Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 230259 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #1025 on: September 17, 2022, 01:03:22 AM »
I'm sorry to say this, but you lost any objectivity when it comes to Bartley a long time ago, baggie82.

In '82s defence it might be worth a look at page one of this thread to get his Leeds supporting mate's view of Bartley and his own subsequent feelings thereafter.

Meanwhile given his misgivings I'd love to know what's happened to Bartley's game over the last four seasons to make him our best centre back too (that particular pearler comes a few pages back  ;D ).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1026 on: September 17, 2022, 10:15:12 AM »
In '82s defence it might be worth a look at page one of this thread to get his Leeds supporting mate's view of Bartley and his own subsequent feelings thereafter.

Meanwhile given his misgivings I'd love to know what's happened to Bartley's game over the last four seasons to make him our best centre back too (that particular pearler comes a few pages back  ;D ).

I suggest that the Leeds supporting friend is a pretty good judge of a footballer.

I shudder at the thought of how many goals Bartley has cost us in his 150 games with us.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1027 on: October 22, 2022, 07:00:04 PM »
Just take a moment to look at the two last games this guy has played in if you want to know just how far we have fallen.

A defender so out of time in the modern game it’s staggering. All he can do is head the ball and even then you’ve no idea where it will go.

Absolute garbage.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1028 on: October 22, 2022, 07:08:39 PM »
The amount he points in general I wouldn't be surprised if he accidentally pointed to his hamstring.

Took my mate to the Blues game and in the first half he commented "is Bartley just pointing to say 'look where I shanked my header to'.

The sad thing is I think his pointing/shouting is seen as good organisation and that has meant his continued selection way beyond when it should've been stopped. He was a liability in the Bilic promotion season.

And the season before under Big Dave

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1029 on: October 22, 2022, 07:50:15 PM »
The amount he points in general I wouldn't be surprised if he accidentally pointed to his hamstring.

Took my mate to the Blues game and in the first half he commented "is Bartley just pointing to say 'look where I shanked my header to'.

The sad thing is I think his pointing/shouting is seen as good organisation and that has meant his continued selection way beyond when it should've been stopped. He was a liability in the Bilic promotion season.
He’s pointing to the noise, he clearly can’t see 😎
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1030 on: October 22, 2022, 07:51:23 PM »
Just take a moment to look at the two last games this guy has played in if you want to know just how far we have fallen.

A defender so out of time in the modern game it’s staggering. All he can do is head the ball and even then you’ve no idea where it will go.

Absolute garbage.

His second yellow was as soft as anything. Afoebe threw himself to the floor and the referee was very obliging. All that after their centre back Hutchinson had elbowed Bartley in the first half and he was playing on with a nasty cut and closed eye, like a boxer.

He was our best player today, won everything in the air, was calm on the ball and closed down the opposition well. He is also the best centre back at the club by some distance - yet there is a section of fans that have decided to hate him and are just irrational regardless if he plays well or poorly.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1031 on: October 22, 2022, 08:12:58 PM »
His second yellow was as soft as anything. Afoebe threw himself to the floor and the referee was very obliging. All that after their centre back Hutchinson had elbowed Bartley in the first half and he was playing on with a nasty cut and closed eye, like a boxer.

He was our best player today, won everything in the air, was calm on the ball and closed down the opposition well. He is also the best centre back at the club by some distance - yet there is a section of fans that have decided to hate him and are just irrational regardless if he plays well or poorly.

Why is criticism always seen as hate?

I don't rate the bloke, I certainly don't hate him though and if you think he is the best centre half at the club thats fine, all about opinions.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1032 on: October 22, 2022, 08:18:04 PM »

I don't rate the bloke, I certainly don't hate him though and if you think he is the best centre half at the club thats fine, all about opinions.

Criticism for sub-par performances is fine.

Bartley played well today and yet I see posts referring to him as absolute garbage and along with demands that his contract is terminated - so let's not pretend there isn't an undercurrent of loathing that isn't reflective of his actual performance.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1033 on: October 22, 2022, 08:20:11 PM »
Criticism for sub-par performances is fine.

Bartley played well today and yet I see posts referring to him as absolute garbage and along with demands that his contract is terminated - so let's not pretend there isn't an undercurrent of loathing that isn't reflective of his actual performance.

