Author Topic: 29 Nov 2015 West Ham 1 Albion 1  (Read 55158 times)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

29 Nov 2015 West Ham 1 Albion 1
« on: October 26, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »
Wonder how much the robbing ba.tards will charge us this year, might go if it's under 40 quid but can't see it myself.

Would be great if the Albion subsidized it to 15 quid for our fans on Sunday, 2 oclock on sky and close to Christmas.

Should find out this week hopefully.

Anyone planning on doing this ? Night out in London on the Saturday I reckon.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

Re: West Ham tickets
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 04:29:41 PM »
I'd like to go as it is the last time we'll play at Upton Park but I fear they'll charge a king's ransom as per usual.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »
Last season at the Boleyn so wanted to go to this but I'm working that weekend.

Home tickets are between £45 and £65, so you're not going to get under £40!

http://www.whufc.com/Tickets/Match-Tickets/Home-Matches/Nov-29-West-Ham-United-v-West-Bromwich-Albion

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 05:14:38 PM »
Last season at the Boleyn so wanted to go to this but I'm working that weekend.

Home tickets are between £45 and £65, so you're not going to get under £40!

http://www.whufc.com/Tickets/Match-Tickets/Home-Matches/Nov-29-West-Ham-United-v-West-Bromwich-Albion

Pub it is then.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 05:17:41 PM »
Ours is a Category B game, and according to the Football Ground Guide we'll be £45 adults, £25 concessions.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 06:15:06 PM »
Apart from Chelsea this is the only ground I've not done in the Premier League and with it being the last time we'll play there I'll be making a rare away trip.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 11:31:32 PM »
Ours is a Category B game, and according to the Football Ground Guide we'll be £45 adults, £25 concessions.

I'm not slating you but why not make a point rather than state the obvious ?, just don't want to be hypocritical to people I have slated in the past.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 02:51:31 AM »
I'm not slating you but why not make a point rather than state the obvious ?, just don't want to be hypocritical to people I have slated in the past.

What the...? I have literally no idea what you're on about?!

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 05:10:58 AM »
What the...? I have literally no idea what you're on about?!

Yes we know how much they charged last year what do you think to it ? What's your opinion.

Like a Michael Owen mark two  :D.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 05:50:32 AM »
Yes we know how much they charged last year what do you think to it ? What's your opinion.

Like a Michael Owen mark two  :D.

For christ's sake, you asked what the ticket prices were and I found them out. What's your problem...?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 05:56:32 AM »
September 11th 2002 I went there and back for £1 (free coaches and kids for a quid). 16 at the time.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:49:33 AM by BB74 »

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 09:10:45 AM »
September 11th 2002 I wen there ans back for £1 (freee coaches and kids for a quid).

One of my favourite away games - Jason Roberts winner from a Ronnie Wallwork through-ball, Paolo Di Canio losing his rag when Albion fans were chanting at him when he took a corner, a West Ham fan losing his rag sat by the Albion fans when everyone was chanting at his missus!

We weren't very good then, but still remain my favourite days as an Albion fan!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 09:19:55 AM »
Its the only London ground i aint done and because of bloody TV i will never visit Upton Park
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 11:25:19 AM »
Paid £1 last year and chanced it. Wouldn't have paid the difference on the gate.

Luckily won't be in the country this time round. Look forward to visiting the new ground though, went for the olympics and be good to see how it's changed.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »
One of my favourite away games - Jason Roberts winner from a Ronnie Wallwork through-ball, Paolo Di Canio losing his rag when Albion fans were chanting at him when he took a corner, a West Ham fan losing his rag sat by the Albion fans when everyone was chanting at his missus!

We weren't very good then, but still remain my favourite days as an Albion fan!

Yes, great away game. Loved every minute of it. Always remember going in an off licence and fans were just helping themselves to cans of the shelves. The shop keeper gave up and pulled the shutters down.

jamesuk1994

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 09:01:28 AM »
45 an adult ticket.
Ridiculous!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »
With how much publicity the ticket prices are getting lately and all talk about empty away ends, surely this would be a fantastic opportunity for a mass boycott. Live on sky, away end visible on TV, I'm sure pretty much every fan in England including West Ham fans too.

Once one team does it I'm sure a lot will follow, we need to take a stand somewhere and if people are buying tickets how do we expect prices to go down it doesn't make business sense.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 11:22:45 AM »
With how much publicity the ticket prices are getting lately and all talk about empty away ends, surely this would be a fantastic opportunity for a mass boycott. Live on sky, away end visible on TV, I'm sure pretty much every fan in England including West Ham fans too.

Once one team does it I'm sure a lot will follow, we need to take a stand somewhere and if people are buying tickets how do we expect prices to go down it doesn't make business sense.

It's a pointless exercise to be honest, firstly because you will never ever get a complete mass boycott organised, the hardcore will go regardless whether tickets are £20 or £200.

Also clubs will not be impacted by a lack of ticket revenue as the money from gates contributes a tiny fraction of income. You could buy a season ticket at £400 for the next 50 years and the money generated would only pay about two thirds of Victor Anichebe's weekly wage - extremely depressing but that's what little impact our money has on the club.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 11:27:22 AM »

Agree with your sentiment but it has the capability of backfiring on us. Everyone will just assume that we couldnt be bothered to go because it is on TV and we will be classed as 'fickle'.

However much the ticket prices are, there will always be a market. You hear horror stories of how much ST's are at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, but there is a 5 year waiting list......
MAGA!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 06:59:04 PM »
I think it would 100% be noticed, but if people are paying it how can they moan about it. Bayern Munich fans only missed 5 mins and that made the second story on the news at 10. There are plenty of fans groups about these days who would definitely raise the awareness of what we were doing too

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »
45 is just to much for what is at the end of the day just a game of football.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015, 08:56:53 PM »
45 is just to much for what is at the end of the day just a game of football.

Its not even that these days with pulis ball. Although norwich was a bit better.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

29 Nov 2015 West Ham 1 Albion 1
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
West Ham United v West Bromwich Albion

Sunday 29th November 20105 14.05pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 01:01:54 PM »

Sunday 29th November 2015 14.05pm

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 01:02:15 PM »

Sunday 29th November 2015 14.05pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.