Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 364176 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1475 on: April 13, 2019, 01:31:45 PM »
Rodriguez ....is one of just six outfield players to start every match

Makes his goal return look even more mediocre. Gayle has 18 goals from open play in 2481 minutes (1 every 1.5 games), J Rod has 13 goals in 3596 minutes (every 1 every 3.1 games). Of course J-Rod also has the luxury of seven penalties as well most of them won by Gayle, none won by him.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1476 on: April 13, 2019, 02:04:02 PM »
Matt Wilso Twitter Account

Robust Rodriguez comes in on his days off to recover in the club’s cryotherapy chamber. Albion’s 20-goal striker has played more minutes than any other Championship forward this season and is one of just six outfield players to start every match

This is a credit to him, to his professionalism, to his commitment and to his desire to do well for the Albion, but still whatever our top goal scorers does is not enough for some.

With all what has happened around the club this year he has been a true professional and done well. My player of the season.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1477 on: April 13, 2019, 03:10:53 PM »
Matt Wilso Twitter Account

Robust Rodriguez comes in on his days off to recover in the club’s cryotherapy chamber. Albion’s 20-goal striker has played more minutes than any other Championship forward this season and is one of just six outfield players to start every match

This is a credit to him, to his professionalism, to his commitment and to his desire to do well for the Albion, but still whatever our top goal scorers does is not enough for some.
So it spends his days off sitting around doing nothing. I’ve been doing that all my life.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1478 on: April 13, 2019, 03:13:17 PM »
Makes his goal return look even more mediocre. Gayle has 18 goals from open play in 2481 minutes (1 every 1.5 games), J Rod has 13 goals in 3596 minutes (every 1 every 3.1 games). Of course J-Rod also has the luxury of seven penalties as well most of them won by Gayle, none won by him.

I think you have just  proven my point about JRod, thank you for not disappointing. We are lucky to have both players
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1479 on: April 13, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »
Well taken goal. In position and nice clinical flick off outside of his boot.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1480 on: April 13, 2019, 11:15:01 PM »
He’s a decent player, simple as that.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1481 on: April 13, 2019, 11:20:30 PM »
He’s a decent player, simple as that.

He's a very good goalscorer, when played in a 2, right up front. No more than that.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1482 on: April 13, 2019, 11:22:03 PM »
Exactly, and that’s not a bad trait surely?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1483 on: April 14, 2019, 12:00:22 AM »
DOes what he's paid to do.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1484 on: April 14, 2019, 12:10:15 AM »
Exactly, and that’s not a bad trait surely?

Definitely not, but we rarely use him as such.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1485 on: April 14, 2019, 01:22:47 AM »

Definitely not, but we rarely use him as such.
Is that his fault?
What was wrong with his performance against PNE??

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1486 on: April 14, 2019, 01:25:35 AM »
Is that his fault?
What was wrong with his performance against PNE??

Nothing to my knowledge, I didn't see the game.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1487 on: April 14, 2019, 02:24:27 AM »
Not sure what the problem is with JRod.... he's scored 21 and people are not happy.
We have an average team,apart from Gayle and JRod who else is even near 10 goals.
I don't care if he sits down for 80 minutes if he keeps scoring

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1488 on: April 14, 2019, 03:34:35 AM »

Nothing to my knowledge, I didn't see the game.
You took the bait there, didn’t you? 
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1489 on: April 14, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »
Sorry for those who this opinion rubs off badly upon, but I really don't rate JRod as a striker. Gayle is a miles better goalscorer who works twice as hard, is very unselfish and will nearly always score when fed. JRods penalties make up a lot of his goals, whereas Gayle has pretty much scored all of his from outfield play and has had an injury this season.

I actually think JRod might make a better AM than he does striker, that position is a lot more static and doesn't require lots of running. Hes not very good at holding up the ball either which I believe is essential for a striker in a 2 up top.

Personally if Burnley come back in with another 10m+ bid I'd let them have him.

Couldn't disagree more. JRod is best up top alongside Gayle. All this playing in the hole or from the left doesn't suit us and it doesn't help Gayle or JRod.

Rodriguez has 21 goals, 14 of which are not penalties. That is pretty good for someone that hasn't been used as a main striker.

42 goals between Dwight and Jay - play to their strengths. Get them both up top, stop fannying about at the back, get the ball forward earlier and let these two get on with it. They will and do score goals.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 02:29:57 PM by Atomic »

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1490 on: April 14, 2019, 02:26:26 PM »
Sorry for those who this opinion rubs off badly upon, but I really don't rate JRod as a striker. Gayle is a miles better goalscorer who works twice as hard, is very unselfish and will nearly always score when fed. JRods penalties make up a lot of his goals, whereas Gayle has pretty much scored all of his from outfield play and has had an injury this season.

I actually think JRod might make a better AM than he does striker, that position is a lot more static and doesn't require lots of running. Hes not very good at holding up the ball either which I believe is essential for a striker in a 2 up top.

Personally if Burnley come back in with another 10m+ bid I'd let them have him.
He never stopped running yesterday put in some good challenges and scored. He as 21 goals this season in a team IMO who have a poor midfield with someone better supplying the Ammo he would have had more. No pleasing some people what more do you want?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1491 on: April 14, 2019, 03:37:10 PM »
With all what has happened around the club this year he has been a true professional and done well. My player of the season.

... :o

Jay Rodriguez...player of the season? Blimey.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1492 on: April 14, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »
... :o

Jay Rodriguez...player of the season? Blimey.

very few alternatives though
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1493 on: April 14, 2019, 04:03:17 PM »
Good job he's sh*t!. Imagine how many goals he would have scored if he was any good.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1494 on: April 14, 2019, 04:08:57 PM »

Couldn't disagree more. JRod is best up top alongside Gayle. All this playing in the hole or from the left doesn't suit us and it doesn't help Gayle or JRod.

Rodriguez has 21 goals, 14 of which are not penalties. That is pretty good for someone that hasn't been used as a main striker.

42 goals between Dwight and Jay - play to their strengths. Get them both up top, stop fannying about at the back, get the ball forward earlier and let these two get on with it. They will and do score goals.

This post says it all for me. Well said that man.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1495 on: June 03, 2019, 09:37:45 AM »
Matt Wilson Twitter Account

Jay Rodriguez is on the radar of Premier League clubs Burnley and Bournemouth

Personally, I'd like to hold on to him, but understand finances will dictate

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1496 on: June 03, 2019, 10:16:04 AM »
Burnley could once again look to bring West Bromwich Albion striker Jay Rodriguez back to Turf Moor.
The Clarets did launch a bid for the 29-year-old last summer but were knocked back.
Burnley Express have now reported that Sean Dyche could re-ignite his interest with a much reduced offer.
Rodriguez and Craig Dawson were the subject of a £25m joint bid last summer that Albion chiefs rejected.
12 months on, with the Baggies need to tighten their financial belts after missing out on promotion, they could be prepared to cash in.
It is believed that Burnley bid as much as £16m for the striker last summer, but that he could be available for £5m plus add ons this year.
The report claims a clause was inserted in his contract that would allow him to leave the Hawthorns should they not achieve promotion at the first time of asking.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1497 on: June 03, 2019, 10:20:19 AM »
He's 100% gone imo.

He will end up at Burnley.

Think we should ask for vydra in part exchange

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1498 on: June 03, 2019, 10:21:16 AM »
This post says it all for me. Well said that man.

J-Rod did play up front as the main striker though.  We spent a good chunk of the season with Gayle stuck out wide. 

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1499 on: June 03, 2019, 10:33:47 AM »
much as I believe JRod is over rated at B71, £5M is not sufficient compensation, if we have allowed a clause of that value to be inserted into his contract, it is another example of gross incompetence by the suits IMO.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!