Again, how is that hate? Maybe you are the one reading too much into it.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1034 on: October 22, 2022, 08:27:26 PM »
Again, how is that hate? Maybe you are the one reading too much into it.

It is difficult to generalise - of course we have fans who don't rate Bartley who aren't irrational about it and fair enough to them, but we also have a few that give him pelters even when he plays well and try to lump him into the into Zohore zone that he is is devil reincarnated. I was impressed with both him and Pieters today.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1035 on: October 22, 2022, 08:34:35 PM »

The criticism on this forum is mostly measured, thanks to you & the mods, however, the comments on social media are really hatefull, almost scary.
I'm not sure I'd want to be part of West Bromwich Albion FC right now.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1036 on: October 22, 2022, 08:35:27 PM »
Bartley summed up:

Facing towards the Millwall goal he has a free header and heads it where?  .... oh naturally, out for a corner

He then has a header at goal and heads it with his eye re-opening a cut.

He then gets sent off for pulling the striker down because he got too close to him.

Baggie22 whatever you are drinking can you let me know please? I could do with hallucinations to get me through the rest of the week.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1037 on: October 22, 2022, 08:43:52 PM »
Bartley summed up:

Facing towards the Millwall goal he has a free header and heads it where?  .... oh naturally, out for a corner

He then has a header at goal and heads it with his eye re-opening a cut.

He then gets sent off for pulling the striker down because he got too close to him.

Baggie22 whatever you are drinking can you let me know please? I could do with hallucinations to get me through the rest of the week.

:D Bartley was a soldier today - yes he shanked a couple of headers from the countless number of times he won the ball.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1038 on: October 22, 2022, 08:55:03 PM »
He was man of the match up to the point when he was sent off. He took a nasty elbow above the eye in an incident which of course was ignored by the useless referee. It was a stand out performance for good reasons until he undid it all.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1039 on: October 22, 2022, 09:23:49 PM »
So once again his error , ie getting sent off , cost us . A recurring theme over his far too many seasons here .

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1040 on: October 22, 2022, 09:25:59 PM »
So once again his error , ie getting sent off , cost us . A recurring theme over his far too many seasons here .

You have to blame the keeper for their winner - I'm still struggling to believe he let that shot in.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1041 on: October 22, 2022, 10:25:41 PM »

I'm not a huge Bartley fan (he's often error prone) but he was hard done by today by an incompetent referee. First half he gets elbowed in the face with no recourse, second half he gets sent off for nothing. The refs the past two games have been woeful.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1042 on: October 22, 2022, 10:41:54 PM »
It's only fair I give Bartley some credit as I am one of his main detractors. I thought he was pretty solid today until his sending off.

That said, his stupidity cost us again.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1043 on: October 22, 2022, 10:43:11 PM »
Actually thought he was one of the best performers today. Won everything in the air like he usually does, but then calamity Kyle shows his true colours and picks up a pointless red card ultimately costing us the game.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1044 on: October 24, 2022, 02:29:04 PM »
Having a good performance is no bloody use if you're going to get yourself sent off when we needed him most.

I'm just surprised there was not more arm waving when given his marching orders. Surprised he didn't blame the bloke next to him either.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1045 on: October 24, 2022, 02:39:40 PM »
4 out of 10 in the Express & Star. Generous I thought.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1046 on: October 24, 2022, 02:54:17 PM »
I didn't see the game so I can't comment on his performance. The issue though is that there is ALWAYS a problem. He can play well but then get sent off, score own goals, misjudge the flight of the ball, pass to the opposition. It's happened over and over and over and it was a soft sending off but he's on a yellow and Afobe shows his experience and Bartley shows his level.

Ajayi improved under  Bruce but is often similar.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1047 on: October 24, 2022, 03:00:50 PM »
Bartley was fairly solid but his foul on their player that got him sent off was simply daft.  No attempt to even hide the foul and what makes it worse is every man and his dog knew the ref was looking to help Millwall where he could so made it twice as daft.

As people have said, generally decent at this level but as hot headed as Livemore, Moloumby etc at the same time

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1048 on: November 01, 2022, 09:56:46 PM »
Made a big difference tonight. Don’t play a silly high line and he’s our best defender.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1049 on: November 01, 2022, 10:00:41 PM »
Still managed another booking .