Author Topic: 7 Dec 2018 Albion 2 Aston Villa 2  (Read 64700 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »
Gibbs has read the danger, if he steps up the ball is slipped in so he did what he could.  The person who hasn't read the danger is Hegazi who is ball watching.

You're blaming Gibbs even though he was put in an impossible position to mark two players.  Why didn't hegazi read the situation and step out to block the shot?

Put it this way, the shot wasn't closed down we can both agree on that.  Two players could have closed it down, one of them was covering the run in behind, the other got hit directly with the ball.  Its hegazis to close down every day.

Don't think the midfield covered themselves in glory either. Barry let greasy jack carry the ball too far. Then Livermore instead of holding ground and being ready to close the next manstormed in and just flattened grealish- if they didn't score I think the ref would have given a free kick. Although I have only seen it once but that's how it looked to me
O Albion we love you

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2018, 06:48:42 PM »
We never really controlled the game, nor did Villa.

Both teams had spells of possession, the difference was with their spells they got at us and had a spell where they could of scored 2 or 3, first half Abraham was through when Tosin passed the ball straight to them, fortunately he passed it back to Johnstone, second half he had two headers, one he should of done better, the other was a good effort but went wide, he also had the ball at his feet on his own 6 yards out and again managed to mess it up.

Our chances, a Gayle header over in the start of the 2nd half? And Villas keeper is their weakest player yet we never looked like scoring.

When we had the ball, usually at the back, Hegazi to Dawson, look up, Dawson back to Hegazi, look up, Hegazi to Dawson, now and again they found Gibbs or Barnes with a crossfield pass. We were neat and tidy without ever looking like scoring, yes the first goal was a fluke and maybe had we got the first goal it would of changed the approach but we didnt and they looked a lot more comfortable and more threatening than us.

We badly missed HRK and Morrison, without them i am not sure we currently have the personnel to play 4-3-3 against the better side, against the weaker sides we should just over power them which we have done a few times this season regardless of the formation.

PS - i am delighted how we got the equaliser, they have had more than enough luck against us.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2018, 06:50:40 PM »
The 26,513 attendance, is that our biggest gate for years. Can’t remeber it being that full since the capacity was dropped down to 26,500

What is our capacity cause if the away fans were 120 down then, that means the capacity is higher then the 26,500

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Banned flag in villa end
« Reply #378 on: December 08, 2018, 08:37:22 PM »
I don’t agree at all mate.  Cyrillie at Villa Park was a pale imitation of the one at The Hawthorns.  Anyhow Cryrille was damn good for Coventry and only slightly less effective.

There was a specific reason that Albion played Coventry in a pre-season friendly.

There is no basis for Villa fans to hero worship him.  I personally found that particular flag an insult to not only WBA but Coventry City also.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2018, 10:02:56 PM »
don't see any harm in it myself.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #380 on: December 09, 2018, 08:15:43 AM »
Officially the capacity is 26,688.

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #381 on: December 09, 2018, 09:19:42 AM »
Whoever made this flag is a bit daft IMO. 

If he had done his research then Cyrille’s stint at Villa was no more than a footnote in his career.

Yet the flag had a massive Villa bias.

Is an Albion fan going to make a blue and white flag with Tony Morley’s picture on it at Villa Park, February?  No I thought not.
Personally I thought it was a nice gesture- first time the clubs have played each other since he died, he's pictured in the Albion strip and he continued his links with both clubs after he finished playing through coaching and his agent work. Maybe the people who went to the trouble of designing and paying for it have personal links with him? Fair play to them.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #382 on: December 09, 2018, 10:06:00 AM »
Wasn't allowed in by the stewards apparently ?
If it wasn't allowed in, how come there's a photo of it?

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2018, 10:08:58 AM »
pathetic if true it wasn't allowed in - I hate the Vile but have to admit that's a great gesture shown by them to one of our greats
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #384 on: December 09, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
If it wasn't allowed in, how come there's a photo of it?

Its on a washing line in someone's back garden, so I can only assume that it was done by the owner prior to going to the game, and has now released the picture as it was taken off him by the stewards and he has put the photo out to show how innoffensive it was..........
MAGA!

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
The 26,513 attendance, is that our biggest gate for years. Can’t remeber it being that full since the capacity was dropped down to 26,500

What is our capacity cause if the away fans were 120 down then, that means the capacity is higher then the 26,500

Biggest since 2015 (26,663 v Liverpool).

