Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2348543 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5675 on: December 06, 2018, 12:52:43 AM »
Having the excuse ready for a quiet window meThinks , Moore probably been told to carry on with what he's got.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5676 on: December 06, 2018, 03:12:38 AM »
I know he’s probably a busy chap, but you’d think he’d have picked the vile game to attend.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5677 on: December 06, 2018, 01:23:02 PM »
Expectations by this stage are lowered.  I see no evidence of significant inward investment to the club, and any cash we spend is likely to be generated from sales.  We have a little bit to spend, and we might loose players in the window- Dawson might be at risk.  However, on balance I think we will come out about even.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5678 on: December 06, 2018, 06:15:35 PM »
Without being cruel I don't think Lai has contributed much if anything as an owner overall to be honest. I don't see that we've changed much if at all from when Peace was in charge albeit that we lost Peace who was an experienced operator as we found out to our detriment with Willilams and Goodman's failures. Overall, I'd say we're worse off than under Peace for this reason............

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5679 on: December 07, 2018, 10:57:09 AM »
Anyone know how his eco town's the club are associated with are doing?

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5680 on: December 09, 2018, 10:47:30 AM »
I’m disappointed, I was hoping to read that he had sold the Club!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5681 on: December 28, 2018, 08:54:29 AM »
lets see some serious action this Jan please. if we dont get up this year it gets harder
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5682 on: December 29, 2018, 02:56:06 PM »
From Matt Wilson Twitter account:

Chief executive Mark Jenkins plays down notion of January splurge for #wba - and confirms owner Guochuan Lai is not pumping more money into club
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5683 on: December 29, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
Seems pretty clear that Jenkins has been instructed to get as much money out the club this season as possible while not completely destroying the possibility of promotion.

The best thing for us would be for Lai to sell up if we get promoted, it seemed obvious at the time that he'd paid an artificially inflated price that wasn't likely to be benefit him.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5684 on: December 29, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »
My new years wish is for sir Jeremy to ride in over the summer...

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5685 on: December 29, 2018, 04:15:46 PM »
Lai always struck me as someone who bought the club to ride out the remainder of the existing TV rights contract and when the new tv rights kicked in this season the clubs value would jump and he would sell on at a profit.

Sadly for us he persevered with Pulis when it was easy to cut ties. We got relegated and now he's looking at a a large loss and we are worse off as a club.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5686 on: December 29, 2018, 05:47:14 PM »

Yes, we definitely need him.

He can build the new Halford which we apparently could never fill, but funnily enough we sell out in a lower division.

But, more likely is he would accumulate the money saved from such infrastructure investment and just take another £27m when he flogs to the next numpty who has not got a clue.

Jeremy Peace, west bromwich born and bred and lifelong Albion fan.

I'd hate to think what he would have taken from the club he was not "one of our own".

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5687 on: December 29, 2018, 05:51:59 PM »
It seems to me that Lai only wants to line his own pockets. Definitely nothing like what Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha bought  Leicester for.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5688 on: December 29, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »
It seems to me that Lai only wants to line his own pockets. Definitely nothing like what Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha bought  Leicester for.

If that is the case then he could be waiting a long time

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask..........
MAGA!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5689 on: December 30, 2018, 06:48:56 PM »

Yeah, he can ride in with his mask and stripey jumper, and take a top-six salary off a team who he labels 'mid-table championship'... again.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5690 on: January 02, 2019, 08:31:07 AM »
Wouldn't be nice for Lai to give DM just a small budget to really push us on and get into the top 2.

After all, it would benefit him in the long run  ::)

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5691 on: January 02, 2019, 08:48:18 AM »
Wouldn't be nice for Lai to give DM just a small budget to really push us on and get into the top 2.

After all, it would benefit him in the long run  ::)

If only, my hope is that he may have a deal in place to sell the club if we win promotion, and so a modest injection of capital could see this materialize. Failure might mean we are stuck with him for far too long!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5692 on: January 02, 2019, 08:58:13 AM »
If only, my hope is that he may have a deal in place to sell the club if we win promotion, and so a modest injection of capital could see this materialize. Failure might mean we are stuck with him for far too long!

From a business view, surely if he's main aim now is to get what he paid into it and leave, then he NEEDS the club to be in the premier league to get the highest amount of money back.

But on the flip side, Lai will be thinking what if he does put in 20/25 million this month and we don't go up, then that's more money he has lost.

He seems to trust Jenkins, so I think if he was to say we needed a bit of money to see the job through, then Lai might just give a little.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5693 on: January 02, 2019, 10:11:23 AM »
He can’t put any money in as it is all in China

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5694 on: January 03, 2019, 06:01:32 PM »
you must have been one of those  'brain washed ' by jeremy's  punching above our weight middle of the table championship  nonsense

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5695 on: January 03, 2019, 06:18:31 PM »
you must have been one of those  'brain washed ' by jeremy's  punching above our weight middle of the table championship  nonsense

Or just maybe preferred to be mid table to 8th in the prem than losing away at a poor Blackburn championship team

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5696 on: January 03, 2019, 06:44:12 PM »
He can’t put any money in as it is all in China

If this was even remotely correct how do Wolves' owners continue to plough multi millions into their quest for world domination (but don't tell Huddersfield & Palace!)?

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5697 on: January 03, 2019, 06:48:39 PM »
Or just maybe preferred to be mid table to 8th in the prem than losing away at a poor Blackburn championship team
Alas , jeremy did not truly believe any of his own  rhetoric , otherwise why would he value a  club he considered  to be a mid -table  championship  for 175 million ?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5698 on: January 03, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »
If this was even remotely correct how do Wolves' owners continue to plough multi millions into their quest for world domination (but don't tell Huddersfield & Palace!)?

Have a read of this
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-files-fosun-specialreport/special-report-how-a-soccer-agent-and-chinese-tycoon-planned-to-trade-in-players-idUKKCN1OX0Q1
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5699 on: January 03, 2019, 07:00:25 PM »
Have a read of this
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-files-fosun-specialreport/special-report-how-a-soccer-agent-and-chinese-tycoon-planned-to-trade-in-players-idUKKCN1OX0Q1

Superb spot.  It's a PR masterpiece that they've kept in so under the radar.  Or maybe compared to being bank rolled by oil money it just seems no big deal.