Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 468939 times)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1775 on: October 24, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »
That's why they had a good balance/chemistry. They understood what each other could and not could do. I do feel that due to Fulhams very athletic squad however they would get over run next Saturday though.

Yeah, Fulham will be tough and if we are all fully fit ( and don't switch to 3 in the middle), I'd go with Molumby and Mowatt as my first choice.  Molumby has shown how we need legs in the middle and Mowatt offers more than Livermore.  I'd go Livermore ahead of Snodgrass though.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1776 on: October 24, 2021, 04:25:11 PM »
Yeah, Fulham will be tough and if we are all fully fit ( and don't switch to 3 in the middle), I'd go with Molumby and Mowatt as my first choice.  Molumby has shown how we need legs in the middle and Mowatt offers more than Livermore.  I'd go Livermore ahead of Snodgrass though.

I'd agree with the first choice pairing of Mowatt and Moloumby for sure. I can't see us putting 3 in the middle so i'd stick with those 2 who can run and play for the 90 minutes.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1777 on: October 27, 2021, 10:01:09 AM »
I wonder what the dynamic is between VI and Jake, it appears that Mowatt is very much VI's number 1 man. Could Jake (the club captain) resent this?

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1778 on: October 27, 2021, 10:08:48 AM »
Resent it?

Promotion is on the line.  Its all about picking the best players for the job.

Sawyers and HRK exited last summer, Livermore could've had no complaints if that was him also.

Solskjaer has got himself into a terrible tangle at Man Utd pandering to ego's.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1779 on: October 27, 2021, 10:12:41 AM »
I wonder what the dynamic is between VI and Jake, it appears that Mowatt is very much VI's number 1 man. Could Jake (the club captain) resent this?
Jake has given his all this season. If anything he may resent the fact that Phillips and Furlong have been given extended contracts, and he has not,but he is too professional to let that show on the pitch.
Great pro, much maligned on this forum.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1780 on: October 27, 2021, 10:38:40 AM »
Jake has given his all this season. If anything he may resent the fact that Phillips and Furlong have been given extended contracts, and he has not,but he is too professional to let that show on the pitch.
Great pro, much maligned on this forum.

He isnt the best, but i feel he allways tries his best. I imagine when hes gone he will be praised (ala brunt)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1781 on: October 27, 2021, 10:40:32 AM »
I was just asking for thoughts, i guess I got them   :-[
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1782 on: October 27, 2021, 10:45:38 AM »
Livermore has no right to resent any other player being offered a new contract while he hasn't. He's a professional and he's on 20k a week inthe EFL.

I could understand general anxiousness about his future though. He's coming to the end of his career and hopefully this is his last year with us regardless. Saying that he always gives his all, good or bad. If he moves on i would wish him the best for the future and hope he finds a new club quickly.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1783 on: October 27, 2021, 10:59:36 AM »
Livermore has no right to resent any other player being offered a new contract while he hasn't. He's a professional and he's on 20k a week inthe EFL.

I could understand general anxiousness about his future though. He's coming to the end of his career and hopefully this is his last year with us regardless. Saying that he always gives his all, good or bad. If he moves on i would wish him the best for the future and hope he finds a new club quickly.

I suspect he will be looking for one last pay day soon, (contract up June 20222) Anyone got Denise Coates' phone number?  Good luck to him if he can get a nice fat cheque from someone, or would be be in the Mozza / brunt coaching fraternity?
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1784 on: October 27, 2021, 11:13:08 AM »

I'm not sure why you think Mowatt is Val's #1? I think Mowatt and Livermore are his preferred midfield 2.
I fully expect Livermore to be back in the 11 on Saturday.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1785 on: October 27, 2021, 11:22:06 AM »
I suspect he will be looking for one last pay day soon, (contract up June 20222)

You mean we've got to put up with him another 18,000 years?

Flippin heck  :o ;D

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1786 on: October 27, 2021, 11:44:47 AM »
I don't think there are many who question his commitment, it's his ability that is contested. He tries hard and gives his all but, technically we need an upgrade and have done for years. IMO. Would never wish him ill though.

Sean Flynn was a committed trier but I wouldn't want him in our midfield either.

Molumby showed on Saturday that you can work hard and be technically good. Not saying that one game makes him a world beater but he certainly deserves to keep his place.
Snodgrass also showed that it's not all about legs and pace, a footballing brain can compensate for that.
I think bringing Jake back would set us back, without a doubt.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1787 on: October 27, 2021, 11:49:31 AM »
I suspect he will be looking for one last pay day soon, (contract up June 20222) Anyone got Denise Coates' phone number?  Good luck to him if he can get a nice fat cheque from someone, or would be be in the Mozza / brunt coaching fraternity?

Yeah that's whylat I mean, he's probably woried about his future which is understandable but it has no relationship to the club giving out contracts to other players.

He will be lucky to get 20k PW wherever he goes next anyway

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1788 on: October 27, 2021, 11:49:47 AM »
You mean we've got to put up with him another 18,000 years?

Flippin heck  :o ;D

Touche !
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1789 on: October 27, 2021, 11:53:53 AM »
I'm not sure why you think Mowatt is Val's #1? ........

The players refer to VI as Mowatt's dad  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1790 on: October 27, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »
I don't think there are many who question his commitment, it's his ability that is contested. He tries hard and gives his all but, technically we need an upgrade and have done for years. IMO. Would never wish him ill though.

Sean Flynn was a committed trier but I wouldn't want him in our midfield either.

Molumby showed on Saturday that you can work hard and be technically good. Not saying that one game makes him a world beater but he certainly deserves to keep his place.
Snodgrass also showed that it's not all about legs and pace, a footballing brain can compensate for that.

This.

I have never criticised JL for commitment.  In fact you are absolutely guaranteed 100% from his every single match.

What I do question is his quality?  As long as a player is committed and focused then ability will override effort.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1791 on: October 27, 2021, 02:27:36 PM »

Top post. Saved me a few minutes typing something similar.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1792 on: October 27, 2021, 04:19:33 PM »

Ah, but would he do press-ups in the centre circle as a punishment, if he'd messed up?
I remember Flynn doing that once at the Hawthorns. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1793 on: October 27, 2021, 04:45:01 PM »
Ah, but would he do press-ups in the centre circle as a punishment, if he'd messed up?
I remember Flynn doing that once at the Hawthorns.

I remember that! Loved the guys commitment.
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1794 on: October 27, 2021, 06:58:56 PM »
Did the press up routine a few times from memory. Appreciated his commitment more than his passing though. Press up technique wasn't up to much either in fairness. I'd have preferred him to win the ball back having lost it in the first place. Pashun.......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1795 on: October 27, 2021, 07:30:09 PM »

Where have you heard Livermore resents anyone else’s contract offer?

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1796 on: October 27, 2021, 08:37:29 PM »
Where have you heard Livermore resents anyone else’s contract offer?
He hasn't, he is just clutching at straws in response to my clumsy attempt to defend Jake.
Any opportunity to take a dig.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1797 on: October 27, 2021, 09:24:57 PM »
He hasn't, he is just clutching at straws in response to my clumsy attempt to defend Jake.
Any opportunity to take a dig.
I didn't think it was clumsy, and I agreed with what you said.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1798 on: October 27, 2021, 10:16:43 PM »
I didn't think it was clumsy, and I agreed with what you said.
Cheers mate.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1799 on: October 27, 2021, 10:26:14 PM »
I have never been a fan of his but he does try.
I think he will leave at the end of the season regardless, he is not good enough for the premiership and his legs can't carry him to play Val's style