Author Topic: Forum Issue  (Read 40685 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Forum Issue
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
Liking the new forum. Just a small query though. The forum is in english but my user area is in Spanish (i think) when selecting the drop down menu. Any advice how to change it? TIA.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2019, 08:08:18 AM »
Blimey, this looks...different!!

I like it  ;D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2019, 05:38:29 PM »
Liking the new forum. Just a small query though. The forum is in english but my user area is in Spanish (i think) when selecting the drop down menu. Any advice how to change it? TIA.

Should be sorted now
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2019, 10:40:08 AM »
Should be sorted now
Indeed looks good here (previously Spanish).

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2019, 05:21:58 PM »
navy blue, proper colour
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2019, 10:19:28 AM »
Hi people, great layout. However I only seem to be able to get it on data. When I’m on WiFi it just says can’t connect to server. This started yesterday morning, but the new screen on data only appeared about 2pm today, before then I was only getting the old screen with a few messages. Any ideas please?

Probably a bit late now but I’d suggest this was a DNS refreshing issue. I presume the site has moved to a new provider or address; some internet providers take a bit longer to update their records

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2019, 06:37:54 PM »
I have to say, after a period of, annoyance (because of downtime), familiarisation and getting used to the new format, I really really like it.

Where did you say the donate button was?  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2019, 09:58:34 PM »
Really like the new site, though tonight it popped up with a blocked message due to firewall. I had to do one of those captcha things, then toggle my airplane on and off and I seemed to gain access. This was on 4g. Anyone tell me why as I’ve never seen that message before

Baggie Crosser

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2019, 07:28:33 PM »
Why cant I find In Gamee Chat and After Match Debate

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2019, 10:38:44 AM »

I have no idea why you can't find in/after game chat but I've copied the link below.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?board=100.0

On another note am I the only person who can no longer see an option to view 'replies' to previous posts and 'posted since last visited'? I've only viewed/posted via phone since the site changed and the format may appear different via laptop.

Currently having to check through each separate forum for updates to posts which is providing quite time consuming. Other than that I'm very impressed with the painting and decorating that's been done. Cheers very much to whomever.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2019, 10:44:13 AM »
I've just noticed the 'new answers' fixture on the profile drop down.

Sorted  8) .

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2019, 09:59:41 PM »

Have you found it now?

Baggie Crosser

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2019, 09:51:59 PM »
Yes. Thank you. I have.
My Saturday afternoons will be full again as I read the match on BBC/In Game Chat and watch the Horse Racing.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2019, 10:47:27 PM »
Anyone get a 403 error (unable to post) when using the in built emojis?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2019, 08:54:12 AM »
Anyone get a 403 error (unable to post) when using the in built emojis?

I don't get the '403 error' when using in built emojis. But there's been a few times when previewing posts that it's said the body of the post is empty (when it's not) or there are insufficient characters. Re emojis there have been times when they just don't show at all on preview but without the error message. When that's happened I've posted anyway, refreshed the page and edited emojis in without previewing the post. It's been fine then.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2019, 03:02:08 PM »
Still getting lots of 403 errors. Only on this site and only when posting. Any ideas?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2019, 06:17:44 PM »
Still getting lots of 403 errors. Only on this site and only when posting. Any ideas?
Have you tried more than one browser as sometimes sites work better on certain browsers ? I use Google Chrome mostly and haven't had any issues.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2019, 02:50:56 PM »
Is there a problem today or is it just me only able to access the cut down children version?
It was working fine earlier today
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2019, 03:30:12 PM »
Is there a problem today or is it just me only able to access the cut down children version?
It was working fine earlier today
Ignore me I was the problem  ???
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
Ignore me I was the problem  ???

I was about to ask what the children version was?  :D

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »
For the Mods, not an issue more of a suggestion / request, but rather than start another thread I thought I'd post here.

I do like the new layout of the site, particularly the new menu bar at the top of page. The calendar option interests me as it has a lot of potential and I was wondering if it would be possible to extend it to include match day dates, primarily for the first team and later for the juniors. I know you can upload some files to calendars that automatically populate the calendar, which would save you time and effort.

Additionally, could members suggest dates that they would like included in the calendar, relevant to the Albion of course. For instance and what made me think about this was today's Albion Foundation event that many may have wanted to attend but were unaware of.

And for future development of the calendar, perhaps we could have a pop up reminder a few days before an approved event is due in the calendar.

I know you are all busy getting on with your lives away from this board, but it's just a suggestion / request, Thank you for reading     
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »
For the Mods, not an issue more of a suggestion / request, but rather than start another thread I thought I'd post here.

I do like the new layout of the site, particularly the new menu bar at the top of page. The calendar option interests me as it has a lot of potential and I was wondering if it would be possible to extend it to include match day dates, primarily for the first team and later for the juniors. I know you can upload some files to calendars that automatically populate the calendar, which would save you time and effort.

Additionally, could members suggest dates that they would like included in the calendar, relevant to the Albion of course. For instance and what made me think about this was today's Albion Foundation event that many may have wanted to attend but were unaware of.

And for future development of the calendar, perhaps we could have a pop up reminder a few days before an approved event is due in the calendar.

I know you are all busy getting on with your lives away from this board, but it's just a suggestion / request, Thank you for reading   

Thats actually quite a good idea, i like that

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2019, 02:35:34 PM »
You could also possibly link the relevant matchday thread into the calendar event aswell

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2022, 03:29:15 PM »
Good afternoon Mod Team,

I have a query and was hoping you might find time to answer.

In the main menu at the top of the screen, second item from the left is the “Help” section, with hints and tips etc. Within that Help menu, there is reference to BBC (Bulletin Board Code) so Posts can be spiced up a little.

I started a Sacked in the Morning thread and thought I’d a use different colour text so that members viewing the thread, could quickly identify any changes to the thread following sackings or inclusion of a new manager.

After Michael O’Neils sacking I made a post using Blue Text, which was reset back to black text by a Mod. I though, I shouldn’t have used blue as it and red are used by the Mods. So I thought I’d use green text instead so as to make the post standout, but that was also reset back to black.

So, just for clarity and to save me from wasting Mods time in resetting the text colour, is the Colour Text facility within BBC unavailable to forum members in there posts?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2022, 03:47:35 PM »
From the Forum rules which are stickied on the main board and elsewhere:

"PLEASE DO NOT USE COLOURED TEXT IN POSTS, USE BLACK WRITING ONLY."

He/him