Author Topic: Serge Gnabry returns to Arsenal  (Read 123502 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Serge Gnabry Joins on loan
« Reply #325 on: January 26, 2016, 08:16:09 PM »
From the outside yes I agree it does seem bizarre that we wouldn't want to knock this one on the head, my only guess is we will assess our options at the end of the transfer window and it could be concluded then.

There's a likely chain here.  We sell Berahino (£20m) and then buy Phillips (£7m). That enables us to sell McManaman (£4m) We still need a striker though, which I think may well be Walters (£4m). Would still have £13m left but now look a fair bit stronger.  Can we then find an attacking CM?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2016, 08:19:11 PM »
Would have expected Arsenal would want it ended as much as us so they could sort something out for him to go and get games elsewhere as its clear he'll be wasting a year worth of development here. This loan deal currently doesn't suit either club or the player.

Several Championship clubs should want him on loan.  Maybe we should agree to pay part of his wages for rest of the season to get him loaned to another club.  Would free up most of his wages and free up another loan place for us

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #327 on: January 26, 2016, 08:21:38 PM »
There's a likely chain here.  We sell Berahino (£20m) and then buy Phillips (£7m). That enables us to sell McManaman (£4m) We still need a striker though, which I think may well be Walters (£4m). Would still have £13m left but now look a fair bit stronger.  Can we then find an attacking CM?

Berahino, £20m? Dream on.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #328 on: January 26, 2016, 08:26:49 PM »
Berahino, £20m? Dream on.

I think we'll get it. Spurs opening offer will be around £18m and likely to be more up front than last time.  Think it's looking far likelier after they sold Townsend today and also got Adeboyor's wages off their payroll.  They are desperate for cover for Kane with Clinton Njie injured.  Still think Newcastle and Leicester might pounce, which will stop Levy from trying to be too clever on the offer

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #329 on: January 26, 2016, 08:30:41 PM »
Swap him for Benteke!
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »

;D

Love the optimism, I don't think we'll do any business.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »
;D

Time will tell.  The egos of Levy and Peace are the two biggest barriers

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #332 on: January 27, 2016, 06:22:44 AM »
Time will tell.  The egos of Levy and Peace are the two biggest barriers

I think the biggest barrier is no one in their right mind would stump up the kind of cash we're after for Berahino in this transfer window.
Out of condition, out of form, and out of the team.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2016, 05:47:55 PM »
;D

It's more than optimism, verging on fantasy. I agree with you, Berahino will still be here at the end of the window, and we won't be buying anyone. Fairly sure of it tbh

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #334 on: February 01, 2016, 01:26:22 AM »
Was recalled yesterday afternoon.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #335 on: February 07, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »
I know it's an old article but it is kind of telling about what a waste of a loan this was and you have to question what on earth were Arsenal doing loaning him to us.

It also says a lot about why we get very little entertainment, we stifle attacking play and concentrate on working hard and defending.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-phenomenal-talent-serge-10502317

(Found it searching Ben Garner!)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2019, 09:15:45 PM »
Serge Gnabry responds with two words when asked what went wrong at West Bromwich Albion.

Anyone like to guess the two words?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2019, 09:17:29 PM »
Is it a 4-5 ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »
Sexy Pulis

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2019, 10:01:59 PM »
Saddlers advertising ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2019, 11:54:48 PM »
Well how did things turn out?

Gnabry is now playing regularly for one of the best teams in Europe we are in the Championship and Pulis is unemployed or more accurately waiting for his next victim to stumble into his parasitic grasp.

I am just grateful that that era is over.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #341 on: September 30, 2019, 06:24:15 AM »
Well how did things turn out?

Gnabry is now playing regularly for one of the best teams in Europe we are in the Championship and Pulis is unemployed or more accurately waiting for his next victim to stumble into his parasitic grasp.

I am just grateful that that era is over.

That will probably be Stoke then.

Gnabry, like Greg is a class player, Pulis just didn't know how to use him and was not prepared to give him a chance. Probably 'didn't work aaaard enough'
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #342 on: September 30, 2019, 09:03:11 AM »
Is it a 4-5 ?

Yes, your getting very warm
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Serge Gnabry returns to Arsenal
« Reply #343 on: September 30, 2019, 09:04:10 AM »
Gnabry is indeed a quality player. He also looked disinterested and the best part of a stone overweight compared to what he is now while with us. I don't think the fault for his poor returns here were entirely with Tony Pulis. Thankfully for Serge it appears the penny (or Euro) has dropped for him, I wish him all of the best. I realise it takes two to tango but I can't help thinking it's a pity he didn't appear to apply himself more fully when here.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #344 on: September 30, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
I'm afraid this just underlines what Pulis does to players. He can't recognise genuine skill, or if he can, he makes the player compromise so much, that it takes the edge off what he's best at. If we'd had Messi under Pulis, he'd probably have been in and out the team if he wasn't tracking back into the defensive block. And Messi probably isn't that good at tackling.
l watch alot of German football and Gnabry has everything you want from a striker. I'd love to have seen him managed by Billic.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #345 on: September 30, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »
As I said at the time, what is Wenger's excuse? We only had him on loan after all...

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #346 on: September 30, 2019, 05:16:47 PM »
As I said at the time, what is Wenger's excuse? We only had him on loan after all...
I can understand Wenger wanting to loan him out because of the better quality players at Arsenal. But yes, he should have known better than to loan him out to a club managed by Pulis. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #347 on: October 01, 2019, 10:05:05 PM »
Young Serge has just put 4 past Spurs. Why was he rubbish at the Albion then?  ;D
MAGA!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #348 on: October 01, 2019, 10:08:32 PM »
Young Serge has just put 4 past Spurs. Why was he rubbish at the Albion then?  ;D

Dunno? Why was he rubbish at Arsenal?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #349 on: October 01, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »

When he was here he didn't look anything special, couldn't get near the Arsenal team, maybe his loan spell here gave him the kick up the backside he needed to get his career on track. Easy for players to blame others when sometimes the issue is closer to home for them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill