Author Topic: Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise  (Read 47414 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Fortress Hawthorns - Bring the Noise
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2018, 03:40:19 PM »
Clappers? A bit like those grounds where they play some pop song after the home team score. Very tacky.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
I'm fuming about this. Tin pot, along with half scarves and goal music. Reminds me of the likes of Hull, Wigan, Blackpool, Brighton.

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2018, 04:07:47 PM »
I think clappers make the atmosphere WORSE, as fans just flap the stupid things around rather than actually joining in with songs and getting behind the team based on the action on the pitch.

We don't need artificial atmosphere. Mine will be ripped up as soon as I get in the ground. The club can clean up the mess they created
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »
If true they will need to go straight onto the pitch. Absolute joke.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2018, 04:23:57 PM »
so the solution to our problems is "clappers".

Someone needs firing !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2018, 04:28:16 PM »
alright to sit on and keep your backside warm.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2018, 06:52:06 AM »
If true they will need to go straight onto the pitch. Absolute joke.
If true I'm unfortunately too far up the back of the Smethwick to hit the pitch with one and its not fair to rain 'em down on the poor buggers in the front 20 or so  rows  which means I will have to think of some other fiendish way to dispose of it. However the front 20 or 30 rows could probably do as the bluenoses did and rain 'em down on any away team player daft enough to get close.
Hmmmm the lesser albion fans are not too far away to my right perhaps I could gift it to them?
Daft idea in a season rapidly descending into farce
Before anyone gets up on their high horse my tongue is firmly in me cheek pointing out possible safety issues to the idjuts who think playing the Liquidator is a safety issue!!!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:59:34 AM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2018, 07:58:03 AM »
Not impressed with this, cheesy and small time. At least we will be able to spot the Jonny come lately premier league tourist fans.... mine will not be used .... bloody pathetic

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2018, 08:54:20 AM »
I'm not a fan of these clippers, but the club are only trying to help generate a bit more noise. If the fans were more noisy the club would not need to introduce these, half the fans around me are like cardboard cut outs. The least anybody could do would be to shout a bit of encouragement and applaud a good passage of play or a near miss. Come on baggie fans, show your appreciation to the team who are trying to avoid relegation, make some noise.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
I think Mr Lai said he wanted a 'fan' on every seat, unfortunately the buyers at the club went on ebay & ordered what looked like 25'000 fans going cheap.

Seriously though, these clapper things haven't been confirmed by the club as far as I know but if by some sad chance it turns out to be true & you don't want to look like a plank waving it around, just place it calmly under your seat, job done.

Back on topic, a win today would be a massive lift for everyone connected to the 'real' Albion, would be brilliant if we, the fans can really get behind the team & get the old Hawthorns back to when we first went up, 48 points to play for! COYB   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2018, 09:12:04 AM »
My 4 year old will love it, what its all about really

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2018, 10:00:34 AM »
Not impressed with this, cheesy and small time. At least we will be able to spot the Jonny come lately premier league tourist fans.... mine will not be used .... bloody pathetic

They might aswell not bother giving me one because it's going straight in the bin .One decent centre forward is all I want not a piece of plastic .

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2018, 10:28:45 AM »
Vuvuzelas anybody :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2018, 05:06:31 PM »
On the radio and the stream it sounded quality.

Whether you consider it small time or not I couldn't give a monkeys, our last great escape was well supported by T Mobile and that done the trick with all the gimmicks, let each section of the club control what they can, good job done by whoever has sorted this.

I'm not a scarfer and far from a happy clapper, prefer the casual way of life, we haven't got the old school heads anymore so if it takes gimmicks then keep them coming!
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2018, 05:10:16 PM »
Good gate today

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2018, 06:08:03 PM »
Best atmosphere in years, keep the clappers

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2018, 06:13:52 PM »
Say what you like about the clappers, the atmosphere in the ground today was brilliant, before, during and after kick off, it helped that we scored early of course, but that's the best i've heard the places for months, if not years!

I was looking out for the people who said they'd be throwing them on to the pitch if it was true we were getting them, I must have missed it though.  ::)

Not quite sure why you think the club trying to help the crowd get behind the team is "small thinking" or "tinpot" I seem to recall Leicester doing something similar in their prem winning season and many of the "big time charlie's" have done similar things before. Nothing wrong with it and the result spoke for itself today as they were heavily used, even to the point that the always asleep west stand and usually quiet east stand were actually doing more than just being a cardboard cut out in a seat..

I'm more than happy for them to be kept for the moment to help things along atmosphere wise.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:15:52 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2018, 06:16:22 PM »
I was initially unsure but the clappers added to it for me and spurred people on to get involved with the game. The performance then came from that!

Haven't enjoyed a football game that much in years - felt really involved with the game.

COYB!

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2018, 06:20:27 PM »
Best atmosphere in years, keep the clappers

Here here. Mind you an early goal really helped as well.👍

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »
clappers every week if it help create a great atmosphere. I do have an image in my head of some  posters sitting there playing  their face :P
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2018, 06:49:45 PM »
To be honest, I'm thinking that a lot of those calling it "small time" or "tinpot" are more likely to be part of the older generations of fans we have on the board (feel free to correct me of course, I don't know that for a fact, i'm clearly stereotyping grumpy sounding people  ;D) and are not wanting the club to change anything for the sake of change.

But to put it bluntly for those that can't get their heads around it, you have to do stuff like this to get the younger fans on board too. My 8 year old nephew was there for the first time today and as far as he's concerned he got a clapper to make noise, he learnt some songs because the clapper made people sing more often, the fans were brilliant and we won the game!. What more can you want for your first visit to the shrine  :D

Time to move with the times and get on with it, it's an entertainment business at the end of the day (whether we like that definition or not) and if the clappers help (seemingly the majority based on today) our fans feel like they can get more involved in the game then great! More noise in the stadium makes for a better day and we all know it.

Today was great and I hope it's the same at the next home game too. You know it's a going to be a good day when both the east and west stands both actually kicked something off at one point.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:17:30 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2018, 06:51:12 PM »
The clappers need to stay. I can't remember the last time there was an atmosphere like that at the Hawthorns. So enjoyable.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »
Those small time clappers that no one wanted worked wonders today it seems, was more like a stadium instead of a morgue today  ;D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2018, 07:21:03 PM »
I thought I was listening to a Leicester game :). Well done all. Great atmosphere. Not a fan of rappers but if it helps I will bite my lip for a while
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:32:35 PM by WBAinDEVON »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »
No one think the early goal and first win for 5 months was the catalyst? No?

Coincidences do happen folks.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.