West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Match Officials  (Read 560 times)

Offline Powelly

• Reserve Baggie
Match Officials
« on: February 10, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »
West Ham United v West Bromwich Albion
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: S Bennett, M McDonough
Fourth official: K Stroud

https://www.premierleague.com/news/326971

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
Re: Match Officials
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 10:32:13 AM »
West Ham United v West Bromwich Albion
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: S Bennett, M McDonough
Fourth official: K Stroud

https://www.premierleague.com/news/326971

No complaints.  Though Blackpool still grates.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Powelly

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 11:44:19 AM »
No complaints.  Though Blackpool still grates.

At the game I thought Jara's was a fair tackle, until I got home and saw the highlights  :-[

Offline TheBrom

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 02:38:38 PM »
His stats reffing our games:

We're his 3rd highest reffed team (seem to remember that Blackpool game was his first in charge), with 23 games.

We've won 7, drawn 9, lost 7 when he's refereed. I know they probably mean nothing, and I just post the stats out of boredom, but from posting most referee stats each week, our record with Oliver does seem worse than the others.

He's given us 38 yellows (1.7 per game) and 2 straight reds (think they were both in the Blackpool game?), and also awarded us 5 penalties

He's given our opponents 34 yellows, 2 straight reds and awarded 3 penalties against us.

Offline iwastherein68

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 12:40:39 AM »
Has become a good referee. Got everything right today, despite what Bilic said about him, Bilic should get a touchline ban for his behaviour today.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline wobbs68

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 09:52:21 AM »
Agree.  One of the best referees who Bilic and his team were trying to bully and intimidate.

Offline TheBrom

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »
Their assistant running down the touchline to shout at the linesman was a disgrace

Offline B_H_Baggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 01:05:17 PM »
Their assistant running down the touchline to shout at the linesman was a disgrace

Couldn't believe he did that it was disgusting and Bilic wasn't much better and should have been sent to the stands long before he actually got his marching orders. Lost some respect for Bilic yesterday with his antics especially seeing how Oliver got the big calls right, I won't hold my breath but I genuinely feel he owes Oliver a public apology.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline TheBrom

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 01:20:42 PM »
Couldn't believe he did that it was disgusting and Bilic wasn't much better and should have been sent to the stands long before he actually got his marching orders. Lost some respect for Bilic yesterday with his antics especially seeing how Oliver got the big calls right, I won't hold my breath but I genuinely feel he owes Oliver a public apology.

Was real Sunday league stuff

Offline alex1

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 01:32:35 PM »
Did the right thing in sending Billic and his assistant packing. Pretty disgraceful for 2 members of the West Ham staff to be sent to the stands.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline wodenson46

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »
Capital bias again. They, like most of the london clubs at home do not very often get too many controversial decisions go against them, maybe a couple every season or so where it might cost them a point.  Seems that this time the officials were either perfectly correct for the offside/foul on the keeper disallowed goal, fify/fifty on the tackle which led to our first goal, and possibly made a mistake for a throw in which could have eventually led to the corner from which we scored the equaliser. We must have paid them officials to give these three decisions in favour of little old West Bromwich Albion because it ain't wot we am used to generally is it?

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 09:03:34 PM »
That assistant was a joke. Stood talking down the lino's hear for a good minute at least before being given his marching orders. Then of course Mark Noble has to chirp up at every given opportunity.

Bilic is a complete and utter tit.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline botters

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 08:51:59 AM »
Capital bias again. They, like most of the london clubs at home do not very often get too many controversial decisions go against them, maybe a couple every season or so where it might cost them a point.  Seems that this time the officials were either perfectly correct for the offside/foul on the keeper disallowed goal, fify/fifty on the tackle which led to our first goal, and possibly made a mistake for a throw in which could have eventually led to the corner from which we scored the equaliser. We must have paid them officials to give these three decisions in favour of little old West Bromwich Albion because it ain't wot we am used to generally is it?

No he didn't make a mistake about the throw in on replays it showed that the West Ham player clearly touched the ball. So Bilic was wrong about that too.

Offline brummyroader

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 11:06:00 PM »
Obiang should've been shown a second yellow for his tackle on Rondon second half.

Offline AlbionBest

• WBA Coach
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 06:44:09 AM »
Got the big decisions - not that there were many - correct but should have carded/sent off more Ammers throughout for their abuse and cheating antics.

The West Ham team seemed to be coached in the ways of Bilic and at one in the seconds half they seemed to be having a go at bringing down Nyom by rota !!!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !