Author Topic: Prem Money and Parachute payments  (Read 1623 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Prem Money and Parachute payments
« on: May 27, 2018, 06:56:50 PM »
Bit of a confusing area this. I've heard people on here and in the media saying that Villa's payments have ended this season but from what I've been able to find it seems they had £41m in payments last year, 33 this year and will get £15m next year.

I'm also confused by our position. I assume we would get the 'prize' money from the premier league for being in the league this season. From memory I think it's something like £90m for finishing bottom. Now, do we get that at the start of the 2017-18 season (with potential extra place money paid at the end) ? OR do we get it now at the end of the season ? I was assuming at the end but maybe it's paid at the start to allow the promoted clubs to strengthen ?

If it was paid at the end of the season (now) why would we get the parachute money as well ?
Anyone know the exact position ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Prem Money and Parachute payments
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 07:13:58 PM »
The £90m includes TV money which is paid in instalments through out the season. So we’ve already had it and it’s accounted for by the wages from this season.

I assume we get our final position money as a lump sum at the end.

The £46m parachute payment for next season will be paid in instalments and likewise will be budgeted by us as such.

It’s all accounting stuff really.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »
OK cheers - makes sense. So Villa will be getting £15m this coming season.

I was also wondering about the changes that were made fairly recently and it sounds like that any teams that get promoted but come straight back down in the first year only get two years parachutes and not the usual 3.

So if Wolves came straight back down.....
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 09:32:02 PM »
I think Villa are f***ed aren’t they? Broke FFP to try and get up and that has failed, now they have effectively lost their parachute payments.