Author Topic: 14 Dec 2016 Albion 3 Swansea City 1  (Read 37175 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2016, 11:45:40 AM »
Let's not forget Swansea had a days more recovery than us and as usual fluid , mobile players.
Add to that we had to change/ move two of our regular back four , could explain sluggish first half especially after putting so much in at Chelsea.
Great credit to Pulis that result.

Personally I thought they moved the ball around well in the first half and we were a little disjointed. No idea what he said at half time, but second half was much better...a few comedy moments at the very end in our area, but that was it.

Full credit to TP
MAGA!

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2016, 06:34:47 PM »
I agree it was a good performance from Fletcher, got to the 2nd balls a lot and kept us moving along nicely. His energy seemed to die out at the end of the game and he shouldn't be afraid of shooting more but I think in the last 5 games or so he's been back to his usual standards.
Overall, I'm very happy tonight. It was like a Roy Hodgson type game where you expected the win beforehand and it was delivered nicely.

Subs were disruptive to the shape, but Morrison and Fletcher can't play past 60 mins and Chadli was being protected fot Saturday I think we missed the opportunity to bring the young lads on.
Ollson was aweful and not match fir although he did put in a couple of last ditch tackles at the end to save a goal :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:53:29 PM by halifax_baggie »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2016, 06:50:51 PM »
Subs were disruptive to the shape, but Morrison and Fletcher can't play past 60 mins and Chadli was being protected fot Saturday I think we missed the opportunity to bring the young lads on.
Ollson was aweful and not match fir although he did put in a copule of last ditch tackles at the end to save a goal :D
on a few occasions Ollson did what Mcauley should've done against chelski, put in row z.
not sure if it was intentional though. ;D 

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2016, 08:37:43 PM »
Once we went 3 in front I thought it was the perfect opportunity to give Leko a little game time, would have been the perfect opportunity to give the other young lad Harper a few minutes to make his debut too.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2016, 09:44:52 AM »
First half we struggled at first.Swansea closed us down quickly which led to a few mistakes, we didn't do the same.

Rondon should have scored at least 1 of the 3 (or 2.5) chances he had, but glad he didn't let it affect him. After about 25 mins we got more control. Glad we managed to keep Sigurdsson quiet but I though Britten bossed the midfield for them. Mawson seemed to have the better of Rondon too.

2nd half was so much better, we closed down much more effectively which led to more mistakes from them. Fletcher and Yacob were much more effective in keeping Britten quiet. It was important that we got an early goal and full marks to Rondon for not letting the misses affect him. Swansea were rattled by the first and by the time the 3rd went in they looked shell-shocked. Fantastic deliveries from Phillips and Brunt.

Thought the subs were okay and Chadli looked a little rusty, which is to be expected, although I would have kept Rondon on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »
But we have to look after Rondon a bit.......3 games in 7 days with his workload.....taking him off at 3-0 made a lot of sense.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill