West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: The West Ham Game  (Read 4032 times)

Offline SmethDan

• Reserve Baggie
Re: The West Ham Game
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
Friend of mine has only got 1520 loyalty points so any chance he will be able to get one?

May have a chance once/if they go on general sale.

Check link from the Albion OS below, then scroll down for the loyalty points schedule.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/west-brom-albion-tickets-premier-league-west-ham-united-3526307.aspx

Alternately, have a look at the first post on the West Ham ticket thread.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Online kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 09:21:19 AM »
Tickets and trains sorted, no problems.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline SmethDan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2017, 09:41:58 AM »
I'll be attending this game but I've already told my son he won't be given all of the reported hassle.

Thinking of going on the train for this one with a view to drinking well away from the ground (not too fussed where) and then travelling to Stratford Station (closest) or Mile End via tube and then walking up.

Either that or private coach with some mates and park up outside where a lot of the bother has been widely reported to have occurred.

Changed my mind and bought my son a ticket yesterday.

Unofficial coaches it is then.

COYB  .

Offline Morany

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 10:39:39 AM »
Changed my mind and bought my son a ticket yesterday.

Unofficial coaches it is then.

COYB  .

How old is he mate? Take him on the train
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Offline SmethDan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2017, 11:52:21 AM »
How old is he mate? Take him on the train

Mid teens.

Considered going by train a while back but read online it's a pain to get to the ground via rail, despite there being stations nearby. Supporters are reputed to be led a merry dance en route.

Thought about getting off slightly further afield and making my own leisurely way, but as my lad's with me it's better all round to go by coach. It's just easier, my lad knows the other blokes on the unofficial's too so it's a win win.

Plus it's an expensive enough day as it is without making what would now be fairly late train reservations. That and the wife's 'volunteered' to drop us off and pick us up in West Brom so we don't have to f about getting trains or taxis too and fro' before and after London.

I like going on the train but it's rare for any of my old mates go to away games at all these days, so the train's less of a laugh than it was. Plus I suppose I'm just getting lazy  :) .

Offline Morany

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2017, 12:12:20 PM »
Mid teens.

Considered going by train a while back but read online it's a pain to get to the ground via rail, despite there being stations nearby. Supporters are reputed to be led a merry dance en route.

Thought about getting off slightly further afield and making my own leisurely way, but as my lad's with me it's better all round to go by coach. It's just easier, my lad knows the other blokes on the unofficial's too so it's a win win.

Plus it's an expensive enough day as it is without making what would now be fairly late train reservations. That and the wife's 'volunteered' to drop us off and pick us up in West Brom so we don't have to f about getting trains or taxis too and fro' before and after London.

I like going on the train but it's rare for any of my old mates go to away games at all these days, so the train's less of a laugh than it was. Plus I suppose I'm just getting lazy  :) .

Fair enough then mate makes sense.

In terms of the ground, it's just train the London and then tube down to Stratford at the latest opportunity. They will no doubt bottle neck you around the ground

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 05:19:01 PM »
Any spares lads please think of me. I have one but want another , like trying to draw blood from a stone this ticket game
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Online ian66

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
SOLD OUT

Offline elmo_in_swansea

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2017, 09:49:02 AM »
Now the game has passed and we got a creditable draw albeit with a last minute equalizer & there were other contentious incidents (since cleared up on motd) which might have peed the natives off, I was wondering, in light of this thread, and for people like me who are interested, would posters like to share their experience of their day out, ie where they drank, travel options, atmosphere inside/outside the ground before & after the game, stewarding, how easy was it to get away afterwards etc.
I ask because I am genuinely interested in football grounds and also there was a lot of discussion about the arrangements on here prior to the match and there have obviously being teething problems at other games.
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2017, 09:10:11 PM »
Absolutely horrendous.  That is never a football ground in a million years.

It is a soul-less, sterile plastic dump in the middle of nowhere. No pubs anyway where near the ground. Inside the ground wasn't much better - two separate sections for the away end, and the actual ground itself means its not conducive to a good atmosphere.

Furthermore, I had never seen so many foreign tourists in my life - it was like Old Trafford. The Boleyn was much better - a good atmosphere, close to the pitch and all the surrounding areas around the ground had an edge - or certainly felt like a football event. I cannot believe the West Ham fans have accepted the move so easily.

