Author Topic: 20 Dec 2020 Albion 0 Aston Villa 3  (Read 83890 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #775 on: December 21, 2020, 11:14:19 PM »
The fitness isn’t where it should be and hasn’t been for some time now Gaz. I’m really not sure why we’ve looked so drained for so long? It was even more noticeable after the 3 month hiatus and in my view hasn’t really improved.
So in which matches this season do you think we have looked unfit?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #776 on: December 21, 2020, 11:18:33 PM »
The fitness isn’t where it should be and hasn’t been for some time now Gaz. I’m really not sure why we’ve looked so drained for so long? It was even more noticeable after the 3 month hiatus and in my view hasn’t really improved.

I'm baffled i really am Partisan. Maybe it was all just a bit comfortable.  I really don't know.

Haha. I don't agree that the workrate has been terrible since March. It's just a difference of opinion. No need for sarcasm or petty comments.  ;D

Sorry i was making a (rubbish) joke, i probably should i have put a smiley on the end.  Not being sarcy.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #777 on: December 21, 2020, 11:19:59 PM »
I'm baffled i really am Partisan. Maybe it was all just a bit comfortable.  I really don't know.

Sorry i was making a (rubbish) joke, i probably should i have put a smiley on the end.  Not being sarcy.
Apology accepted  :)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #778 on: December 21, 2020, 11:27:56 PM »
What do you put it down to Tim? If they can play like that for one game why didn't they manage it for the last 30+ games under Bilic and the first game under Allardyce?

Aerobic Vs anaerobic fitness. Much easier to maintain a steady pace for 90 minutes than making sprints and having the endurance to keep that going over a match.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #779 on: December 21, 2020, 11:49:10 PM »
Aerobic Vs anaerobic fitness. Much easier to maintain a steady pace for 90 minutes than making sprints and having the endurance to keep that going over a match.

Thanks Mark. So why is virtually every other team in the 2 top divisions able to outlast us and what can we do to improve it?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #780 on: December 26, 2020, 06:15:21 PM »
Gentlemen and Ladies.

Feel any better about that Villa result after Palace got the same result with a man extra?

I know some will say 'no, I only care about Albion results' which is fine, but it does seem to put a slightly better complexion on ours. Mind you I didn't see the match, did they have the referee onside again?
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #781 on: December 26, 2020, 06:17:53 PM »
Gentlemen and Ladies.

Feel any better about that Villa result after Palace got the same result with a man extra?

I know some will say 'no, I only care about Albion results' which is fine, but it does seem to put a slightly better complexion on ours. Mind you I didn't see the match, did they have the referee onside again?

Not really, played Palace on the break. Grealish excellent again. Won plenty of freekicks and converted from one of them.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #782 on: December 26, 2020, 07:09:45 PM »
They went down to 10 men and started to really fight, we went down to 10 men and gave up. SA has to change the players' mindset.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #783 on: December 26, 2020, 07:26:27 PM »
They went down to 10 men and started to really fight, we went down to 10 men and gave up. SA has to change the players' mindset.

Definitely an attitude/mindset issue to me. They were fine till the 2nd goal then collapsed. Unacceptable. Bilic tried to limp us over the line soon after last seasons restart and its confidence destroying. Very damaging to a players psyche.

Obviously in agreement we dont have the greatest squad but it can do more than it has done. Whether thats good enough now or too late who knows