Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123053 times)

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #2300 on: August 12, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
Playing JRod as the striker forces us to play football more and keep it on the floor.
Going on what I've seen from pre season, Rondon deserves to be 3rd choice atm! HRK has taken his chances in pre season, Rondon hasn't! Simple as!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2301 on: August 12, 2017, 07:07:25 PM »
Was there footage of this. His body language was off when he came on and he didn't chase like he does. In pre-season he constantly looked up for it. Is he just a massive prima donna and throws strops when he doesn't get a start?!

Don't know. I was at the game and the second the whistle went he ran across the pitch to the tunnel and took his shirt off. Looked to me as though he didn't want to be there at all after coming on. Some very half hearted jogs. Everyone else stayed to clap the fans

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2302 on: August 12, 2017, 07:10:10 PM »
I like him but think he will be on his way now we have J Rod.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2303 on: August 12, 2017, 07:13:27 PM »
His head has absolutely gone. Trudging around before he come on, then strolled on late on. Had a great chance and there was a good save but clearly he doesn't want to be here and after Jay-Rods first half performance in particular, he's not going to start. Sell him. 7 goals last season, not good enough.

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2304 on: August 12, 2017, 08:11:03 PM »
Just noticed over on instagram that Rondon seems to be liking a lot of Malaga/Rondon comments. I wanted to sell when that Chinese club came in, I really do hope he's on his way and I think Deeney would be a suitable replacement and one I'd be happy with if it came off.
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2305 on: August 12, 2017, 09:10:33 PM »
Surely Stoke will be interested?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2306 on: August 13, 2017, 08:32:45 AM »
Childish attitude. I hope we learn from the Berahino debacle and take the highest offer on the table now instead of dragging it out until the next transfer window and loosing 30% on the current offer.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2307 on: August 13, 2017, 08:41:53 AM »
Strike while irons hot, cut out the cancer, get rid

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2308 on: August 13, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
He'll get his chance , its up to him to take it.
I for one don't want another seaaon of struggling with two options up front.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2309 on: August 13, 2017, 09:15:21 AM »
After being flush for a few years, aren't Malaga now broke?  Hard to see how they will find £20m for Rondon, and the Chinese have reigned it in significantly.

Shame if he is going to let his attitude spoil things here. He isn't a bad player, does a tough job reasonably well without being as clinical as we would like.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2310 on: August 13, 2017, 09:27:50 AM »
I'd like to see Rondon up front with Jrod on the left and Phillips on the right. Jrod has mostly played up front on the left of a front three. It would also mean McClean as much as I like him would be an impact sub .

If Rondon isn't happy then it's obviously time to get rid, in such a small squad, we can't afford to have players who aren't committed .

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2311 on: August 13, 2017, 09:31:01 AM »
An alternative way of looking at it (not saying this is the case, just possible).

Rondon's played pretty much non stop for 2 years since he's been with us. He was left out of one pre season game with Pulis saying Rondon was doing extra work in training so he was left out of that game.

Maybe there's a feeling between management and fitness staff that Rondon will benefit from short spells out of the team (we haven't got enough players to leave him out all together). Maybe it's a different approach to get him a bit sharper when he does play.

Rondon doesn't seem to get injured, doesn't take the offers of extra time off in summer breaks .....obviously doesn't like being left out but we'll see if it pays dividends. It's not necessarily the end of the road for him.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2312 on: August 13, 2017, 09:49:39 AM »

It's to early to make an judgement on Rondon. Was he frustrated at the end of match for missing his chance or coming off the bench late . Neither mean he has a problem with Pulis and his frustration can be taken as a positive that is is unhappy at being dropped and will fight for his place.

I would love to see him and Jay play up front together. Early signs look that Jay could be as good as Berahino when not on drugs.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2313 on: August 13, 2017, 09:58:35 AM »
No need to throw the shirt on the floor like it's rubbish

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2314 on: August 13, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »
Just found that he started follow "WBA" (the club official account) on instagram 1 hour ago, I think he is not going to leave.
The PRIDE of midlands

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2315 on: August 13, 2017, 10:18:04 AM »
Thought Rondon was unlucky with his chance yesterday and at least the keeper had to make a save.

His general demeanour though was the same as the back end of last season, I noticed when he lost the ball or the player he was marking passed the ball, he just lumbered about whereas when Rodriguez was on he was trying to close down the opposition defenders.

If we do sell him we need to get a replacement in first or at least have an agreement with a replacement.

As for his reaction at the end, didn't he have a sulk at Swansea too?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2316 on: August 13, 2017, 10:31:39 AM »
If there is a falling out between player and coach just get rid there is no way back for a player as we all know from experience. However if the player is unhappy but it doesn't trigger a full blown row with Pulis carry on.

However this does highlight a problem around squad depth. No player of any quality will be happy being our 3rd choice striker for any length of time. If it is Rondon we can hold him for a season and then it's probably time to move on.

At best we can hope to have two good strikers but then the minutes have to be split fairly evenly the third is always a bit of a make weight and as for a fourth or fifth choices that some posters seem to think we need pointless.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2317 on: August 13, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »
Much falling out with footballers and coach not good. For someone to throw a shirt in view of supporters is criminal . Get rid. Never rated him anyway. HRK over him any day
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2318 on: August 13, 2017, 11:03:18 AM »
If he did throw his shirt then it's not good......but at least he's upset at not playing as opposed to refusing to play which we are seeing in some places at the moment.

As long as there's no melt down I doubt he'll stay 3rd choice for long....bit of rotation could be healthy. Instead of him trudging through every game, hopefully he'll be hungrier and sharper when he does play.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2319 on: August 13, 2017, 11:04:28 AM »
That's twice he's the shirt now

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2320 on: August 13, 2017, 11:06:07 AM »
A bit over the top all this. Clearly he was just dissappointed not to start the first game of the season.  Nothing wrong with that. We need competition for places so we'd be crazy to let him go. I actually think we'll see a fresher and better Rondon now he doesn't have to play the whole season without a rest.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2321 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08:52 AM »
At the end of the day it's the shirt we all support, it's like a flag of a country if you like.

It disrespectful throwing it on the floor, I would expect a public apology at least, or he
Can f##k right off

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2322 on: August 13, 2017, 12:04:40 PM »
At the end of the day it's the shirt we all support, it's like a flag of a country if you like.

It disrespectful throwing it on the floor, I would expect a public apology at least, or he
Can f##k right off
when it comes to disrespect

I'm a Rondon admirer & think he still has a lot to offer us but I'm with you when it come to anyone who throws our color's on the floor.
I would love him to man up has I think him & Jay could gel really well .

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2323 on: August 13, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »
What do you think these lads do with the shirts when they get in the dressing room? They don't fold them up nicely and place them on the benches? Total overreaction on here to a player that gives his all for the club and was disappointed not to start.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2324 on: August 13, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »
what they do away from the supporters of that shirt doesn't matter