Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2231267 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #6950 on: February 14, 2017, 11:06:19 PM »
The sooner they accept their position then the sooner they can move on and start again. On the forums they keep saying there's a cancer at the club or it's rotten to the core. There's been mass changes to the personnel from the owner, to the players and the manager. The constant is the fans. They are the rotten cancer. It's not a God given right to beat Ipswich or Barnsley at home and they need stop booing or huffing and sighing after 15 minutes. When does that booing stop? This season, next season or the one after that?

Not for a very, very long time; if ever hopefully.

SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6951 on: February 14, 2017, 11:34:53 PM »
I'd just like to point out that we have more points than them after 6 fewer games and, oh yeah, in the league above them!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6952 on: February 15, 2017, 12:50:52 AM »
The sooner they accept their position then the sooner they can move on and start again. On the forums they keep saying there's a cancer at the club or it's rotten to the core. There's been mass changes to the personnel from the owner, to the players and the manager. The constant is the fans. They are the rotten cancer. It's not a God given right to beat Ipswich or Barnsley at home and they need stop booing or huffing and sighing after 15 minutes. When does that booing stop? This season, next season or the one after that?

That sums it up for me, the fans, the club and whoever plays for them have this perception that they are one of the biggest clubs in the country. The arrogance of some of their fans about looking forward to the championship so they can get back to winning games is quite frankly embarrassing. When a new player signs or manager joins it's always it's a honour to join such a big club!!! The longer they are down there the longer the rot will set in. From somebody who grew up in erdington surrounded by villa, having there former glory pushed in my face I hope the bloody cancer is terminal SOTV!!!!!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6953 on: February 15, 2017, 06:42:09 AM »
They are 19 points of 6th place with 15 games left.
They've blown it this season having spent 60 million.
They've got 2 more parachutes left.
They are 16th in the chumps league.
Crowds diminishing.
But hey they are a massive club! That could be playing in the 3rd division again soon.
Happy days.

In reality only one parachute season left.  It reduces drastically to £13m in the third year.  It's next year or never.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6954 on: February 15, 2017, 06:45:56 AM »
Oh well chaps looks like li'l old Albion will still be the only West Midland representative in the Premier League next season  ;D ;D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6955 on: February 15, 2017, 08:19:48 AM »
We know what we are....Pride of the Midlands....
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6956 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:05 AM »
Maybe they might even go down again... you would have to be really mean to hope for that... :D :D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6957 on: February 15, 2017, 10:09:21 AM »
Maybe they might even go down again... you would have to be really mean to hope for that... :D :D

I can live with that stigma
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #6958 on: February 15, 2017, 10:14:38 AM »
I've just been reading again about the Leeds United saga - when they went into administration.
Top club, vying for a European place - things started to go wrong and they were relegated.
They ploughed money into transfers, gambling on a quick return to the top flight.
As we know, it all went pear-shaped and the club nearly went out of business.

Fast forward to the present day - could it happen again?
Wasted £60 million on transfers; parachute payments barely covering a phenomenal wage bill; falling crowds; player apathy.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6959 on: February 15, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »
I've just been reading again about the Leeds United saga - when they went into administration.
Top club, vying for a European place - things started to go wrong and they were relegated.
They ploughed money into transfers, gambling on a quick return to the top flight.
As we know, it all went pear-shaped and the club nearly went out of business.

Fast forward to the present day - could it happen again?
Wasted £60 million on transfers; parachute payments barely covering a phenomenal wage bill; falling crowds; player apathy.

S##t or bust next season i reckon the amount of money swilling around the Premier is making the gap wider even a muti millionaire seems small fry today when one decent player can cost in excess of £20 million plus his wages.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6960 on: February 15, 2017, 10:46:09 AM »
Villa fans should stop being so selfish, yes 30k of them suffering but the rest of the country are having a great time at their expense.

I think as someone said above the problem lies in their perception of themselves, nobody expect Villa fans see them as a football force and havent done for a long time.

Its okay banging on about history, yes they won the european cup, fair play to them and if we did it i would be very proud, but they have never been a european force, they had that great night (which wish we had) but other than that, very little, its interesting they dont really talk to much about their european successes in front of Liverpool and Man United fans, wonder why that is!

Sadly most of my mates are Villa fans and there is a definite split, half are sensible, realistic, etc and the other half are, well, Villa fans! The ones who talk sense knew that it was going to be a tough season and they had no right to go straight up, the others though every team couldnt believe they were going to get to play Villa, thats the wrong attitude.

