Author Topic: 2 Jan 2018 West Ham 2 Albion 1  (Read 72393 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #450 on: January 02, 2018, 10:13:44 PM »
You are getting boring now, it really does appear that you want us to lose every game just so you can say your dad Pullis wasn’t to blame.

Cut the childish comments please, getting sick of it now, maybe time to start cracking down and issuing a few 7 days bans for starter.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #451 on: January 02, 2018, 10:14:15 PM »

Foster made 5 top saves, Adrian made none. I don't see how anyone thinks this was a good performance.

We created enough chances to have comfortably won that game. Not just the 2 or 3 chances we got previously when Pulis moaned about not taking all of them. We are now trying to control the midfield and build attacks from there. The only real problem is finishing.
I just hope we don't run out of time. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #452 on: January 02, 2018, 10:14:48 PM »
Played stoke who had the worst defence in league, conceded 3.

Played Swansea who have scored least in league, lost 1-0.

Played West Ham who haven’t won a game from a losing position, lose 2-1.

Championship here we come.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #453 on: January 02, 2018, 10:15:14 PM »
Any bunch of people at a 'proffesional level who cant get right what they are extremely well paid for in 20 attempts should be ashamed of themselves. In any other profession, the whole f££££ng lot would have been replaced long before now
He's a lad from the Wrenna

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #454 on: January 02, 2018, 10:15:58 PM »
The fat lady is singing her head off, we are down. Wish the season would just end now. Don't mind relegation but the fact that we may not win another game or reach 30 points will hurt like hell.

nogin

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #455 on: January 02, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »
Some overreactions on here. The game was on a knife edge and could literally have gone either way. As a team we are as good as West Ham, except their strikers are that little bit more clinical. Rondon had a very good game today (and I'm not his greatest fan), but we still need an extra clinical finisher.
Was you watching the same game as me ??? Foster made 5 saves which were excellent saves and kept us in the game. Dont remember Adrian having to make that many saves from us. The team lacks pace in every department Burke has got pace but no end product poor decision making in what to do with the ball. You could hear Pardew and others shouting at him when to run and what to do. Yes Rondon played well but no support on pace around him to knock it on to and no pace behind him to get up and support him. Barry knock a pass back 70 yards with minutes to go because he had got no legs to run it into the corner or anyone else around him who had enough ball control to hold it up.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #456 on: January 02, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »

Foster made 5 top saves, Adrian made none. I don't see how anyone thinks this was a good performance.
watched game tonight and there was nothing between teams a draw would of been a fair result, one team having a weeks break and playing at home while another had 48 hours preparation and a journey to london

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #457 on: January 02, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »
Was you watching the same game as me ??? Foster made 5 saves which were excellent saves and kept us in the game. Dont remember Adrian having to make that many saves from us. The team lacks pace in every department Burke has got pace but no end product poor decision making in what to do with the ball. You could hear Pardew and others shouting at him when to run and what to do. Yes Rondon played well but no support on pace around him to knock it on to and no pace behind him to get up and support him. Barry knock a pass back 70 yards with minutes to go because he had got no legs to run it into the corner or anyone else around him who had enough ball control to hold it up.

Only because we failed to hit the target. When people talk about Greg being on too much, Barry is no different.

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #458 on: January 02, 2018, 10:33:50 PM »
We have probably two premier league standard attacking midfielders in Phillips and chadli. If they don't play, we don't create, we don't score. That's what will take us down. Hrk and McLean just lack the quality in and around the box.

Defensively we didn't deal with Carroll tonight, no idea why we didn't get hegazi to man Mark him, but it's a little late for that. Gibbs might have been at fault for the last goal, but playing two games in two days when he's expected to be up and down the entire pitch, not entirely surprised he wasn't there at the death when we needed him most.

Gutting at the end to lose like that. Re the livermore incident, looked like he walked up to the crowd before he was dragged away by stewards.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #459 on: January 02, 2018, 10:40:08 PM »
Been out and only just seen the final goal. How have we let ourselves get so open with 1 minute to go?!

He/him

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #460 on: January 02, 2018, 10:42:00 PM »
Been out and only just seen the final goal. How have we let ourselves get so open with 1 minute to go?!
Trying to win it , I was screaming for Burke to go into the corner....

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

cidhawk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #461 on: January 02, 2018, 10:42:55 PM »
Trying to win it , I was screaming for Burke to go into the corner....
Pardew just said the same in his interview...

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #462 on: January 02, 2018, 10:47:06 PM »
Pardew just said the same in his interview...
A point would have done going into Brighton after Arsenal Imo.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #463 on: January 02, 2018, 10:50:17 PM »
We have probably two premier league standard attacking midfielders in Phillips and chadli. If they don't play, we don't create, we don't score. That's what will take us down. Hrk and McLean just lack the quality in and around the box.

But thats the thing mate, we HAVE created tonight and yet again our players cant score in a brothel !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #464 on: January 02, 2018, 10:52:28 PM »
A point would have done going into Brighton after Arsenal Imo.
That's what I thought,keep in the pack and sort the squad out now the Windows open.

cidhawk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #465 on: January 02, 2018, 10:56:35 PM »
That's what I thought,keep in the pack and sort the squad out now the Windows open.
Yes agreed a point would have kept us within three points of 17th place as it is even a win wouldn't get us out of the relegation places

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #466 on: January 02, 2018, 11:25:47 PM »
But thats the thing mate, we HAVE created tonight and yet again our players cant score in a brothel !!

Bar the chance for Burke, which was guilt edged I really don't think we did. The amount of times we got in and around their box and our delivery was awful was embarrassing.

I agree though, when we do actually create I still wouldn't back any of our players to score.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #467 on: January 02, 2018, 11:44:05 PM »
This season just keeps on giving honestly. Could almost have shed a tear tonight because once again we've lost again we should've taken probably 3 points from. How many friggin times. I just expect us to lose in away games this year but when we go down im worried we will just stagnate. There's no sparks in our side, I like Burke, Phillips and chadli but they don't have enough to win games. Wolves killing the championship. This season is rubbish, absolute rubbish

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #468 on: January 03, 2018, 06:22:18 AM »
Why did we change our side of attack?
We had them beat on the left, we changed to the right for the second half.
Noble came on, but we still had them beat on the left.
We played to their advantages.
Their attacks came down our right hand side, and we know what happened there.
We had speed on the left and were very sluggish on the right.
Kanu was more on the right wing rather than even in the middle.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #469 on: January 03, 2018, 02:44:44 PM »
Haven't had time to read the whole thread so apologies in advance.

Just wondered if anyone knows the whereabouts of Kieran Gibbs?

Couldn't see him anywhere in the mix for their second goal last night.

Best not still be wandering around Pudding Lane looking for the coach back.

Hope he's got some sandwiches with him.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #470 on: January 04, 2018, 09:08:10 AM »
Our defence was rubbish throughout the match.
Evans has to shoulder the blame. He was supposed to be in control.
If it hadn't been for Fozzie, we could have had been at least four or five goals down.