Author Topic: Away Support  (Read 4639 times)

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

Away Support
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:00:25 PM »
What on earth has happened to our following?

Embarrassing lowly amount on show tonight.

Sad times. I for one need to get along to more and will as of now onwards, but incredibly poor tonight.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Away Support
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:01:45 PM »
It is Monday night to be fair. If I went I'd be back home well after midnight with work tomorrow

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 10:01:40 PM »
What on earth has happened to our following?

Embarrassing lowly amount on show tonight.

Sad times. I for one need to get along to more and will as of now onwards, but incredibly poor tonight.

And yet outsung the home support throughout

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »
Definitely gone downhill, 4,500 we took there in midweek a few years ago in the cup. Good vocally though

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 11:22:24 PM »
Well done to those who went, top class.
the regime don't like it man

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:58 PM »
Leicester didn't exactly sell out either and they won the league the season before last!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 11:25:40 PM »
Leicester didn't exactly sell out either and they won the league the season before last!

Pulis must be their manager too
the regime don't like it man

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 12:57:02 PM »
Well done to those who went, top class.

Had a cracking afternoon/evening out with the lads.

Good time was had.

Roll on Saturday.

COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 01:28:15 PM »
Apart from the you know what song i thought you all did splendidly on the night with your vocals
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:30:09 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 02:43:27 PM »
How many did we take to Leicester?

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 03:04:55 PM »
I would guess 800-900 at most.

Not knocking the people that went, they were fantastic. Im concerned though at the ever decreasing numbers we are taking away.

Appreciate there are differentiating factors, but surely there is something we as a fanbase can do to improve this.

I am going to more to give my help to this! about time we reverted back to what we were between 2000-2012.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »
I would guess 800-900 at most.

Not knocking the people that went, they were fantastic. Im concerned though at the ever decreasing numbers we are taking away.

Appreciate there are differentiating factors, but surely there is something we as a fanbase can do to improve this.

I am going to more to give my help to this! about time we reverted back to what we were between 2000-2012.

Well we were allocated 1,300 with another block then opened up for us in the past week or so, the original blocks were full and a few in the new block opened up so I would say there were around 1,400 of us there Monday night.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »
Well we were allocated 1,300 with another block then opened up for us in the past week or so, the original blocks were full and a few in the new block opened up so I would say there were around 1,400 of us there Monday night.
My brother said we had 2 sections less than most clubs (the one on the end) and we didn't fill what we were allocated. Full away allocation at kingpower is 3,000, it extends around into area adjoining family stand, Aer kid was shocked how few we took. As stated above those that went made significantly more noise than the leicester fans.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 07:17:39 PM »
My brother said we had 2 sections less than most clubs (the one on the end) and we didn't fill what we were allocated. Full away allocation at kingpower is 3,000, it extends around into area adjoining family stand, Aer kid was shocked how few we took. As stated above those that went made significantly more noise than the leicester fans.

Didn't they also have those clapper things too?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 09:29:08 PM »
Been rubbish for years

And some of you moan about the club taking the smaller allocations

We just about manage to sell the small allocation out..!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 11:44:03 PM »
I think it's down to entertainment value. £30 isn't the most expensive ticket.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »
I think it's down to entertainment value. £30 isn't the most expensive ticket.

Saw a tweet from 2013 where we took less than 600 to 4 consecutive PL away matches... Pre Pulis.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 12:50:04 AM »

Saw a tweet from 2013 where we took less than 600 to 4 consecutive PL away matches... Pre Pulis.

Not saying it's pulis. Just saying in general. Also, people are getting disillusioned with how much money players are earning for doing what...?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 06:36:25 AM »
From a personal perspective evening kick offs even at the Hawthorns are difficult to make and most away trips are nigh on impossible for me so in truth I wouldn't have gone on Monday night pre Pulis. However the same fixture on a Saturday I'd have probably made the trip now I almost certainly wouldn't .
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »
My mate who is a Blues fan went Monday with another mate of his who is an Albion fan.

He tends to go to 2 or 3 aways and 2 or 3 home Albion games a season as he has a soft spot for us, his mate goes to most away games.

I spoke to him Tuesday and he said the atmosphere created by the Albion fans during the game was brilliant, he said he really enjoyed it, what he was shocked about was the ill feeling before and after the game towards Pulis.

I have told him previously i like Pulis and think if he just lets the handbrake off he will win over a lot of fans but even he was shocked at how negative the fans seem to be towards him, he said fair play though it was put to one side during the game.

He also couldnt believe why we didnt go in for the kill against Leicester after going a goal up, he said you could sense the whole ground knew they were there for the taking, and i pointed out that exact reason why a lot of fans are negative towards Pulis, just always feel we are holding back when we dont need to.

Personally i think a few tweaks with a more positive approach and i think opinion will change a lot on Pulis, he has done a good job so far in that he has steadied us, brought in some very good footballers, reduced the age of the squad and i just think if he allows us to be more positive, i think we will still get similar points totals (hopefully increasing gradually each year) but the way we get them will in itself create a more positive feeling which will hopefully increase numbers of support both home and away.

I really dont think we are far away from been an exciting team to watch with the players Pulis has signed.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 10:46:27 AM »
And yet we only have 85 tickets left for Hulddersfield out of an allocation of 2,340.

Maybe the novelty of going to a new Premier club like Brighton when we sold out.

Last time I went to Huddersfield (the new ground) neither of my boys were born and the eldest is 19 now.

Going with my youngest who is 15 and looking forward to it.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »
Was the newly built McAlpine when I last went and we had Jimmy Quinn in the side.