Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 361082 times)

victor mature

• Junior Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #950 on: June 19, 2018, 09:41:38 PM »
When we bought him for £12m that was after he'd been out for nearly a year with a serious knee injury. We wouldn't have got him at that price otherwise. If we're selling, I'd be looking for @£16m-17m

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #951 on: June 20, 2018, 12:52:14 AM »
Insulting opening offer. Let's go bid ten million for their center back who I won't dare try to spell his name just to see how they like it  :P

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #952 on: June 20, 2018, 01:28:05 AM »
Insulting opening offer. Let's go bid ten million for their center back who I won't dare try to spell his name just to see how they like it  :P

Tbf he's worth about £16m in this market. I wouldn't accept anything below £20m purely because there's no way his replacement is going to be as good whilst we're in this league. If we were in the Prem I'd hate us spending that sort of money on a 29 year old JRod.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #953 on: June 20, 2018, 02:52:55 AM »
Tbf he's worth about £16m in this market. I wouldn't accept anything below £20m purely because there's no way his replacement is going to be as good whilst we're in this league. If we were in the Prem I'd hate us spending that sort of money on a 29 year old JRod.

If we had just qualified for the Europa league I'd rather us take a punt on someone for the same figure from overseas. Spending 16 /20 million on a 29 year old Jay Rod is a joke for a Europa league team.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #954 on: June 20, 2018, 01:14:13 PM »
If we had just qualified for the Europa league I'd rather us take a punt on someone for the same figure from overseas. Spending 16 /20 million on a 29 year old Jay Rod is a joke for a Europa league team.

They have a Club Grown player quota to meet though and JRod will help them do that. Agree though I'd be disappointed if I was them. Would sooner just throw 4 youngsters into the squad reg.

Skysports reporting he's keen to move there and we're willing to do business at £18m+

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #955 on: June 20, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »
If we can get quoted 25 million for Deeney then I’d say Rodriguez is worth that when you consider he is younger and has a better goal ratio

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #956 on: June 20, 2018, 06:50:06 PM »
Would like to keep Jay, but in any event, not sure how his fitness would stand up to the rigours of the Championship
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #957 on: June 20, 2018, 07:58:07 PM »
They have a Club Grown player quota to meet though and JRod will help them do that. Agree though I'd be disappointed if I was them. Would sooner just throw 4 youngsters into the squad reg.

Skysports reporting he's keen to move there and we're willing to do business at £18m+
£18m+ would be a sensible price. They know what he's got in his game and he's likely to improve further with the confidence a full season under his belt gives him. I'd like to keep him but if he wants to go and we get £18m - 20m then I'd let him go. Not keen on keeping players who wish they were somewhere else regardless of the contract.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #958 on: June 21, 2018, 08:38:03 AM »

it's easy mate B.E.N. M.E.E.   :P

back to Rodriguez. I think it's only the Daily Mail that have said he wants to leave, other news outlets like HITC have then repeated it. I'm sure I read that he wasn't looking to move and also that the club have said he will only move if we don't sell Rondon.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #959 on: June 22, 2018, 10:35:44 AM »
Don't need to sell players so wouldn't entertain Burnley unless they pay over 24 million for him. 18 million could be upfront valuation, with add ons deal could be worth north of 20 million plus. Still we need a new striker and if we let him leave we need two.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #960 on: June 22, 2018, 10:51:55 AM »
We shouldn’t be selling him. Let’s get Rondon out for his sell on clause, keep J-Rod and buy another two strikers to improve the squad. He seems to be sort not to kick up a fuss and we’ll need him to get out of this league and next year. Same with Dawson. No point selling our best players which will only weaken us.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #961 on: June 22, 2018, 11:03:27 AM »
We shouldn’t be selling him. Let’s get Rondon out for his sell on clause, keep J-Rod and buy another two strikers to improve the squad. He seems to be sort not to kick up a fuss and we’ll need him to get out of this league and next year. Same with Dawson. No point selling our best players which will only weaken us.
That's how I feel about it.
 I'd be happy if we could get any 2 of Reid, Vydra, Gray or even Abel Hernandez as I think they could all work well with Rodriguez.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #962 on: June 22, 2018, 01:37:51 PM »

The irony. You say don't sell our best players while advocating the sale of probably our best player...  :-X
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #963 on: June 22, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »

The irony. You say don't sell our best players while advocating the sale of probably our best player...  :-X

I know your in love with the ”none-goalscoring no first touch take a dive Rondon” but I think he’s rubbish :)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #964 on: June 22, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »
He seems to be sort not to kick up a fuss and we’ll need him to get out of this league and next year. Same with Dawson.
They haven't had much reason to kick up a fuss until now, but relegation could easily change that. They have to maximise their income for their families' sake in what is a short career. Therefore, it's quite likely that they'll be hoping someone at a higher level comes in with an acceptable deal without the need for them (or their agents to more precise) to have to try to engineer a move.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #965 on: June 22, 2018, 02:15:45 PM »
I know your in love with the ”none-goalscoring no first touch take a dive Rondon” but I think he’s rubbish :)

Can I second that. I ask the following
1.Would you trust Rondon to take a penalty ?
2. Would you be confident he would score a ‘one on one’ with the keeper ?
Nor me

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #966 on: June 22, 2018, 03:26:41 PM »
Can I second that. I ask the following
1.Would you trust Rondon to take a penalty ?
2. Would you be confident he would score a ‘one on one’ with the keeper ?
Nor me

Me neither. Personally,  I'd love to see Jay Rod and Vydra up front for us next season.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #967 on: June 22, 2018, 04:39:50 PM »
I think we need to bring in two new strikers to supplement J-Rod. Bobby Reid & Vydra would fit the bill. I’d like to think we can convince J-Rod to give it 12 months with us to try to bounce back. After all we took a gamble on him after all his injuries. He also seems far more level headed and decent than a lot of footballers.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #968 on: June 22, 2018, 07:18:44 PM »

I think the point is Rondon has a sell on clause, so we have to let him go if the offers right.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #969 on: June 23, 2018, 09:09:46 AM »
I think our position is that we probably have to retain at least one of Rondon or Rodriguez. With Rondon having a release clause we cannot let Rodriguez go or at least ways not for the sort of sum that a well run club like Burnley is likely to offer.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #970 on: June 23, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
I think our position is that we probably have to retain at least one of Rondon or Rodriguez.
Both are replaceable, so it's not a prospect that I'm too fearful about as long as we don't spend weeks faffing about.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #971 on: June 23, 2018, 01:13:23 PM »
Both are replaceable, so it's not a prospect that I'm too fearful about as long as we don't spend weeks faffing about.

You could argue we already have.

We know one striker, could be JR, will go, so let's pull our fingers out and sign one or two strikers. We have 1 weekend before the players return.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:41:17 PM by cads_ap_albion »
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #972 on: June 23, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
You could argue we already have.
I'm certainly inclined to agree with that, everything's seemingly going at a snail's pace at present.

We have 1 week before the players return.
We don't actually - they're back in on Monday!

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #973 on: June 23, 2018, 01:42:25 PM »
I'm certainly inclined to agree with that, everything's seemingly going at a snail's pace at present.
We don't actually - they're back in on Monday!

Blimey. That soon. Cannot abide by this idea the world cup slows it all down. Other clubs are being aggressive and signing players.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #974 on: June 23, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »
Blimey. That soon. Cannot abide by this idea the world cup slows it all down. Other clubs are being aggressive and signing players.
which clubs are aggressively signing players, other than stoke who have signed 2 and Man Utd I’m struggling to think of anyone who is signing players of note that will be in direct competition with us.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.