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #386 on: December 09, 2018, 01:01:31 PM »
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that to bring a flag/banner into the ground it has to have a fire safety certificate with it.

Could that be where the problem arose?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #387 on: December 09, 2018, 02:20:52 PM »
As a former Steward myself let me tell you they are not bells. They are told what  they can let in the ground and what they can't all the decisions come down via radio from the control room.

I understand that but quite a few of the stewards are bells...personal experience and reports from other fans show that
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #388 on: December 09, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »
Its on a washing line in someone's back garden, so I can only assume that it was done by the owner prior to going to the game, and has now released the picture as it was taken off him by the stewards and he has put the photo out to show how innoffensive it was..........
Ah, ok, thanks

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #389 on: December 09, 2018, 05:42:44 PM »
I understand that but quite a few of the stewards are bells...personal experience and reports from other fans show that
The stewards in the back of the Smethwick caused a bit of a commotion previous home game and chucked someone out and took his season ticket/card off him too, all for standing on his seat. Not a sign of any of 'em on Friday night when the gangways were rammed with people who had moved there from their usual seats lower down and who were generally well tanked and getting leary when in sight of some real live seals   
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #390 on: December 09, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
I should have explained better, I haven't been a steward now for 13 years. When I was doing It, it was mainly Albion stewards now it's outside contractors and to be honest they are rubbish. I was just backing imo the proper stewards who work for West Brom and are well trained. The one's who do it now are a cheap option.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #391 on: December 09, 2018, 08:28:24 PM »
Nothing wrong with it in principle but I still don't like it just my sheer intense dislike of anything vila.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #392 on: December 09, 2018, 10:29:13 PM »
I don’t agree at all mate.  Cyrillie at Villa Park was a pale imitation of the one at The Hawthorns.  Anyhow Cryrille was damn good for Coventry and only slightly less effective.

There was a specific reason that Albion played Coventry in a pre-season friendly.

There is no basis for Villa fans to hero worship him.  I personally found that particular flag an insult to not only WBA but Coventry City also.
It's not about hero worship, it's just a friendly sign of respect...

Some stewards clearly have ego problems.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2018, 08:16:10 AM »
It's not about hero worship, it's just a friendly sign of respect...

Some stewards clearly have ego problems.

No mate.  The 2 faced Villa were chanting "F--k the Albion" all night then if interviewed later would state WBA are not their rival!!! 

Cyrille was rightly revered by WBA and Coventry, other clubs should not be in the frame. 

Villa have had some great forwards in latter years namely Withe, McInally, Yorke.  They should save their appreciation for them.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »
No mate.  The 2 faced Villa were chanting "F--k the Albion" all night then if interviewed later would state WBA are not their rival!!! 

Cyrille was rightly revered by WBA and Coventry, other clubs should not be in the frame. 

Villa have had some great forwards in latter years namely Withe, McInally, Yorke.  They should save their appreciation for them.

To be fair we were not exactly singing songs of respect about them either.

I hate the vile as much as you but this was just a friendly well meaning gesture from a normal 'football' fan and it should be treated as such........
MAGA!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #395 on: December 10, 2018, 09:54:36 AM »
The picture of him in an Albion shirt should be the giveaway. For me this is a genuine gesture to honour a legend of Midlands football.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #396 on: December 10, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »
To be fair we were not exactly singing songs of respect about them either.

I hate the vile as much as you but this was just a friendly well meaning gesture from a normal 'football' fan and it should be treated as such........

Wake up to the situation.  The beef i have with Vila is they turn the tap on and off regarding WBA-Villa rivalry.  You are talking about the oldest derby in world football.

I get that we'll never mean as much as Small Heath.  However most Villans just completely contradict themselves.  Its a derby we dont want flags like that when Cyrille in the main was an Albion man.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #397 on: December 10, 2018, 11:50:12 AM »
Wake up to the situation.  The beef i have with Vila is they turn the tap on and off regarding WBA-Villa rivalry.  You are talking about the oldest derby in world football.

I get that we'll never mean as much as Small Heath.  However most Villans just completely contradict themselves.  Its a derby we dont want flags like that when Cyrille in the main was an Albion man.

Thank you for the advice Greg, I will take it on board........
MAGA!

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #398 on: December 10, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »

Should fans submit requests to you in writing next time when considering what figures in the game they wish to respect?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #399 on: December 10, 2018, 01:00:29 PM »
I'm with skyclad... I think it was a decent nod to a great player.

Quite a grown up thing to do in fact.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music