Author Topic: Cheltenham Festival 2021  (Read 6183 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Cheltenham Festival 2021
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2021, 01:05:34 PM »
They didnt.

The winner is trained by Jonjo O'Neill at Jackdaws Castle. Although Jonjo is Irish that classes as English trained.

You're right about the enquiry though. Absolutely essential the state of UK jumps racing at the moment must be close to an all time low quality wise. The performance at Cheltenham was nothing short of embarrassing.

It's not much better on the flat. With modest intervention from John Gosden Ireland usually come over here and plunder our top prizes, usually Aiden O'Brien.

You learn something every day. I always thought Jonjo’s was classed as an Irish stable (Sky sports also marked him up as an Irish winner). Cheeky to claim it as ours, but after the week we have had, sod it 😂😂
Boing Boing

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2021, 01:49:58 PM »
You learn something every day. I always thought Jonjo’s was classed as an Irish stable (Sky sports also marked him up as an Irish winner). Cheeky to claim it as ours, but after the week we have had, sod it 😂😂

We're not claiming it as ours it IS ours. If its trained in the UK it comes under the jurisdiction of the BHA. If trained in Ireland it comes under the jurisdiction of the IHRB.

Where the horse was bred or what the nationality of the trainer is doesnt come in to it.

If Sky Sports are claiming it as an Irish winner they have made a mistake and got it wrong.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2021, 01:52:26 PM »
We're not claiming it as ours it IS ours. If its trained in the UK it comes under the jurisdiction of the BHA. If trained in Ireland it comes under the jurisdiction of the IHRB.

Where the horse was bred or what the nationality of the trainer is doesnt come in to it.

If Sky Sports are claiming it as an Irish winner they have made a mistake and got it wrong.

I wasn’t questioning you Atomic, It was a light hearted comment.
Boing Boing

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2021, 02:16:20 PM »
I wasn’t questioning you Atomic, It was a light hearted comment.

No worries, just explaining.

Just because the horse was born in Ireland, is owned by an Irish man and trained by an Irish man it doesnt make it Irish....  ;D.

At least the jockey is English. Jonjo Jr. Was born in Cumbria.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2021, 02:39:21 PM »
That's for the mods to decide I would have thought. I don't see any back biting and rowing so far, and no reason to think we can't have a respectful and reasonable debate on the subject, just like we all do about every other subject on which we disagree with each other. To close down discussion is just avoiding the issue
I agree with you about the cruelty of animals although not that clued up about horse racing as it's not my thing I absolutely abhor greyhound racing the way they are treated is sickening.
Regarding closing down discussion that seems to be the way of the world only one train of thought is allowed otherwise you are "cancelled" George Orwell saw it coming years ago.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:52:03 PM by KYA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2021, 04:11:23 PM »
I agree with you about the cruelty of animals although not that clued up about horse racing as it's not my thing I absolutely abhor greyhound racing the way they are treated is sickening.
Regarding closing down discussion that seems to be the way of the world only one train of thought is allowed otherwise you are "cancelled" George Orwell saw it coming years ago.

We allow all trains of thought on here but in the right topic. This one is about the horse racing at Cheltenham not about other aspects of racing, that can be discussed elsewhere by someone starting a topic.

We don't close down discussion anywhere, we allow it to carry on until people seem to lose the ability to discuss like adults and it descends into playground bickering.

We stopped the politics section for that reason as it takes more time to moderate those sections than anywhere else and all the mods/ admin on here have lives away from this forum so don't want to spend every minute we do get on here sorting out all the grief that has been caused.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2021, 04:44:16 PM »
We allow all trains of thought on here but in the right topic. This one is about the horse racing at Cheltenham not about other aspects of racing, that can be discussed elsewhere by someone starting a topic.

We don't close down discussion anywhere, we allow it to carry on until people seem to lose the ability to discuss like adults and it descends into playground bickering.

We stopped the politics section for that reason as it takes more time to moderate those sections than anywhere else and all the mods/ admin on here have lives away from this forum so don't want to spend every minute we do get on here sorting out all the grief that has been caused.

I wasn't specifically talking about this site when mentioning closing down debate far from it more about society in general where it appears rampant and only heading in one direction but I digress the topic is about horse racing .