Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5186187 times)

Legend

• Senior Baggie

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #14075 on: April 01, 2017, 08:53:34 PM »
It's a bit quiet here must have got another good result. Where's the posters who said Pulis and his players are always on the beach. Another myth about Pulis being proved wrong.
the regime don't like it man

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14076 on: April 01, 2017, 09:13:03 PM »
It's a bit quiet here must have got another good result. Where's the posters who said Pulis and his players are always on the beach. Another myth about Pulis being proved wrong.

Not sure it's a myth. The evidence is there that his teams of every previous season have picked up a very low amount of points after the 40 mark.

That being said. Praise due for this season where it seems he's got th players fighting still. Think it says a lot that there's been so little posts on here when we've just taken a point at old Trafford. Shows how far we've come when that seems the norm and there aren't 10 threads saying how well we've done.

Long may it continue. We're certainly showing that we're no pushovers

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14077 on: April 02, 2017, 01:53:56 AM »
We do look cozy in 8th right now

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14078 on: April 02, 2017, 12:48:09 PM »
As Pulis plays in the style of Diego Simeone/Jose Mourinho (not at the same level, granted) I thought it useful to put up this video i've come across which goes into the tactics, i know some of us are tactics geeks and some aren't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lltJE4xDS_c&t=53s

I think the comparisons are very striking. It's not exactly the same and the 7 games last season without a shot on target got me very upset. But It's clear to see what he's trying.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:18:27 PM by KnaveofAlbion »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14079 on: April 02, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »
As Pulis plays in the style of Diego Simeone/Jose Mourinho (not at the same level, granted) I thought it useful to put up this video i've come across which goes into the tactics, i know some of us are tactics geeks and some aren't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lltJE4xDS_c&t=53s

I think the comparisons are very striking. It's not exactly the same and the 7 games last season without a shot on target got me very upset. But It's clear to see what he's trying.

For sure without the ball the tactics are a carbon copy. The shape varies a little we generally don't set up with a
4-4-2 but we funnel back into the basic shape when our defensive block forms.

Athleti have a much stronger squad certainly in relative terms to their domestic league and thus have to play through the midfield more than we do and as such enjoy a much higher level of possession in La Liga but this drops dramatically when they play either of the two Spanish giants or one of the better Champions League teams.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14080 on: April 03, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »
Is he signing this new deal or not  ::)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14081 on: April 03, 2017, 09:15:21 PM »
would he go to west ham if Bilic got the heave ho and they came calling?
He still lives down sarf !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14082 on: April 04, 2017, 11:11:21 AM »
would he go to west ham if Bilic got the heave ho and they came calling?
He still lives down sarf !

wrong question.

would West Ham go after Pulis ?

they still believe in 'the west ham way' whatever that is and they weren't happy with Big Sam when he was manager.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14083 on: April 04, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »
wrong question.

would West Ham go after Pulis ?

they still believe in 'the west ham way' whatever that is and they weren't happy with Big Sam when he was manager.

The fans turned on Allardyce after a bit, they wouldn't give Pulis a day.

They were all told 'be careful what you wish for' when they got rid of Big Sam. Bilic got them into the Europa League. Food for thought.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14084 on: April 04, 2017, 02:24:44 PM »
The fans turned on Allardyce after a bit, they wouldn't give Pulis a day.

They were all told 'be careful what you wish for' when they got rid of Big Sam. Bilic got them into the Europa League. Food for thought.

We could also say Bilic was able to kick on thanks to the solid foundations left behind by Allardyce.

Now those foundations are beginning to erode, Bilic finds himself 16 points worse off than last season and rumoured to be replaced by Jaap Stam.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14085 on: April 05, 2017, 11:02:48 PM »
I buy a season ticket to be entertained and unfortunately I ain't being entertained. Until he starts entertaining me 8th position or not I won't be renewing , that's my decision and according to our poor attendances many others too. It's utterly boring football and I get fed up with him upping the opposition, just my humble after 40 years like

My seat for Saturday  behind the dug out free to somebody  local who can't afford to go to games , now there s a challenge , anyone interested pm me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:31:46 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

chrisabbey

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #14086 on: April 05, 2017, 11:35:25 PM »
Yep! Best thing for everyone is if you dont come, I would then hope the club (next season give tickets away to underprivileged kids off local council estates who would love to come and would thoroughly enjoy it and support this premier league team!! How on earth anybody hasn't enjoyed this season at the hawthorns having scored 4,4,3,3,3,3,2,2 is beyond me, but its about opinions and a number of people think Irvine,Mel,Clarke,little,smith,Gould,burkinshaw,Talbot et al have provided footballing entertainment worthy of purchasing a season ticket over the past 40 years , that's fine as I say its all about opinions!!!Peoples aren't being entertained this season because they don't want to be entertained, minds have been made up from day one and that's it never to be changed!! Pulis is here to build the base after a succession of hopeless managers, he wont be here forever . Pulis pulveriser's as usually don't make much sense, using bilic as an example 😂, on a night he's just lost 5 out of 5 and his team is having an absolute shocker!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:42:11 PM by chrisabbey »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14087 on: April 05, 2017, 11:37:29 PM »
Yep! Best thing for everyone is if you dont come, I would then hope the club give your ticket away to underprivileged kids off local council estates who would love to come and would thoroughly enjoy it and support this premier league team!! How on earth anybody hasn't enjoyed this season at the hawthorns having scored 4,4,3,3,3,3,2,2 is beyond me, but its about opinions and a number of people think Irvine,Mel,Clarke,little,smith,Gould,burkinshaw,Talbot et al have provided footballing entertainment worthy of purchasing a season ticket over the past 40 years , that's fine as I say its all about opinions!!!Peoples aren't being entertained this season because they don't want to be entertained, minds have been made up from day one and that's it never to be changed!! Pulis is here to build the base after a succession of hopeless managers, he wont be here forever . Pulis pulveriser's as usually don't make much sense, using bilic as an example 😂, on a night he's just lost 5 out of 5 and his team is having an absolute shocker!!