Yes Burton, Rotherham, etc and clubs of that ilk Villa is a big game because they havent played them much or at all on a league basis, clubs like Leeds, Forest, Derby, etc couldnt give a toss about playing Villa because they are a nothing club, would be the same if we went down, most clubs wouldnt be walking round with a boner because Albion were coming to town.

Some of the comments last night were hideous, along the lines of they shouldnt even be playing the likes of Barnsley, let alone losing to them, they need to accept they had been s**t for a long time and eventually last season caught up with them, they didnt have one bad game and got relegated, its been on the cards for ages.

Football is in cycles, in the 50's Albion and Wolves were two of the big boys, before that it was Burnley, Blackburn, Preston, etc 80's Liverpool, 90's Man United, 2000's Chelsea and Arsenal, the last few years Man City, the difference is in the last 30 years since Villa won the european cup, all those clubs above have competed for trophies, been around the top of the league on a regular basis, got into europe, Villa  never kicked on from that cup win.

I think given time Steve Bruce will sort them out, he will steady the ship, in time get them competitive and probably promoted, however i hope the Dr is getting twitchy fingers and sacks him and gets a Sven or Avram Grant in!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6961 on: February 15, 2017, 11:37:41 AM »
I haven't posted in this thread to date, but with last nights result, I have to pass my judgement at how abysmal the Villa have been this season considering the investment that Dr. Tony has pumped into the club in his 6 months or so in charge, it is quite staggering.

They ransacked that Barnsley team in January, stripping it of it's best player and promising right back, they also lost Sam Winnall to Sheff Wed and they somehow contrived to lose 3-1 to them?!

To be so far off the play offs at this stage of the season considering their budget which must be second only to Newcastle. I could think of nothing more satisfying than to see Dr. Tony pull out, the parachute payments run out and they end up in the Portsmouth position in League Two in a few seasons. I would usually feel sympathy for any club in such a plight, but with the Villa it is impossible to have any sympathy as the level of arrogance their fans continue to show is quite eye opening. Any other club may have been humbled by their last few seasons, but not the Villa lot, they continue to think they are the big boys and this is a mere holiday for them, I would the reality check to seriously hit them, they fully deserve it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6962 on: February 15, 2017, 12:53:27 PM »
I haven't posted in this thread to date, but with last nights result, I have to pass my judgement at how abysmal the Villa have been this season considering the investment that Dr. Tony has pumped into the club in his 6 months or so in charge, it is quite staggering.

They ransacked that Barnsley team in January, stripping it of it's best player and promising right back, they also lost Sam Winnall to Sheff Wed and they somehow contrived to lose 3-1 to them?!

To be so far off the play offs at this stage of the season considering their budget which must be second only to Newcastle. I could think of nothing more satisfying than to see Dr. Tony pull out, the parachute payments run out and they end up in the Portsmouth position in League Two in a few seasons. I would usually feel sympathy for any club in such a plight, but with the Villa it is impossible to have any sympathy as the level of arrogance their fans continue to show is quite eye opening. Any other club may have been humbled by their last few seasons, but not the Villa lot, they continue to think they are the big boys and this is a mere holiday for them, I would the reality check to seriously hit them, they fully deserve it.

Sorry, i have to totally disagree, Vile fans NEED to continue in their delusions, this is a (if not THE) major contributor to the demise of that horrible club.
Anything repeat anything which means that they get a grip on reality and accept their fate is a BAD thing!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6963 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:51 PM »
Sorry, i have to totally disagree, Vile fans NEED to continue in their delusions, this is a (if not THE) major contributor to the demise of that horrible club.
Anything repeat anything which means that they get a grip on reality and accept their fate is a BAD thing!

Agreed.

It's so funny telling them we were right about them and their club all along  :) .

Long may their demise continue.

SOTV  8) .

