Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 773834 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #2975 on: July 11, 2018, 08:51:12 PM »
Going to extra time. We’re looking leggy now. Been a half of men vs boys.

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2976 on: July 11, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
England poor 2nd half

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2977 on: July 11, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »
We keep passing back, and Croatia have noticed and are now playing on it.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2978 on: July 11, 2018, 08:56:17 PM »
Really poor second half, let them get into the game when we should have been finishing them off. Hopefully we find something in extra time as I don’t fancy penalties

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2979 on: July 11, 2018, 09:29:11 PM »
Oh well the lads did well to get this far

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2980 on: July 11, 2018, 09:40:11 PM »
Croatia better team after the first half no complaints. Boys did us proud this tournament though.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2981 on: July 11, 2018, 09:47:15 PM »
We were awful from about the 35th minute. Kane anonymous. Croatia deservedly into the final. France will p*** it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:44:48 AM by Hull Baggie »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2982 on: July 11, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »
I've avoided posting in here because I never felt that our performances actually warranted all of the hype and hysteria, stoked up at every opportunity by the media, that we've been seeing. Tonight, our goal was the only shot we had on target and I can't recall Kane, Rashford or Vardy having a shot of any description. Although we looked in control at half-time, it was downhill all the way from there.

We got good results, but I thought we rarely looked very impressive in getting them. Mostly, I felt it was down to the opposition playing badly, although it's hard to say to what extent their ineptitude could be put down to the way we played. It was a good effort, but we ultimately didn't have the star quality to go all the way.

The positive is that the squad is young and will improve, so we should be more of a force in future years.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2983 on: July 11, 2018, 10:15:36 PM »
Are we allowed to suggest that our defence might be a bit susceptible now? Or do we still have to happy clap because we beat Panama?

Don't get me wrong, the boys have done well and it's been a good lift for the country.

However, we only played 2 good teams (one without their best player) and only beat one on penalties, and lost the other one.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2984 on: July 11, 2018, 10:20:24 PM »
Are we allowed to suggest that our defence might be a bit susceptible now? Or do we still have to happy clap because we beat Panama?

Don't get me wrong, the boys have done well and it's been a good lift for the country.

However, we only played 2 good teams (one without their best player) and only beat one on penalties, and lost the other one.

Agreed, we had a straight forward passage to the semis then we played someone half decent.

No creativity on the pitch again. Have been massively disappointed with Delli Alli during the tournament.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2985 on: July 11, 2018, 10:46:29 PM »
Seems to me England only look good when it's high tempo and everyone has energy. When players tire or the game slows down there's a lack of quality and composure. It's difficult to win a major competition in a high tempo style at the end of a long season....playing France would have been a step up again on Croatia.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2986 on: July 11, 2018, 10:47:48 PM »
We'd have beaten France on the break. Tonight we aren't good enough to get that far.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2987 on: July 11, 2018, 10:53:08 PM »
We relied too much on set pieces. Croatia impressed me as the game went on by staying composed and passing it around, then waiting for the right moment to pass forward. Alot of our players get over hyped by the Premier League.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2988 on: July 11, 2018, 10:53:59 PM »
it's been fun but this England team really shouldn't have got this far. passing and keeping possession is vital at this level but tonight we were very poor at both.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2989 on: July 11, 2018, 11:34:11 PM »
Can't believe the criticism on here,a young team,not experienced eneogh yet,its not their fault who they play,well done I for one feel proud.
Can't understand how Young and Sterling get into the team,did Deli Ali play tonight? He looked exhausted not fit shouldn't have played but hey ho,bring on the euros!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2990 on: July 11, 2018, 11:39:18 PM »
Can't believe the criticism on here,a young team,not experienced eneogh yet,its not their fault who they play,well done I for one feel proud.
Can't understand how Young and Sterling get into the team,did Deli Ali play tonight? He looked exhausted not fit shouldn't have played but hey ho,bring on the euros!

One of the best oxymorons I've seen on here. Well done mate.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2991 on: July 11, 2018, 11:50:42 PM »
An excellent tournament from England. Players and fans have been a credit to ye (speaking as an Irishman). Could have had it almost wrapped up at halftime but Croatia better in second and started exposing the defence. Having been comfortable in previous matches may not have benefitted on that front. Be proud and enjoy yourselves.

Trippier easily in my team of the tournament even without the goal. Probably have to have Kane in there too.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2992 on: July 12, 2018, 12:30:11 AM »
After our initial spell we began to lose the midfield and as soon as that happens you lose the game. South gate has done well but throughout the tournament his substations let him down. Game crying out for lotus cheek in cm to add some steel and despite 4 subs of which did very little to influence the game we still found ourselves being over run in midfield and eventually we lost. Wasn't going to be a game where pretty football won it was a game where the team with the biggest balls collectively would win- that's what happened.

Yes we have done well but in the game that counted the manger fouled up
O Albion we love you

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2993 on: July 12, 2018, 12:54:19 AM »
After our initial spell we began to lose the midfield and as soon as that happens you lose the game. South gate has done well but throughout the tournament his substations let him down. Game crying out for lotus cheek in cm to add some steel and despite 4 subs of which did very little to influence the game we still found ourselves being over run in midfield and eventually we lost. Wasn't going to be a game where pretty football won it was a game where the team with the biggest balls collectively would win- that's what happened.

