Author Topic: Nathan Ferguson Joins Crystal Palace  (Read 203836 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Nathan Ferguson
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2019, 01:29:30 AM »
I agree, I noticed his potential in the friendly v Bournemouth . He has exceeded all expectations since, sky is his limit . However, let’s not get too carried away with Statham comparisons .
I remember another full back/centre back, who we all rated very highly, Man U were reported to be interested. Expectations were high..........what ever happened to Zuivaloon ?!

Had a loan spell with Ipswich then played in Spain, Holland and then Spain again after leaving Albion. Last seen plying his trade as a centre half in India. Checking back on his record with us I didn't realise he'd played as often as he actually did. I'd certainly forgotten he scored four goals and got two assists in our promotion season under RDM. I think Nathan will go on to have a better career.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2019, 08:58:47 AM »
Had a loan spell with Ipswich then played in Spain, Holland and then Spain again after leaving Albion. Last seen plying his trade as a centre half in India. Checking back on his record with us I didn't realise he'd played as often as he actually did. I'd certainly forgotten he scored four goals and got two assists in our promotion season under RDM. I think Nathan will go on to have a better career.

There were a lot of people who were of the opinion that Zuiverloon would go on to be Holland's right back for years, so we have to be careful with our expectations. Just try and let the lad play his football, and not be too OTT either way.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2019, 09:16:40 AM »
There were a lot of people who were of the opinion that Zuiverloon would go on to be Holland's right back for years, so we have to be careful with our expectations. Just try and let the lad play his football, and not be too OTT either way.
in fairness he did come in and play like Roberto Carlos for a few weeks,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2019, 09:52:46 AM »
Without wishing to detract from the subject matter, Zuiverloon was an extremely promising youngster who was on the radar of many big clubs before he joined us. It was somewhat of a coup for us to get him in all honesty, it is just a shame it turned out as it did with him but it happens to a lot of gifted youngsters, they just do not fulfil their potential. His confidence seemed to get knocked after an initial burst and he just never recovered from it. Quite how it will go for Nathan, no one can predict, let's just enjoy him while he is performing to this standard and not put too much pressure on him.

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2019, 09:05:37 PM »
What a player, unbelievable, athletic, quick, hungry & fearless.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2019, 10:27:14 AM »
It is remarkable that he was converted from a centre half to right back but now managing to keep out a player as good as Gibbs at left back purely on merit. You can't help but love the bloke how he's always got that massive smile on his face. It is obviously early days but as long as he carries on the way he is he'll have a very good future in the game.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2019, 09:36:12 AM »
What strikes me and i'm sure everybody else, is his maturity on the ball. He doesn't try to do ridiculous things and get caught out. Compare him to our last RB that played out of position at LB - Nyom  :o
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2019, 11:33:52 AM »
I've been greatly impressed by Nathan Ferguson since I saw him at Forest on the opening game of the season. He defends very well and has started to get forward a bit more.
He has looked comfortable at both right and left back and his reading of the game is very good for someone so young.
If he's that reliable at full back I wonder how he would look playing in his natural position at centre back?

I can't see Gibbs getting his place back anytime soon.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »
I like the fact that he looks at his opponent and is smiling at him most of the time, as if he knows he can't beat him.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2019, 12:34:54 PM »
There was one incident in the 2nd half when they attacked down Fergies half, he got infront his man and let the ball go out for a goal kick. Sawyers was behind him and started smiling at the Cardiff forward. Just that shows the confidence the players have in him. Potential to be a great great player!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2019, 12:38:59 PM »
It is just so refreshing to see a lad of such huge potential that has come through our own ranks. Just love the kid!

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2019, 10:22:23 AM »
The good news, we’re in talks with Ferguson over a new 5 year deal.

The bad news, we’re also in talks with Robson Kanu over an extension  :-\ .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/17/west-brom-offer-highly-rated-defender-nathan-ferguson-new-five/

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2019, 10:23:40 AM »
You have got to be kidding me  :-X

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2019, 11:14:26 AM »
The good news, we’re in talks with Ferguson over a new 5 year deal.

The bad news, we’re also in talks with Robson Kanu over an extension  :-\ .

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/17/west-brom-offer-highly-rated-defender-nathan-ferguson-new-five/

It's nice to know HRK has so many strings to his bow, but couldn't we just pay the going rate for a proper builder?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2019, 11:33:23 AM »
To be honest I'd just let Robson-Kanu's contract run down then release him. He's not good enough at this level, if we go up if he gets any sort of look in we're in serious trouble. Get him off the wage bill.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
It's nice to know HRK has so many strings to his bow, but couldn't we just pay the going rate for a proper builder?

:D Very good mate! Haha he’s about as mobile as a brick wall.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2019, 06:22:03 PM »
He has to have some value to a league 1 side, so why let him walk away for nowt,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2019, 06:24:11 PM »
He has to have some value to a league 1 side, so why let him walk away for nowt,

What League One side would pay enough money to justify keeping him on?

Great news on Ferguson if he does sign up for five years.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »
There is a thread for discussing Hal Robson-Kanu. This thread is for Nathan Ferguson.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2019, 08:17:51 PM »
There is a thread for discussing Hal Robson-Kanu. This thread is for Nathan Ferguson.
I must say..... I thought I was losing the plot clinking on stuff! LOL!
I would really like him on a 5 year contract. Nathan Ferguson
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2019, 08:24:06 PM »
I must say..... I thought I was losing the plot clinking on stuff! LOL!
I would really like him on a 5 year contract. Nathan Ferguson

Phew, I’m glad you clarified that, I thought you meant the guy in the other thread that was mentioned in this thread ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2019, 08:40:50 PM »
Lets get this one done and fast. Don't go cheap again Albion, give the lad a fair offer.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2019, 09:05:45 PM »
Phew, I’m glad you clarified that, I thought you meant the guy in the other thread that was mentioned in this thread ;)
I do try to please! Seriously Nathan in my view is a gem.I love watching him play does the lot . And at 18 ?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2019, 11:14:07 PM »
Spurs in for him in January. Get it sorted quickly please board.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2019, 11:16:23 PM »
Please board... Don't drag your heels.
Look forward and upward.