 on: July 09, 2019, 06:35:20 PM »
All the best Jay & hope you forfill all your boy hood dreams.

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1662 on: July 09, 2019, 07:54:40 PM »
Good luck Jay! Can’t complain you have acted like a total professional while at our club! Hope you settle in well.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1663 on: July 09, 2019, 08:29:22 PM »
Good luck jrod all the best, true gent

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1664 on: July 09, 2019, 08:35:30 PM »
Class act, as a man first and foremost. Not let us down on the pitch either.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1665 on: July 09, 2019, 08:36:30 PM »
Best wishes Jay, classy bloke, never kicked up a stink once. Got more value out of him than Brunt/Mozz etc combined. All the best.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1666 on: July 09, 2019, 09:05:03 PM »
Jay Rodriguez has bid a fond farewell to Albion supporters following his move to Premier League Burnley.

J-Rod, a popular figure at The Hawthorns and firm fans’ favourite, has left this heartfelt message to the Club’s supporters…

"I wanted to take the opportunity to say a big ‘thank you’ to everyone at Albion for helping me so much during my two years at the Club.

"The fans, my team-mates, the staff - I cannot speak highly enough of all the people who make the Club such a special place to be.

“I was desperate for us to get promoted last season and the disappointment of that narrow miss cut deeply.

"The Club did everything it could to persuade me to stay and this has not been an easy decision by any means.

“But at this stage in my career, I found the chance to play again in the Premier League at my hometown club too good to turn down and I hope everyone will respect that.

“I have nothing but best wishes for the club I leave behind. I’ll be backing you to succeed in a new era under Slaven Bilić and hope that I can be back at The Hawthorns at the first available opportunity for a Premier League fixture.

“Until then, a sincere 'thank you' all for your support. I will never forget it.”

Jay

That's a really nice gesture from Jay. What a nice, good bloke he is.

Good luck to him, nothing but respect for the man.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1667 on: July 09, 2019, 09:16:18 PM »
Best wishes Jay, classy bloke, never kicked up a stink once. Got more value out of him than Brunt/Mozz etc combined. All the best.
Two players who cost £4.5m combined and played nearly 700 matches have given us less value than Rodriguez. are you serious?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1668 on: July 09, 2019, 09:33:30 PM »
Two players who cost £4.5m combined and played nearly 700 matches have given us less value than Rodriguez. are you serious?

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he means the last 2 years, even then it isn't cut and dried.

If not, abysmal shout: one of the worst ever seen on here.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1669 on: July 10, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »
Yes I mean the last few years of course during J-Rods time here.

Mozza and Brunt were great servants but just time took its toll as happens to us all.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:05:45 PM by gazberg »

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1670 on: July 10, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »
I wasn't keen when we signed him - especially not for that price. It's a bit of a mixed bag overall - 22 goals last year, a couple of which against the Villa, but a lot of penalties. He seemed a bit lightweight at times, but kept working hard and scoring. And then there was the racism thing, which kind of tainted his time here, even if he wasn't guilty.