Author Topic: 11 Feb 2017 West Ham 2 Albion 2  (Read 81795 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

11 Feb 2017 West Ham 2 Albion 2
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:57:22 AM »
I would have thought there will be alot of interest for this game, Feb 11. Mixed messages i am getting about tickets if you also see the fanzone on facebook and yet the club ticket office say they havent even arrived yet.One comment on face book i can get 500 tickets or already have secured them.
Also i wasnt aware away season ticket holders are not nessacerally first in the que
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:04:31 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: The West Ham Game
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:22:21 AM »
Many problems with their new stadium including away fans ejected for standing, apparently a generally poisonous atmosphere all round from both the 'ammers and their stewards. Access to and from local underground stations is also a problem with disabled supporters having to use a shuttle minibus service to get too and from the stadium with long queues and delays. Also colours not welcome in local hostelries (they don't seem to do pubs round there anymore!) Fans are also apparently not allowed to pass through the most direct route to the stadium through the Westfiled Shopping Mall
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=164789&start=4220 is well worth a salutary read
Was offered a special deal recently of executive coach travel and 'fine dining' for about a hundred and fifty quid perhaps some of that is the early sales you have seen Glyn?
It is also apparently possible to purchase a ticket as part of a package through Tomas Cook which allows away supporters in amongst the home support
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:24:38 AM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 10:54:23 AM »
Any idea where the nearest tube station is to the ground, also where is the best place to drink. Thinking of going but hearing some bad reports of stewards and WHU fans towards away fans.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »
Any idea where the nearest tube station is to the ground, also where is the best place to drink. Thinking of going but hearing some bad reports of stewards and WHU fans towards away fans.

yes all that sort of information would be appreciated

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »
I think you are totally right in finding out this information in advance.
I watched a Vlog by a Burnley supporter recently, they arrived late & the stewards were not helpful in the least. The guy said there was no/little signage to the away end, and as they were at the wrong end they were send the long way round to the other side missing more game time. Also one of his mates got kicked out for standing up!
Now I take all this at face level, but it does seem to be disorganised chaos there from what I can make out from all sources.
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 11:17:25 AM »
I went to visit a friend who lives close by and had a look at the stadium a couple of months ago.

Got off at Stratford station and it's very close to the ground

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 11:28:06 AM »
Sat Feb 11 West Ham   Mon, Jan 16   Wed, Jan 18   Sat, Jan 21   Mon, Jan 23   Wed, Jan 25   Mon, Jan 30
Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/tickets/away-matches/index.aspx#X32suBiEW0XXWgTs.99

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »
Sat Feb 11 West Ham   Mon, Jan 16   Wed, Jan 18   Sat, Jan 21   Mon, Jan 23   Wed, Jan 25   Mon, Jan 30
Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/tickets/away-matches/index.aspx#X32suBiEW0XXWgTs.99

cheers for that, who gets priority over asth though.folk that work for the club maybe?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 11:43:59 AM »
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/london-stadium-west-ham-united.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-visiting-supporters

Section of info for away fans including where to drink (nowhere near the ground!)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 02:48:51 PM »
I'll be attending this game but I've already told my son he won't be given all of the reported hassle.

Thinking of going on the train for this one with a view to drinking well away from the ground (not too fussed where) and then travelling to Stratford Station (closest) or Mile End via tube and then walking up.

Either that or private coach with some mates and park up outside where a lot of the bother has been widely reported to have occurred.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 06:41:53 PM »
Taken from a WHU forum http://westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?8658561%7C%7C1%7C%7C

Hi guys,

I wanted to put this in the main thread where the discussion is about the stewarding yesterday versus Man Utd but I fear this may have got lost in the replies and I would really appreciate some help.

I have seen the video from block 113 & this was the exact treatment that I was subjected to before the Burnley game. BEFORE!

I didn't even make it to my seat for kick off as I questioned why I would need to show my ticket to one of the bully boys after already being searched at the turnstiles.

They threw me out before the game even kicked off because of this, no violence from myself, not even bad language. It was when they got me to the exits that they were talking about getting my ticket off me (which was in my pocket) so I started to struggle as they have no right to do that. This was when they took me outside, put me face down on the floor, broke my watch in the meantime and also, one of the idiots put his foot on my head.

I spent from 20:45 until 02:00 in a cell in Forest Gate police station because of all this.

Now what did I do to deserve it? Nothing, they're just on a power trip.

What I did see when I was brought back up from the floor, was two people videoing the event on their phones! I asked them straight away to put the clips online as I know I can use them for a compensation claim & a complaint, but I'm yet to find either.

I didn't want to pop this on here, but I'm hoping that there's at least one of you good people out there who will be able to help?

Thank you

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 07:15:54 PM »
Don't wear colours if you want to get into the pubs and don't go looking for trouble. Keep your heads down and you'll be fine. In the 20 years or so I've been going to West Brom games I've never had any trouble with anyone home or away, as I don't go looking for it. The large majority of these stories seem to be from people who've gone in with the intention of causing issues or just being stupid:
a
I didn't even make it to my seat for kick off as I questioned why I would need to show my ticket to one of the bully boys after already being searched at the turnstiles.

Just show your ticket and get on with it! What's the problem.

They arrived late & the stewards were not helpful in the least. The guy said there was no/little signage to the away end, and as they were at the wrong end they were send the long way round to the other side missing more game time. Also one of his mates got kicked out for standing up!

Arrive on time, no issues. Sit down when the stewards come up - I imagine he argued with the steward (although obviously don't know).

Most of the videos posted online I see are of idiots arguing with either stewards or their own fans, so if you can avoid doing that I'm sure you'll be fine.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 07:43:03 PM »
Looking forward to this game.

There's some fellas coming over from Venlo and Kreveld in Germany.

Should be a real good booze up
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 11:00:21 AM »
I went on Friday night to the man city game and it's incredibly tedious getting to and from stratford station with such a huge volume of people from the underground. You are funnelled towards the stadium and therefore I would suggest allow plenty of time when you travel.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »
not sure how you forward links but the club have announced 3000 will be made available for this game starting from next monday to away season ticket holders and then wed to home holders with 1670 loyalty points and so on
looks like we are going to be followed by our best away following this season
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:20:42 AM by WBAinDEVON »

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 10:24:07 AM »
Bah was thinking about trying to go to this one

Theres no place for decent honest fans like me who rock up to around 0 home games and 1 away game a season and accumulate 0 loyalty points

It's a disgrace!  :P

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 10:24:40 AM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wba-tickets-premier-league-london-stadium-west-ham-united-3514407.aspx

I have 1640 , so next Friday. Should be ok

Im going to Spurs, how many do you get for an away and will this be added before next week do we think?

It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 11:05:19 AM »
Loyalty points was definitely the way to go for this one, fairest system even though some will still manage to get around it.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wba-tickets-premier-league-london-stadium-west-ham-united-3514407.aspx

I have 1640 , so next Friday. Should be ok

Im going to Spurs, how many do you get for an away and will this be added before next week do we think?

I might be wrong but I was under the impression you get whatever loyalty points a ticket is worth added to your account as soon as you buy them.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 11:11:41 AM »
I might be wrong but I was under the impression you get whatever loyalty points a ticket is worth added to your account as soon as you buy them.

Nice one, not that it'd make a difference anyway, 5 points per game and the next bracket is 1650

Cheers

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
Can't get mine until the Saturday but when we have a half decent allocation like this and use loyalty points they never seem to sell out as quickly as you would expect so I'm not overly concerned.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »
We will probably struggle to sell 1,500 next season  ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 12:15:02 PM »
In fairness I'd be surprised to see us sell 3,000 tickets for West Ham this season, new stadium or not.

But I now have 1685 loyalty points so I'll be on the site nice and early Wednesday morning regardless  8) .

As an aside I personally think anyone going to Boro' for the midweek game should get double loyalty points for that one.

When I checked the other day we'd still sold less than 500.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 12:17:17 PM »
We will probably struggle to sell 1,500 next season  ;D

i agree, the lure of the new stadium this time around and i think we will sell the 3 k this time around

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 12:20:02 PM »

Pretty sure I read some time back that points are only added following said fixtures as your ticket has to be scanned to confirm actual attendance.