Author Topic: 18 Sept 2018 Albion 4 Bristol City 2  (Read 52303 times)

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2018, 05:57:28 PM »
I wonder if Wes will be on the bench

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2018, 06:29:47 PM »
Harper, Leko & Edwards are playing tonight in the PL2 team at Aggborough.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2018, 06:54:52 PM »

subs. Myhill, Bartley, Livermore, Field/Harper, Morrison/Hoolahan, Rodriguez, Burke.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2018, 08:02:25 PM »

subs. Myhill, Bartley, Livermore, Field/Harper, Morrison/Hoolahan, Rodriguez, Burke.
cannot argue with that at all
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2018, 10:03:50 PM »
1-3 I have never seen defending like this and if the same three play again which I think they will City won’t have to do too much for a chance other than put it into our box

We could just as easily win 3 or 4 but I just am not convinced about all this

My god did it get totally ballsed up last year or what

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2018, 10:08:15 PM »
We'll win comfortably as we have far better players which will tell in our home games, it will have little to do with the management who continue to fail when we are truly tested.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2018, 10:14:35 PM »

Barry for Brunt would be my only change to this
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2018, 11:23:17 PM »
Were in 8th position 3 points off 3rd.
There's no pleasing some,what do people expect after what our club,new players,had to reduce wages,doing all the right things to put the club on the safest position in order to protect the club financially so we don't become like some of the teams/clubs who are still struggling after years of constant overspend and debt,joker owners etc etc.
I am proud of what has been achieved so far,so good.
I'm confident were going the right way.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2018, 12:14:55 AM »
Were in 8th position 3 points off 3rd.

So not good enough then so far. Top 6 is a minimum requirement. No club in this league has more resources than we do.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2018, 05:19:57 AM »
Too many on here thought blues away was a foregone conclusion. I think this will be a very hard game. We need to get back to winning ways mind you.

Will hoolahan be in the group?
O Albion we love you

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2018, 09:01:03 AM »
Think this will be a 1-1 draw.

To answer your question above Beechy, listening to DM interview yesterday about the game, he mentions that we can take a good look at Wes' fitness over the next week or so and see how far away he is, I would guess on those comments that he wont be involved tonight, may make the bench the weekend.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2018, 09:16:30 AM »

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2018, 09:25:17 AM »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »
This is the one!

Doubt it's 'the one' given Harper had 90 mins with the U23s yesterday.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2018, 09:30:20 AM »

We all know it won't be the one, but then again not many would select the side our head coach continues to.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2018, 10:17:46 AM »
Too many on here thought blues away was a foregone conclusion. I think this will be a very hard game. We need to get back to winning ways mind you.

That me at the beginning of every game  not just the Blues one.  ;)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »
3,364 remaining now. Bristol have sold just over 1,700 so far. They can pay at the gate but I can't see many doing that. Attendance looks set to be around 22,000.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2018, 11:28:57 AM »

I never think any match is a foregone conclusion, been following the Albion for too long to ever go there :) However, after the Stoke game I was quietly confident that if the team clicked as in periods against Stoke then Blues would not be able to handle us.  As it turns out the performance did mirror the Stoke game, but unfortunately the 20 minutes before half time when Stoke pressed us higher and had our defenders hitting panic buttons and failing to find a colleague with any passes.   

If Bristol City's management team watched the Blues game they will know how to completely nullify us and cause panic at the back.....so this week it's been down to Darren Moore and Jones to coach the players how to play around that kind of formation and press and keep their confidence and belief.  As well as the back three the chosen midfielders also need to better understand their role in what to do when the defenders are put under that kind of pressure, as against Blues Brunt and Livermore were anonymous which surprised me as I thought JL was immense at times against Stoke.  Maybe Barry will start as part of the solution - I just worry about his pace and legs over the 90. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:32:54 AM by Oldbury24 »

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »
Well instead of Barry's legs put Fields younger legs into the team.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2018, 11:36:05 AM »
Put Livermore and Field in cm and the city kid left side of three with Gibbs wing back keep the rest the same .

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2018, 11:39:36 AM »
Well instead of Barry's legs put Fields younger legs into the team.

I would love to see Field in there doing that job, but he is not being picked.   Three managers out of four have decided they don't see enough in him to be trusted in that role.   The one game he was given the shout by Sir GM he looked raw but exciting and I really expected him to push on this season.

I havn't been to the Carabo cup games, just the league, but by all accounts it has been Harper that my mates have suggested is next in line. 

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2018, 11:54:47 AM »
I would love to see Field in there doing that job, but he is not being picked.   Three managers out of four have decided they don't see enough in him to be trusted in that role.   The one game he was given the shout by Sir GM he looked raw but exciting and I really expected him to push on this season.

I havn't been to the Carabo cup games, just the league, but by all accounts it has been Harper that my mates have suggested is next in line.

I think it was Matt Wilson (E&S) who said DM liked the look of Harper more than Field aswell a few weeks ago. That being said Harper played for the under23s last night so cant imagine he will be starting tonight (not that anyone thought he might be).

I would like to at least see Barry playing in the middle tonight (give Brunt a break). I thought we looked a little more reassured when he came on against Blues and his range of passing was better.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2018, 12:01:02 PM »
I think it was Matt Wilson (E&S) who said DM liked the look of Harper more than Field aswell a few weeks ago. That being said Harper played for the under23s last night so cant imagine he will be starting tonight (not that anyone thought he might be).

I would like to at least see Barry playing in the middle tonight (give Brunt a break). I thought we looked a little more reassured when he came on against Blues and his range of passing was better.

I've been no fan of him since his arrival, and he was never the quickest but at least he knows the role and should be adept at creating the space to receive a pass from the back and maybe even provide some leadership.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2018, 12:01:45 PM »
Trouble is guys that Barry and Brunty are like two oil tankers trying to turn,far too slow they're constantlygetting caught with the ball and then havnt the pace to win it back,unless they foul the opponent.
We need more speed in that dept.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2018, 12:05:05 PM »
Maybe being primed to play on Saturday (we can hope)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill