Poll

Did the referee get it wrong with challenge on Macca?

Yes
22 (52.4%)
No
20 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: 12 Sept 2015 Albion 0 Southampton 0  (Read 68766 times)

wbako

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2015, 04:58:23 PM »
Dire.

Berahino straight off the pitch at the end, almost overtook Rondon to the tunnel who had a thirty yard head start. Doesn't deserve any of the applause he got today.

The less said about that performance the better except a point against saints isn't bad. It's going to be a long, boring season.

I'm struggling to comprehend why he was clapped onto the pitch? It's actually laughable. Don't boo him (it's juvenile), just ignore him like the spoilt **** he is.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2015, 04:59:39 PM »
Game their for the taking. We never showed any interest in capitalising on openings and chances and i realised the ambition of the team when we got a free kick with 30 seconds to go and Myhill sauntered over while 9 outfield players were in our half. That's unacceptable.

Positives - Rondon works his end off for the team, Macca is really really good, clean sheet, point, Evans looked very good.

Negatives - Didn't go for a win at home against a team who are more than beatable, Lambert was terrible and looked unfit, McLean rather than Ganbry? Passing was dire and if we were more sharp we would have exploited them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

jsam

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2015, 05:00:39 PM »
Perhaps I'm easier pleased than most, but I didn't think we were that bad.

Positives are another clean sheet and a point against against a decent side. Rondon ran his socks off and at least Berahino got  kick. Yacob did what he does well. Good squad depth.
Remember the past - learn from it

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2015, 05:01:09 PM »
Game their for the taking. We never showed any interest in capitalising on openings and chances and i realised the ambition of the team when we got a free kick with 30 seconds to go and Myhill sauntered over while 9 outfield players were in our half. That's unacceptable.

Positives - Rondon works his end off for the team, Macca is really really good, clean sheet, point, Evans looked very good.

Negatives - Didn't go for a win at home against a team who are more than beatable, Lambert was terrible and looked unfit, McLean rather than Ganbry? Passing was dire and if we were more sharp we would have exploited them.
In a nutshell. No desire at all.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »
Took McManaman off, poor decision by Pulis.
McClean and Gardner have created nothing as a winger.

Give the players a passing training, they misplaced the ball regardless short or long pass.
The PRIDE of midlands

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2015, 05:02:16 PM »
In a nutshell. No desire at all.

The worst thing is that negatives section could be much bigger.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2015, 05:02:44 PM »
I applaud anyone spending money to watch us play this season. I'd get more entertainment by spending £40 on Dulux and watching it dry against the wall.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »
We look so much better in the formation we utilised against Chelsea. Not sure why he's persisting with two strikers, apart from maybe because we're at home. Drop Lambert put Morrison in, and swap Gardner with anyone and we'll look much better.

Evans had a solid Debut and I thought Rondon did ok despite his obvious fatigue, he really worked hard for the team. Mcmanaman was very direct and threatening, theatrical dive but I still thought it was a pen, our only really attacking threat. Berahino looked decent when he was introduced, I'm afraid we need him desperately at the moment.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2015, 05:04:05 PM »
35% possession at home with one shot on target can be summed up in one word.
pathetic.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
Got my brother over to watch it, trying to sell football to him as a sport as he's not really into it.

What a horrible experience..... I'm actually embarrassed.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2015, 05:05:26 PM »
Feel very flat as an Albion fan, if I was a neutral god you want the baggies relegated....

SB ran if the pitch muttering away and looking drunk off.......he doesn't get it

ahandpatsy

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2015, 05:05:47 PM »
Glad I gave up my season ticket.

Anybody that expects anything different under this dinosaur is deluded

How long before this becomes unacceptable

Are we that desperate ???

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2015, 05:07:49 PM »
I'm struggling to comprehend why he was clapped onto the pitch? It's actually laughable. Don't boo him (it's juvenile), just ignore him like the spoilt **** he is.