We went drinking around Shoreditch - got a taxi from Euston for £15. Then a taxi to the ground which was around £30. Could not be bothered to attempt using the under ground.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline SmethDan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2017, 12:50:57 AM »
We had a great day out  :) .

Stopped off at the Elbow Room on the Tottenham High Road as we did before the Spurs game.
Cracking bar staff in a pub which for 'London prices' was pretty reasonable.

The walk from the coaches to the ground was pretty sterile but there are local pubs, it's just that the marshalling stewards were not even remotely interested in telling us where they were.

As Liam states the ground itself was pretty pants to be honest, sh it mini Wembley which failed to deliver on so many points that I can't really be bothered going into at this time of the morning  ;) . In short though, never a venue for football. I'd have thought this would have been apparent when it was used as such during the Olympics but apparently not. Never mind.

Journey home was delayed due to some supporters getting back to the coach late but it was a cracking ride back. Had some great laughs.

Bit of an 'atmosphere' among some of our own and heard more than one account of Albion on Albion prob's in and around the Euston area pre-kick off, but glad to report I witnessed no such incidents. Overall our day out was far better than the stadium 'experience'  8) .
Modify message

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2017, 08:18:38 AM »
not the best awayday, ridiculous expenditure
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline AlbionBest

• WBA Coach
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2017, 06:41:42 AM »
I've said many negative things about the soulless place BUT, on a positive note, there were a lot of wide eyed young kids with their families there so they are tapping into the future in a big way. The kids will marvel at the whole 'vastness' of the place and no doubt get hooked so they are spot on with that.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Offline SmethDan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2017, 08:30:52 AM »
not the best awayday, ridiculous expenditure

Did you go via Hackney?

I only ask as I know a lot of lads stopped off for tots in the Hackney Central/Wick areas.

Had no reports regarding prices around there though.

As for ridiculous expenditure, pre match tipples at Chelsea priced up at £5.20 and £4.80 for Guinness  :-X .

Offline Morany

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »
Did you go via Hackney?

I only ask as I know a lot of lads stopped off for tots in the Hackney Central/Wick areas.

Had no reports regarding prices around there though.

As for ridiculous expenditure, pre match tipples at Chelsea priced up at £5.20 and £4.80 for Guinness  :-X .

We went to Hackney Central, fair pricing considering. £3.80/4 tops.   

Online kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2017, 02:09:57 PM »
We had a great day out  :) .

Stopped off at the Elbow Room on the Tottenham High Road as we did before the Spurs game.
Cracking bar staff in a pub which for 'London prices' was pretty reasonable.

The walk from the coaches to the ground was pretty sterile but there are local pubs, it's just that the marshalling stewards were not even remotely interested in telling us where they were.

As Liam states the ground itself was pretty pants to be honest, sh it mini Wembley which failed to deliver on so many points that I can't really be bothered going into at this time of the morning  ;) . In short though, never a venue for football. I'd have thought this would have been apparent when it was used as such during the Olympics but apparently not. Never mind.

Journey home was delayed due to some supporters getting back to the coach late but it was a cracking ride back. Had some great laughs.

Bit of an 'atmosphere' among some of our own and heard more than one account of Albion on Albion prob's in and around the Euston area pre-kick off, but glad to report I witnessed no such incidents. Overall our day out was far better than the stadium 'experience'  8) .
Modify message

Also heard about the Albion on Albion but in a pub in Shoreditch where there were 100-150 lads there.

Offline SmethDan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2017, 02:27:44 PM »
Also heard about the Albion on Albion but in a pub in Shoreditch where there were 100-150 lads there.

Crikey, had no idea it was that many.

May explain some of the empty seats for our reported sell out.

Online kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »
Crikey, had no idea it was that many.

May explain some of the empty seats for our reported sell out.
Don't think some made game, if you know what I mean.

Offline TheBrom

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
If anyone knows, why was there some Albion on Albion trouble?

Online caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »
Did the thick cockney twats manage to spell our football clubs name correctly at the stadium?

Online kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2017, 03:36:58 PM »
If anyone knows, why was there some Albion on Albion trouble?
Think a combination of geography, drink and egos.

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2017, 06:49:41 PM »

Storm in a tea cup.

And whilst there was around 100 or more in the pub - not everyone was involved. It was around five or six of that.

Everyone met up again by the end of the night and continued the drinking festivities with no problems at all
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:52:30 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom