Author Topic: 7 Nov 2015 Man Utd 2 Albion 0  (Read 40053 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2015, 10:26:47 AM »
I find it curious that the posters who think defensive football won't get results are the same guys who find it boring. (That's not a dig at you btw Albionic, you're one my my favourite posters on here  ;) )

Pulis, Allardyce, Moyes type managers have sustained periods in the top league because they put results over entertainment. Rogers and Sherwood had their sides playing a more entertaining style and they were the first managers to get the sack.

Then there's always the Mourinho-Wenger debate at the top of the league. Mourinho is willing to be cynical and direct and has trophies coming out of his ears. Wenger has always tried to 'play the right way' and went 10 years without winning a trophy. There's no right or wrong really is there. Some people prefer results while others prefer entertainment even without success.

A one dimensional defensive plan will not work,  You're right it can achieve success and I didn't phrase it correctly.
What I'm trying (and failing) to say is that the vast majority of football fans do not attend matches to admire and analyse defensive set-ups and purely personally I find it implausible that anyone can admire and advocate for performances where defensive errors cost you the game and applaud the tactics that were used to achieve such losses.
To me its akin to visiting a brothel and pulling yourself off. Why the hell would you?

I would also say that cynical and direct as Mourinhio, Allardyce etc have been, they have not been Ultra defensive, I do think TP is trying to improve this "style" but he is for whatever reasons not using all the tools at his disposal.
Moreover my BIG concern is that while we get results like this one TP will go back to tightening up the defence, working on system and shape and any slight improvement in style will be sacrificied (again).  its almost a self fulfilling prophecy, 

No offense taken BTW.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: streams
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2015, 10:38:21 AM »
I am having a lot of success with the Amazon fire stick loaded with Kodi. Saw the game on Saturday no problem.

Morning 99.
Please excuse my lack of IT and general tech' savvy.

Having had a quick search online have you just got the Fire Stick itself (with remote at approx' £35) which you plug straight into the TV, or the TV box too?

Also, do you have to pay for the Kodi app' and if so how much is it please?
Cheers in advance.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2015, 10:45:39 AM »
Kodi is a streaming platform that collates tv from all around the world. I am not tekky either so I got mine off e bay. Expect to pay about £50 for a Kodied fire stick. It is effectively a HDMI connected dongle that goes straight into the TV. You will need fast broadband, I had to upgrade to fibre optic.
You can download Kodi straight onto your computer but if you follow YouTube instructions you will see how difficult it can be, so it worth the extra £20 for someone else to do it!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:49:06 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2015, 10:56:08 AM »
Cheers for that Skyclad, I'll have a proper look into it later this week.
Much appreciated.
 8).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

fpvmtimbdbo

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2015, 07:35:56 PM »
Drivel,

A one dimensional defensive plan will not work, get your head around it, its flawed

0-0 against Everton
0-0 against Sunderland
0-0 against Liverpool
0-0 against Watford
0-0 against Southampton
1-0 against United
2-0 against Palace

All are occasions where a one dimensional plan has worked.

And it would have worked again on Saturday had it not been for a piece of individual brilliance.

you will be here saying how well we did EXCEPT for a mistake, reffing decision, piece of opposition inspiration or some other imperfection which will screw the plan up and we will lose, resolutely again.

Let me give you an example to illustrate my point:

Newcastle managed to keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford early on in the season and yet that was a far worse defensive display than the one Albion put out on Saturday.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2015, 08:01:08 PM »
0-0 against Everton
0-0 against Sunderland
0-0 against Liverpool
0-0 against Watford
0-0 against Southampton
1-0 against United
2-0 against Palace

And it would have worked again on Saturday had it not been for a piece of individual brilliance.

Let me give you an example to illustrate my point:

Newcastle managed to keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford early on in the season and yet that was a far worse defensive display than the one Albion put out on Saturday.

Absolutely 100% not an Albion fan and on a wind up from somewhere. Only have to look through their post history. Just ignore and hopefully they will get bored sometime soon.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »
Absolutely 100% not an Albion fan and on a wind up from somewhere. Only have to look through their post history. Just ignore and hopefully they will get bored sometime soon.

Probably right but he still raises some good points.
the regime don't like it man

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2015, 08:43:22 PM »
0-0 against Everton
0-0 against Sunderland
0-0 against Liverpool
0-0 against Watford
0-0 against Southampton
1-0 against United
2-0 against Palace

I'm really confused!  you go back as far as January (Everton at home) to find examples of where we got away with one dimensional football, I can real off a number of games in same period where we came unstuck !

Regarding the Newcastle / MUFC game you point to, would you seriously prefer taking a point from a poor defensive performance or try for a win and maybe still gain the point?

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2015, 11:05:06 PM »
0-0 against Everton
0-0 against Sunderland
0-0 against Liverpool
0-0 against Watford
0-0 against Southampton
1-0 against United
2-0 against Palace

You've convinced me, I'm beside myself with excitement. How much are those half-year season tickets again......