Yes we have done well but in the game that counted the manger fouled up

Whilst I agree with your comments about their midfield controlled the game, that problem came from our wingbacks.

Young was out on his feet ages before he came off, trippier you could tell had been carrying a knock. Our fullbacks dropped too deep becoming a back 5, which in turn isolated our middle 3.

Personally we should have brought Rose on earlier, introduced either Alexander Arnold or popped Dier in the back 3 and moved Walker out wide. Then he needed to take Alli off for Loftus-Cheek. I genuinely forgot Dele was still on the pitch for large parts.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2994 on: July 12, 2018, 01:05:04 AM »
I've avoided posting in here because I never felt that our performances actually warranted all of the hype and hysteria, stoked up at every opportunity by the media, that we've been seeing. Tonight, our goal was the only shot we had on target and I can't recall Kane, Rashford or Vardy having a shot of any description. Although we looked in control at half-time, it was downhill all the way from there.

We got good results, but I thought we rarely looked very impressive in getting them. Mostly, I felt it was down to the opposition playing badly, although it's hard to say to what extent their ineptitude could be put down to the way we played. It was a good effort, but we ultimately didn't have the star quality to go all the way.

The positive is that the squad is young and will improve, so we should be more of a force in future years.
Future years? This was the new generation. We’ll never get an easier route again.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2995 on: July 12, 2018, 03:51:32 AM »
Whilst I agree with your comments about their midfield controlled the game, that problem came from our wingbacks.

Young was out on his feet ages before he came off, trippier you could tell had been carrying a knock. Our fullbacks dropped too deep becoming a back 5, which in turn isolated our middle 3.

Personally we should have brought Rose on earlier, introduced either Alexander Arnold or popped Dier in the back 3 and moved Walker out wide. Then he needed to take Alli off for Loftus-Cheek. I genuinely forgot Dele was still on the pitch for large parts.

Well I'm amazed young has played as much as he has. We have lacked width on the left the whole tournament. At least those changes may have had an effect on the game. Taking young off in extra time was too late. Southgate didn't really change his tactics only personnel left back for left back, striker for striker, holding midfielder for holding midfielder whilst their coach made proactive changes and switched shape and tactics. I think that was England's worst performance of the tournament

I reckon Kane was injured too been annoymous for the last few games
O Albion we love you

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2996 on: July 12, 2018, 06:06:27 AM »

One of the best oxymorons I've seen on here. Well done mate.

Cue dictionary :)

It was good while it lasted but we relied too much on set pieces as we know. The two Croatian goals were through hard work and pressing, something that was missing from our game. Kane has been quiet over the past two games as well which is a little odd. A lot of positives from the whole WC and we can hopefully build on the nucleus of younger players for the European Championships.

I can see France having problems with Croatia - they should still do it but I don't think it will be easy.
MAGA!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2997 on: July 12, 2018, 06:57:22 AM »
The writing was on the wall as soon as Kyle Walker did walkies with the ball in order to waste time.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2998 on: July 12, 2018, 07:24:47 AM »
In the nezt 4 years, we will have the euros, another world cup, and   this new nations league tournament ehich is replacing friendlies.

At this stage, this young England team have energy and talent in some areas, but with some key gaps in midfield. Here is to hoping the youth teams can provide us with the final missing ingredients. Sessegnon, Sancho, Foden, Maddison, Winks, Hudson-Odoi. If we can start ti develop these players, then winning something might be just around the corner.
Boing Boing

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2999 on: July 12, 2018, 07:55:22 AM »
There isn't too much wrong with the team (we reached the semi final after all, which is no mean achievement whatever the draw) we just need a bit more quality in certain areas. Ashley Young, Dele Alli, Jesse Lingard and Raheem Sterling ALL need to go. Young isn't a natural left back. Danny Rose is better and if we can get Luke Shaw back playing regular football if Mourinho hasn't completely broke him he's another to turn to. Lingard is OK and no problem with him making any squad but he's not as good as Oxlade-Chamberlain who if fit should start. Alli isn't good enough yet. I don't see what the fuss is about him for Spurs or England. A fully fit Lallana would've been ideal last night. International football suits him he keeps the ball and keeps midfield ticking over. We couldn't keep possession yesterday and that killed us. Harry Winks is a young lad who could do a similar type job. Sterling is a typical Premier League player that isn't what you need at international tournament level. He's Shaun Wright-Phillips mark 2. You need TECHNICAL ABILITY at international tournament level against the best teams and he doesn't have it.

Pickford

Walker       Stones         Maguire

Trippier                                                              Rose / Shaw

Henderson

Oxlade-Chamberlain            Lallana

????? (We need to find someone.

Kane

That team would've got us over the line last night I'm almost certain.

Southgate has done a great job so far but moving forward I hope he's not going to be one of those who keeps blind faith with players who are not up to it.