Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 779168 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #2375 on: March 25, 2017, 09:17:23 AM »
Once there were the Luftwaffe, who sent aircraft laden with incendiary devices to attack our fair land. Fortunately for us the Royal Airforce had Hurricanes and Spitfires to shoot down these aircraft and protect our grand parants. :D

Do we need to sing about it at the football though? I mean plenty have been bemoaning McClean making comments about someone who orchestrated the killing of people. No matter how it is sugar coated, a huge amount of people still died. Not really respectful or clever to be singing about it

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2376 on: March 25, 2017, 09:37:45 AM »
Well said fella

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2377 on: March 25, 2017, 10:49:51 PM »
Do we need to sing about it at the football though? I mean plenty have been bemoaning McClean making comments about someone who orchestrated the killing of people. No matter how it is sugar coated, a huge amount of people still died. Not really respectful or clever to be singing about it

Its football, its tribal.. next you'll be asking to stop the liquidator due to causing Dingles distress or we have to stop singing SOTV.

Another example of the PC brigade taking over the world.
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2378 on: March 26, 2017, 09:34:42 AM »
Leaving for Wembley in about an hour.

My first full international.

Come on England  8) !
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2379 on: March 26, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »
Leaving for Wembley in about an hour.

My first full international.

Come on England  8) !

Have a good one!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2380 on: March 26, 2017, 01:52:05 PM »
Its football, its tribal.. next you'll be asking to stop the liquidator due to causing Dingles distress or we have to stop singing SOTV.

Another example of the PC brigade taking over the world.

It's not though is it?

It's common sense. Why sing about the war and people dying at the football? If we started singing IRA songs I'm sure you'd have a different opinion

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2381 on: March 26, 2017, 06:28:32 PM »
It's not though is it?

It's common sense. Why sing about the war and people dying at the football? If we started singing IRA songs I'm sure you'd have a different opinion

A fun song containing no swear words, factual and the month i spent in Germany for the world cup in 2006, where the song started... The locals thought was fine and some joined in. Modern Germans often take the Mick out their past.

We don't have to sanitizer everything.
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2382 on: March 26, 2017, 06:46:48 PM »
It's not though is it?

I'm not one for PC i find it humourless, regarding the song i don't think their is any malice in the words or any meant by those singing it its just the usual football banter imo.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2383 on: March 26, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »
Win
Qualify
Go out at the group stage
Repeat

;D

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2384 on: March 26, 2017, 07:10:52 PM »
A fun song containing no swear words, factual and the month i spent in Germany for the world cup in 2006, where the song started... The locals thought was fine and some joined in. Modern Germans often take the Mick out their past.

We don't have to sanitizer everything.

But what's it got to do with football?  :-\

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2385 on: March 26, 2017, 07:11:47 PM »
Win
Qualify
Go out at the group stage
Repeat

;D

It's early days in Southgate's career as England manager, but i have to agree with what you say. Dont England always win Qualifiers at a canter.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2386 on: March 26, 2017, 07:25:19 PM »
Southgate doing a cracking job as England manager, I really think we have a chance at next years World Cup. Not many nations with the young talent we have.
the regime don't like it man

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2387 on: March 26, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
Regarding the song, I find it all a bit ridiculous. During the war, men were conscripted to go and kill other humans and if they didn't go they were considered a wimp. Nowadays you're not even allowed to talk/sing about certain subjects, or most subjects in fact, without someone being offended.

Is fawlty towers going to be banned because Basil shouted "Who won the bloody war anyway?!" at a group of Germans?

I'm not pro-singing songs of that nature, but everything just seems to be impossible. No wonder so many people are getting so stressed, there's no possible way to keep up with what's acceptable and what's not.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2388 on: March 27, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »
Southgate doing a cracking job as England manager, I really think we have a chance at next years World Cup. Not many nations with the young talent we have.

Don't get too carried away.
We beat a team ranked 107th in the world as we should do.
I think we're till light years away from challenging for a World Cup or European Championship.
At least Southgate's is giving some of the younger lads a go.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2389 on: March 27, 2017, 11:30:29 AM »
i was a bit bored watching the game yesterday so i decided to go outside and watch the fence dry out and the tomatoes grow
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2390 on: March 27, 2017, 02:19:21 PM »

have I heard that before ?
yes, numerous times over 40years
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2391 on: March 27, 2017, 02:29:08 PM »
Is there anyone out there still bothering with England?

The attendance yesterday reflects the national interest at the moment IMO.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2392 on: March 27, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »
It was a safe performance against nothing more than a pub team. I was totally bored by the second half and even the commentator made a slightly sarcastic quip at the end saying 'there are still 3 minutes to go'.

The plus point for me is that Southgate is putting the team of tomorrow together with the youngsters - I thought that Keane looked promising, but had we been playing a decent team I cannot help but think that we would have been torn a new one.......

We will all be excited when we qualify and get to Russia, but after the second game we can all take the flags off the cars and the bunting down.......:(
MAGA!

Powelly

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2393 on: March 28, 2017, 08:43:01 AM »

I think the attendance (77,690) considering who we were playing on a Sunday evening was a great crowd.

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2394 on: March 28, 2017, 10:33:48 AM »

You don't stop supporting just because they haven't won a trophy. Otherwise we'd all have given up on Albion a long time ago.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2395 on: March 28, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »
I remember when I never used to miss an England game, the pubs would be packed and people on the lash for it.

Interest has cooled for sure

However I'm all for tournament football, love it even if we are rubbish
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2396 on: March 28, 2017, 11:21:32 AM »
You don't stop supporting just because they haven't won a trophy. Otherwise we'd all have given up on Albion a long time ago.

It's nothing to do with a trophy for me, I accept we'll never win a trophy. It's just a general lack of interest, the national side has lost its spark.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2397 on: March 28, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »

People will get interested again when all the hype of the tournament proper starts. The time zone with Russia is not to bad so we should get to see the games at decent times during the next tournament. The Quatar world cup ending in December will be an absolute nightmare and a shame to miss out on the Sun, Beer and Football of world cups previous.

Ironically the Euro 2020 will be held across all of Europe with the Final and Semi-finals held at Wembley celebrating its 60th Birthday right after Brexit should have finished. Perhaps we can deny the Germans there visas if we end up playing them there  ;)
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2398 on: March 31, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »
Bizarrley Englang could benifit long term when we leave the EU. less eu footballers wanting to play in england with all the admin work,work permits etc, could open up spaces for british born footballers to flourish
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:52:36 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2399 on: March 31, 2017, 09:43:47 AM »
Bizarrley Englang could benifit long term when we leave the EU. less eu footballers wanting to play in england with all the admin work, could open up spaces for british born footballers to flourish

Hmm that is a very good point.
the regime don't like it man