Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2348547 times)

bosh

• Junior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5800 on: May 08, 2019, 10:20:56 AM »
I'm a shareholder and will not be able to get a ticket either.

Maybe he did not attend enough home games to qualify either.   :D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 11:17:29 AM by bosh »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5801 on: May 08, 2019, 11:40:27 AM »
Adrian Goldberg voicing what many supports feel

“How the hell did English football allow itself to get into a situation where owners can't be arsed to attend the play-offs??? It's not your "business" fella, it's my club, my community and my passion.  Do one.”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5802 on: May 08, 2019, 11:55:49 AM »

“How the hell did English football allow itself to get into a situation where owners can't be arsed to attend the play-offs??? It's not your "business" fella, it's my club, my community and my passion.  Do one.”

He's right though
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5803 on: May 08, 2019, 12:03:38 PM »

Fair play to Adrian Goldberg. He is bang on right. I wish Lai would sell up he's been a joke ever since he bought the club.

Goldberg has hit the nail on the head Lai might be the "owner" but this isn't his club it's ours, the fans.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5804 on: May 08, 2019, 12:43:16 PM »
So Mr Lai isn’t bothering to come over for our play-off games. Seriously, what is he doing at our club? He clearly hasn’t the slightest interest in the footballing side. He thought he was speculating in order to accumulate but he could lose a good chunk of his £180m investment IF - and it is a big IF - we don’t get promoted.

I like your optimism Royhan. Good on yeah!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5805 on: May 08, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »

It happened because of one very greedy, selfish bald man called Jeremy.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5806 on: May 08, 2019, 01:12:34 PM »
Hopefully, either way (promotion or not) Lai sells us to someone with even a tiny bit more interest than he has. He's become a Randy Lerner..................Can we fans not have a fan ownership thing like they do in Germany somehow?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5807 on: May 08, 2019, 01:17:29 PM »
Agree with Adrian Goldberg.

Our biggest games of the season - more importantly against them - and he cannot be bothered.

Lai out.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5808 on: May 08, 2019, 01:38:18 PM »
I don't think he'd be welcomed by the vast majority anyway.

Nothing to see here.

COYB and SOTV 8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5809 on: May 08, 2019, 01:56:20 PM »
No leadership at the club at all.

Look at Klopp at Liverpool last night. He just radiates confidence.

We have no one with that type of personality.

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5810 on: May 08, 2019, 07:10:16 PM »
So Lai's not coming but his chairman and director plus some Chinese guests are, so lets let them know what we think of them all. Lai out!!

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5811 on: May 08, 2019, 07:15:55 PM »
I don't think he'd be welcomed by the vast majority anyway.

Nothing to see here.

COYB and SOTV 8) .

If they are smart enough, they won't turn up. I think it will just create a toxic atmosphere among the fans in all fairness. The quicker they sod off the better to be honest.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

rhobbie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5812 on: May 08, 2019, 07:42:08 PM »
Mr lai , you purchased this club for what reason ? Certainly not because you like football because your absence at our football ground is disgraceful . Why don’t you do all us genuine fans who love this club a favour and sell to someone who has an interest in football and is prepared to invest in our club .
Looks like we got the dodgy Chinese we all dread and gives you belly ache afterwards .

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5813 on: May 08, 2019, 07:45:05 PM »
Mr lai , you purchased this club for what reason ? Certainly not because you like football because your absence at our football ground is disgraceful . Why don’t you do all us genuine fans who love this club a favour and sell to someone who has an interest in football and is prepared to invest in our club .
Looks like we got the dodgy Chinese we all dread and gives you belly ache afterwards .

He purchased the club as a business interest to bolster his coffers and to
Promote his other firms.

I don’t know why people get so wound up about it to be honest. We’ll all be here long after he has gone.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5814 on: May 08, 2019, 11:07:10 PM »
He purchased the club as a business interest to bolster his coffers and to
Promote his other firms.

I don’t know why people get so wound up about it to be honest. We’ll all be here long after he has gone.

Exactly, he isn't one of us and has never pretended to be like his predecessor.

All he cares about is making as much money as he can from us.

Who, the guests coming over to see are potential purchasers. I get the feeling behind the scenes he will be trying to offload us and the dings success may have piqued someone's interest.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5815 on: May 09, 2019, 04:34:13 PM »
What bothers me is the damage Lai May do if all that he is now interested in is recovering his £200m outlay and doesn’t care how he does it. The sooner the ghastly little bloke clears off the better. The awful man shows no respect towards the club or fans, so why should we show him one iota of respect?

LAI OUT

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5816 on: May 09, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »
After reading some of the comments above I understand that fans are unhappy with Lai and I am too, however some of the reasoning is baffling to me.

Many seem to expect him to bleed blue & white, attend more games and throw more money after bad.

Newsflash. He's Chinese. From China. It's a long way away!

He didn't buy our club because he's always followed the baggies or that he's an eccentric billionaire who had gotten tired of playbunnies and yachts.

What he did was to buy a business that he thought would deliver him profit in a self-sustained way whilst using the premier league's global exposure for the benefit of his brand.

Unfortunately he's made several poor decisions and thrown somewhere in the region of £150 million down the drain. I'm surprised that he even showed up to the Brentford game!

As much as we hate it, we are not in the 70's anymore where the club, players and fans were closer together.

This is 2019 and football is a business. Owners are here to make money, 95% of the players are mercenaries and fans are disconnected because quite frankly we do not really matter that much within a business model that is sustained with TV money.

That will continue to be the case until the TV cash dries up and gate receipts & merchandising matter more.

Until then, let's keep our fingers crossed for the playoffs and hope that Lai sells us to a more ambitious owner rather than commencing asset stripping.

Rant over.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5817 on: May 09, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »
What bothers me is the damage Lai May do if all that he is now interested in is recovering his £200m outlay and doesn’t care how he does it. The sooner the ghastly little bloke clears off the better. The awful man shows no respect towards the club or fans, so why should we show him one iota of respect?

LAI OUT
You should be prudent about making (publicly available) comments about our owner, given the importance of 'face', within the Chinese community. You claim he shows no respect. How about him choosing some crass colour scheme for the strip, or changing the name? Then your indignation would be more understandable.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5818 on: May 10, 2019, 11:20:13 AM »
You should be prudent about making (publicly available) comments about our owner, given the importance of 'face', within the Chinese community. You claim he shows no respect. How about him choosing some crass colour scheme for the strip, or changing the name? Then your indignation would be more understandable.

Out of interest, why should he be prudent about making comments like that?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5819 on: May 10, 2019, 10:15:17 PM »
I entirely get that fans basically want a fan with deep pockets to be a benefactor. The reality there isn't going to be one. Sorry that person does not exist. To buy out Lai if the club were in the Premier League is going to cost £150m if we bottom out on a forced sale in the Championship maybe £30m or less.

The former needs a free wealth in the Billion £ range particularly if we are expecting additional investment on top of the initial purchase price. Obviously in the Championship the cost of purchase is much lower but if the cost of promotion is typically a subsidy of £13m a year permitted under FFP then again it requires incredibly deep pockets.

It is very unlikely that any future owner will have any particular connection to club. It is most likely they will not be UK based.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5820 on: May 11, 2019, 09:13:37 AM »
I see Bolton are rumoured to be taken over by Chinese investors who apparently are on par with Dingle owners. Ebenezer has got a lot to answer for.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5821 on: May 11, 2019, 10:00:05 AM »
I see Bolton are rumoured to be taken over by Chinese investors who apparently are on par with Dingle owners. Ebenezer has got a lot to answer for.

Looks like they are buying them out of administration taking the 12 point deduction for a rock bottom price and a relatively clean sheet absolute heroes. They are buying a club in the 3rd teir of English who will be lucky not to be relegated to the 4th teir.

Peace for all his faults and the last 4 years were totally obssessed with the sale did actually sell a self sustaining Premier League football club for a price that given other quoted prices for Premier League clubs was not outrageous. The biggest and possibly worst error he made was recommending Williams as Chairman.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5822 on: May 11, 2019, 05:45:40 PM »
Lai is a total ****. I don't care what people say about us wanting fans in charge or any of that. The fact is, he is an uninterested businessman, who bought the club for unclear reasons, has shown zero interest and has mismanaged us at every step. The better we are rid of this total parasite the better.

Jeremy "i'm an Albion fan" Peace's parting gift to us was this total ******.
Boing Boing

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5823 on: May 13, 2019, 01:06:55 PM »
If we don't go up this year, I struggle to see us going up with Lai as chairman.

He doesn't have the knowledge of football, and keeps appointing men with no clue how to run a football club - Williams, Jenkins, etc.

We have no long term vision, and he seems caught between a rock and a hard place. He can't sell the club because he'll lose money, but he can't keep running it because he'll keep losing money.

I think we're in for a bumpy ride, and we could go the way of Bolton or Coventry if things are really badly run.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5824 on: May 13, 2019, 01:19:37 PM »
Yes, genuinely fear for us if he doesnt sell at a loss or go all out next season. Dark days ahead if he just maintains the status quo.