Evidence in the attendances like you say opinions and all that
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

chrisabbey

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #14088 on: April 05, 2017, 11:53:08 PM »
I cannot wait to see who our next managers going to be!! I'm looking forward to a boss who plays open attractive football, hardly ever loses, guarantees premier league status all this on the budget we currently have! But, your right the missing 2,000 are voting with their feet (for some reason), so having not missed a single one of them fans this year at home (9 wins to date, premier league wins not crappy championship), id give 2,000 free tickets to the schools on estates in west Bromwich,Tipton,Wednesbury,Oldbury,Smethwick,etc and fill the ground that way!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:59:27 PM by chrisabbey »

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14089 on: April 06, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »
I buy a season ticket to be entertained and unfortunately I ain't being entertained. Until he starts entertaining me 8th position or not I won't be renewing , that's my decision and according to our poor attendances many others too. It's utterly boring football and I get fed up with him upping the opposition, just my humble after 40 years like

My seat for Saturday  behind the dug out free to somebody  local who can't afford to go to games , now there s a challenge , anyone interested pm me.
If we buy deeney I certainly won't renew
Are you renewing next season folks. i wont be. just fed up with travel, player power and agents, the money in the game etc

What is the reason going to be tomorrow for not renewing?!? 

Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14090 on: April 06, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »

Evidence in the attendances like you say opinions and all that

I don't think anybody cares whether you renew or not, however your posts on this board may be downgraded as you will no longer have first hand knowledge of games at the Hawthorns :D

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14091 on: April 06, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »
Devon says this every season, he'll end up renewing.
the regime don't like it man

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14092 on: April 06, 2017, 02:36:57 PM »
I can't understand anyone not being entertained by us this season. I've absolutely loved it.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14093 on: April 06, 2017, 05:37:46 PM »
I can't understand anyone not being entertained by us this season. I've absolutely loved it.

Same here, been a fantastic season. The ones who haven't enjoyed it, don't want to enjoy it!

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14094 on: April 06, 2017, 06:04:49 PM »
I cannot wait to see who our next managers going to be!! I'm looking forward to a boss who plays open attractive football, hardly ever loses, guarantees premier league status all this on the budget we currently have! But, your right the missing 2,000 are voting with their feet (for some reason), so having not missed a single one of them fans this year at home (9 wins to date, premier league wins not crappy championship), id give 2,000 free tickets to the schools on estates in west Bromwich,Tipton,Wednesbury,Oldbury,Smethwick,etc and fill the ground that way!
I am one of the missing 2,000 and I don't go because I'm not a hypocrite.
Cast your mind back to August 2011 we were playing Stoke at home under Roy and we played them off the park and then in the last minute Foster and Tamas had a howler and Ryan Shotton nipped in to score.
 I was in the Halfords at the time and to a man everybody was saying I don't know how them clayheads watch that garbage.
Oh how times have changed it's Albion now playing the garbage football but it's acceptable because it guarantees safety.
 Every one's entitled to their opinion and Pulis will always divide the fan base but everyone is allowed to vote with their feet at the end of the day football is an entertainment business.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14095 on: April 06, 2017, 08:14:49 PM »
Except we don't play anything like Stoke.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14096 on: April 06, 2017, 09:09:14 PM »
Except we don't play anything like Stoke.

Low Possession tick
High % of goals from set pieces tick
Time wasting tick
Long Ball tick
Low Shots tick
Little Creativity tick

If it quacks like a duck walks like a duck swims like a duck it probably is a duck
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14097 on: April 06, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »
I
Low Possession tick
High % of goals from set pieces tick
Time wasting tick
Long Ball tick
Low Shots tick
Little Creativity tick

If it quacks like a duck walks like a duck swims like a duck it probably is a duck
Last season i'd have agreed , not now.
We create plenty , not so much long ball and i for one have been more than happy watching Chadli , Phillips, Brunt , Morrison play some very good stuff this season.
This is nothing like Stoke or his Palace sides in all honesty .
All entitled to their own view but its clear from your posts on here where you stand on TP mate!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:57:08 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14098 on: April 06, 2017, 09:54:36 PM »
Exactly, Gouchan Lai only watches us against the top sides, John Williams is the one who sees us the most. Lets see if he signs this extension, apparently it will be signed soon. Lets see who he brings in with better investment this summer. He should do his remit for the season ie a top ten finish.

Most Takeovers result in a new manager being appointed...we buck the trend and stick with ours.

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14099 on: April 06, 2017, 09:56:44 PM »
I personally thought he'd be off the end of this season, but obviously with how well we have done you cant really see it. He will more than likely be around for the two years, if as expected he gets this new contract. Will he see out those two years, it all depends on who he brings in to improve the team, as if the remit is a top ten finish, you'd need investment on good players to keep us there.