Author Topic: 27 Aug 2017 Albion 1 Stoke City 1  (Read 42527 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ratings
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2017, 09:43:57 AM »
Foster 6 - Lost his clean sheet record, had little to do other than the goal

Brunt 6  - Thought his corners were poor. We had 10 in total and didn't really create any good chances. Has also started resorting to just hoofing it aimlessly without even looking up

Hegazi 6 - Had a good game up until the goal. If he clears it, we probably end up winning.

Dawson 7 - Similar to Hegazi, won pretty much everything in the air and was tidy with distribution. Didn't make a mistake that cost us the 3 points.

Nyom 7 - Got up and down the pitch, made a few decent tackles. Always worried that he's going to give a free kick away or lose his head. Great ball for the goal.

Phillips 6 - Very quiet game, couldn't take on his man enough. Like Brunt, wasn't effective from corners.

Barry 7 - As mentioned in another thread I honestly forgot he was on the pitch first half. Pretty solid second half, and knocked it around nicely.

Morrison 5 - Should have been replaced at half time for me. Didn't really offer anything going forward or defensively. Seemed a yard off the pace.

Livermore 6 - Nothing special this week. Tidy in possession. I think a lot is being made over nothing about missing a through ball opportunity.

Rodriguez 8 - Great finish for the goal. Would be nice to play him as a striker, as it's clear he's got the quality and knows where the goal is.

Rondon 6 - Won his fair share of tussles with the defenders, confidence still looks shot. Didn't look like scoring the whole game.

McClean 5 - Didn't really impact the game. Would have brought him on earlier, but not for Phillips. Think we'd have been better taking off Rodriguez or Rondon for him, and playing with two actual wingers and a striker in the middle. Was a bit puzzled when we took off Phillips if I'm honest.

Yacob 5 - As above, didn't really affect anything. Had a comedy shot that didn't make it to the goal line, but other than that forgot he was on the pitch too.

Burke N/A - Not enough time to make an impression. Looked as though his adrenaline was pumping as he fell over and then tangled himself up the only time he had the ball.

Not really sure there were too many stand out performers for me, but the MotM goes to Rodriguez for his goal.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2017, 10:21:05 AM »
Foster 7

Nyom 7
Dawson 7
Hegazy 5
Brunt 7

Barry 8
Livermore 4
Phillips 6
Morrison 5
Rodriguez 7

Rondon 7

Subs

Yacob 6
McClean 6
Burke n/a

TP - 4

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2017, 11:54:36 AM »
Foster 7 great save from Zouma deflected shot in first half, nothing else to do really, can't fault him for the goal.

Nyom 7 decent ball in the box for the goal, looked much better defending.

Dawson 7 Solid and dependable.

Hagazi 6 error for goal but otherwise was good.

Brunt 7 looked solid defensively, especially against the diving Choupo-Moting but dead balls were poor pretty much all game.

Barry 7 calm and assured, decent passing, solid.

Livermore 6 broke up play a couple of times and looked to get us forward. No pace and his passing was off at times.

Morrison 6 Didn't have much of an impact on the game but the little he did was tidy. A lot of the time the ball was played over him, would have preferred us to try and get him more involved. Needs games to get sharp.

Phillips 5  started well enough but faded badly. Didn't look to take his man on that much either. Dead balls poor as well.

Rodriguez 7 busy, pressed Stoke defenders in first half, took his goal well. Periphery of the game after scoring though. Would have moved him to the centre and taken Rondon off.

Rondon 6. Started well, closing down and putting the Stoke defenders under pressure, faded quickly and was back to the Rondon of old, last minute shot that went out for a throw summed it up for me. Should have gone off instead of Rodriguez

Yacob 6 was okay, did what he does.

McClean 6 Should have been brought on a lot earlier, with his pace he gives us an out which is needed when we try and defend a lead.

Burke. not enough time to warrant a score. Should have been brought on along with McClean then we would have had pace down both flanks.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Score prediction
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2017, 03:24:54 PM »
and the winner is. many correct this week
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:32:16 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2017, 04:11:11 PM »
2 on the trot for me !  :o
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2017, 04:58:18 PM »
Had 1-1 all over it that one in fairness

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »
Had 1-1 all over it that one in fairness

kiss on my parade then why don't you ? :-*
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!