Because some people think he gives two f*cks about this club and he's misunderstood. Rondon had two and a half games and 15,000 miles behind him before SB came on and still ran his backside off more. He couldn't wait to get off the pitch at the end.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2015, 05:07:51 PM »
Somebody show Pulis these stats.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-stats/341235/west-bromwich-albion-v-southampton
Useless at creating anything.

Pulis doesn't care. At all.

Pulis loves to destroy football, creating is anathema to him. He is happy with the 0-0 and that's it.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2015, 05:09:03 PM »
Same old story  -  no attacking ability from midfield whatsoever. Not a single midfield player understands how to make the runs beyond the strikers, and none can put a striker through with a decent pass.

Same old story again -penalty refused that every other team in the prem would have been given  - includng the diving cheats and the rollers in agony who then run their rocks off and take free kicks. A goal at that point could have been a complete game changer. Would probably have missed it though!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2015, 05:09:34 PM »
Got my brother over to watch it, trying to sell football to him as a sport as he's not really into it.

What a horrible experience..... I'm actually embarrassed.

Um, what a poor decision! Maybe show him Man U v Liverpool now and hope that they can redeem football?!

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »
Same old story  -  no attacking ability from midfield whatsoever. Not a single midfield player understands how to make the runs beyond the strikers, and none can put a striker through with a decent pass.

Same old story again -penalty refused that every other team in the prem would have been given  - includng the diving cheats and the rollers in agony who then run their rocks off and take free kicks. A goal at that point could have been a complete game changer. Would probably have missed it though!

Lambert was on the pitch.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2015, 05:14:12 PM »
Do our midfield use zimmer frames?
They are that slow in thought and action, even a tortoise with dementia could out run and out think them.
The hoof ball from the back is like an old blunderbuss ...could go anywhere and usually does.
Pass and run, run and pass.
Our players don't like work though.

Edit...spelling mistake.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2015, 05:14:50 PM »
Lambert was on the pitch.
Yes but could he have walked the 12 yards to the ball?

wabooz

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2015, 05:15:24 PM »
Poor going forward today but good defensively, all along it's been stated we'll be getting the back sorted out and building from there so not too bothered.

Decent point, not great but willing to be patient and give the team time. We're definitely not worse than under Irvine - we haven't been good for years so I'll take the slow rebuild. Evans & Rondon great today.

And because I can't resist, glad I'm not any of you lot slitting my wrists and knee-jerking so hard the PC screens rocketing up into the attic. Chin up doom mongers enjoy your saturday night.

If the season goes by and we show no improvement I'll hold my hands up - but I'll still be glad we managed a full season of stability and I'll hope for further improvements in the next transfer window.

Right back to your salty tears lads

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2015, 05:16:45 PM »
I hate the fact pullis has turned my football day into now just checking the result.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »
Poor going forward today but good defensively, all along it's been stated we'll be getting the back sorted out and building from there so not too bothered.

Decent point, not great but willing to be patient and give the team time. We're definitely not worse than under Irvine - we haven't been good for years so I'll take the slow rebuild. Evans & Rondon great today.

And because I can't resist, glad I'm not any of you lot slitting my wrists and knee-jerking so hard the PC screens rocketing up into the attic. Chin up doom mongers enjoy your saturday night.

If the season goes by and we show no improvement I'll hold my hands up - but I'll still be glad we managed a full season of stability and I'll hope for further improvements in the next transfer window.

Right back to your salty tears lads

While I agree with your sentiments, I can't agree that Rondon was "great". He looked tired and off the space despite putting in a big effort. Evans does look a better season long prospect than Lescott though.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2015, 05:19:18 PM »
Who has been mixing mogadon in the teams' food?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2015, 05:21:52 PM »
Solid point that Pulis will be happy with. Blatant penalty not given.  Berahino return out the way.

Job done today.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »
Defensively good , solid and snuffed out a decent attacking side.
Attacking wise poor especially 2nd half when our best attacking threat Macca was bizarrely taken off for Mclean. Lumping it forward ( not all the time today ) and trying to win games with one or two chances simply isn't good enough Tony , awful to watch and this 4 4 1 1 isn't helping.
Not that the players didn't work hard enough , its just dross to watch and im behind Pulis at the moment.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.