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6964 on: February 15, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »
A big club who won the european cup Did`nt Forest win it twice and look at them now Vile are heading down the same road no god given right to be in the premiership or the chumpionship and an owner that can`t keep his Gob shut

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6965 on: February 15, 2017, 01:43:10 PM »
from Heroes and Villains;

""I think languishing in the lower reaches of tier two is tremendously exciting. Especially when one minute you could be getting your ass handed to you on a plate by Brentford or thrashing Burton Albion 2-1 the next. This could never have been possible years ago with a well run club housing talented footballers. I also revel in the fact we are the laughing stock of domestic football and an easy target for any fan who wants to take the urine, or worse, ask that ******* banal question "What's going on with Villa"? I revel in it because I know in as short a time as a couple of decades we will be back at the top table, mundanely dishing out beatings to anyone bar the top eight. ""

I thought that was quite amusing

Gallows humour, self depreciation, sarcasm aimed at themselves...is some form of humility taking a hold?

I'm not holding my breath.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6966 on: February 15, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
from Heroes and Villains;

""I think languishing in the lower reaches of tier two is tremendously exciting. Especially when one minute you could be getting your ass handed to you on a plate by Brentford or thrashing Burton Albion 2-1 the next. This could never have been possible years ago with a well run club housing talented footballers. I also revel in the fact we are the laughing stock of domestic football and an easy target for any fan who wants to take the urine, or worse, ask that ******* banal question "What's going on with Villa"? I revel in it because I know in as short a time as a couple of decades we will be back at the top table, mundanely dishing out beatings to anyone bar the top eight. ""

I thought that was quite amusing

Gallows humour, self depreciation, sarcasm aimed at themselves...is some form of humility taking a hold?

I'm not holding my breath.

Acceptance is one of the first steps to recovery!

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6967 on: February 15, 2017, 01:48:08 PM »
Taken of another Board
 Something to lift the mood a little on a cold February morning.....Here's a nice selection of quotes concerning last nights performance taken from Heroes & Villans Board

We've changed everything, including the fu***** owner and we're apparently as bad as ever

We might need to bulldoze Villa Park at this point. Everything else is different except the ground. Or maybe it's the fu**** badge. I'm lost for why it's so sh%t.

Bruce out. F***** shambles.

We could actually put a pork pie in charge and probably get a draw every now and then

Almost impossible to be this sh%t. I am actually beginning to believe in a curse.

F*** off Potato head.

The team should be running out to embarrassment by Madness.

And finally.....

F*** off Aston Villa.
You've worn me down I couldn't give a f*** any more after 55 years support.
Turn off the lights.
Welcome to the Third Division

But they did win the European cup

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6968 on: February 15, 2017, 01:55:47 PM »
Hey guys,ive just had a quick look at the heroes and villains myself and they  seem to think that if they can get to 50 points they will be safe from relegation.
So they need 14 points from 15 games,will they do it?
I hope not.

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6969 on: February 15, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »
The main problem I see is that recruitment is wrong. They seem to target "star" players from other Championship clubs, using their money to pull them away.  Having one or two of these players at a club is generally good, as it gives you options to play with when it, but if your entire side is full of these players, then there is no-one doing the grunt work that is desperately needed at any club, regardless of the level you're playing at. 

The Championship schedule is pretty demanding, and doesn't leave a lot of time to organise a team when you've brought in vast numbers. They're always going to be put under a lot of pressure given the amount of money spent, so players are being rushed into games without knowing how to actually play together, and this is without the amount of expectation the fans put upon the team on a normal day.

The sooner their fans accept the situation, the easier it will get for them. I don't think it's going to end well for them
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

nick_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6970 on: February 15, 2017, 02:13:19 PM »
Hey guys,ive just had a quick look at the heroes and villains myself and they  seem to think that if they can get to 50 points they will be safe from relegation.
So they need 14 points from 15 games,will they do it?
I hope not.

50 points pretty much guarantees survival in the Championship. I can see them getting that, but it will still be a bottom half finish and an awful season for them.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6971 on: February 15, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »
50 points pretty much guarantees survival in the Championship. I can see them getting that, but it will still be a bottom half finish and an awful season for them.

Sadly I believe this will prove correct in Villa's case.

That said, Peterborough went down with 54 points as recently as 2013  ;D  ;) .

Never, ever give up and always SOTV  8) .

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6972 on: February 15, 2017, 02:51:31 PM »
Not sure if this has been shared bit it makes me smile. Ex villa players being rescued by the mighty Burnley.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38930981
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6973 on: February 15, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
Apologies if this has already been posted, but I've just stumbled across the Villa Fan Cam from last night.

I nearly did a Villa........... (SOTV  8) ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZF97qnBw74

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6974 on: February 15, 2017, 08:22:37 PM »
Is Bruce another McLeish?
Both ex-Blues managers.
 ::)