West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Next Match Forum - 29/04 Leicester City (H) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by rajesh-wba on Today at 11:04:32 AM »
It should help us that Leicester have a midweek match against Arsenal Away. I think Saturday represents our best chance of 3 points. If we start well and can score early I can see us winning. 2-1 Albion

Would be nice to see Field start Saturday.

West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Albion Football Memorabilia
« Last post by geoff on Today at 10:21:41 AM »
I have a "BLUE ARGUS" that was printed for the 1931 Cup Final.
[/quote

Has a youth living on frair park a lad named Micky Harris had a job delivering it on a saturday night but it was pink then in the 60s
My nephew has a cartoon of my grandad Richardson cut out from the same paper
Next Match Forum - 29/04 Leicester City (H) / Re: Match Officials
« Last post by B_H_Baggie on Today at 10:07:09 AM »
Not seen anything of Clattenburg since he did our game against Bournemouth has he been going under the radar or has he not being officiating?
Next Match Forum - 29/04 Leicester City (H) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by HamsteadHarry on Today at 09:36:24 AM »
A draw 2-2
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by WoysWunderful on Today at 09:22:51 AM »
Tbf the finshing this second half of the season from all the players, not just the strikers, has been woeful. If we'd put away half the chances , we'd be top 10 scorers no doubt

The best part about being this well disciplined and drilled is that it isnt as temporary and flimsy as just pure form, unless the squad gets a case of the mowbrays over the summer, i cant see us lingering near the bottom 7 and if more clinical finshers come in, well what a exciting times to be an albion fan. Im 26 and this is the best its been in my lifetime
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Pre season tour
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 08:57:10 AM »
Heard a few rumours of a game in Germany against Hoffenheim in late July.

Hope so because the trip to dam last year was superb

Hoffenhein would be an interesting game, but a pig to get to I reckon. They actually play in a small town called Sinsheim as Hoffenheim is a small town/village. Nearest airport is Stuttgart and that's about 100Km South of Sinsheim. Heidelberg is the nearest big city I think.

http://footballtripper.com/rhein-neckar-arena-1899-hoffenheim/

« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 08:39:18 AM »
So 8th place and lots of goals wasn't enough for you to renew?

I'm not sure 39 goals in 33 games is "lots of goals". 11 teams have scored more than us.
It does make you think how many we could have got with some decent goalscorers and baring in mind we have only scored in 1 of our last 7 games but have created plenty of chances in those games.
« Last post by VANDERLEI on Today at 08:31:20 AM »
I would personally consider renewing,if he gave the Younger players much more game time,didn't play his favourites so often,when there obviously either knackered,or not having an effect on the game,set up the team so the striker isn't so isolated for long periods.

So 8th place and lots of goals wasn't enough for you to renew?
Next Match Forum - 29/04 Leicester City (H) / Match Officials
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 08:26:06 AM »

Referee: Clattenburg, Mark
Assistant Referee: Cann, Darren
Assistant Referee: West, Richard
Fourth Official: East, Roger

West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Albion Football Memorabilia
« Last post by Downunder Stripes on Today at 08:13:15 AM »
So this weekend I received a package from my mum which contained quite a few bits of historic Albion memorabilia my Dad and his Dad had collected during their lives.

In it were the 1931 and 1968 Sports Argus papers detailing our Cup Win, along with a few other Argus papers from those days, loads of pristine condition programmes including the 1954 FA Cup Final Programme

1993 Sports Argus from the PO Final (I had not kept mine as a 15yr old)

Programmes from the 50's/60's and 70's, a few away ones from Albion too

Signed pictures (team and individual ones) from the 40's/50's/60's and 70's

Original pictures of players from the 30's and 40's (not in great condition though but Jack Vernon and Ronnie Allen amongst them)

Signed menu's from a gala night at Albion in 1993 with Ronnie Allen, Ossie Ardiles and a few players having signed it

I remember them as a child and had forgotten about them until I received them, I wept like a baby when I got them as they bring back a lot of memories of my Dad but because even as a kid I was fascinated by them and its still true to this day and im so happy to have received them, feel like ive won the lottery.

Ill post some pics up once ive photographed them as I intend on framing some of the items to keep them in good condition.

But it begs the question?

What memorabilia do you have in your possession related to Albion that you hold dear to your heart?

I do a fair bit of photo restoration work, if you want me to try and fix the damaged ones I would be more than happy to help a fellow baggie. If you can try and scan them at a high resolution , 300-600 dpi. Let me know
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10