Author Topic: Ticket Allocations  (Read 5101 times)

Yam Yam Baggie

Ticket Allocations
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Is it just me, or have we been given a poor allocation of tickets for our next two away games??

Sunderland away - 2000
Tottenham Away - 1700

Sunderland holds around 47,000 doesnt it !? And Tottenham is 38,000 ? something like that. Our ground holds no where near that yet we give away fans 2,800. On previous visits to these two grounds im sure we were allocated and sold more than this. I do remember though playing Arsenal away this season and only being allocated 1400 or something silly like that. Found out later there were rumours that Jeremy Peace does not wish to purchase 3,000-4,000 tickets as if we dont sell them the club still have to pay for the tickets. Its a strange one to me. I emailed the ticket office this morning and was told if we sell 2,000 tickets at Sunderland we still wont be allocated any more.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Allocations
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »
Isn't it to do with the Albion rather than Sunderland and Spurs?

Obviously there is a maximum we can have but I was of the understanding that whatever we don't sell our club has to foot the bill for the difference and hence why we have a smaller allocation to ensure the club ain't out of pocket.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »
these are only initial allocations, if we sell these we are entitled to more by FA rules.

10% of the ground or 3,000 which ever is fewer i think it is.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »
So if we were to sell all of the free coach tickets, and there will be people, going up this one via car, train, what will Sunderland do then.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »
So if we were to sell all of the free coach tickets, and there will be people, going up this one via car, train, what will Sunderland do then.

Exactly mate, ticket have office have just replied to me stating 2000 is the allocation and we wont get no more. Doesnt make sense to me as there are 2000 seats on the coach. And i am going on a drinking coach to the game so there will be a few hundred not going on official coaches. On Official site there is 800 coach places left.

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 12:06:42 PM »
Isn't it to do with the Albion rather than Sunderland and Spurs?

Obviously there is a maximum we can have but I was of the understanding that whatever we don't sell our club has to foot the bill for the difference and hence why we have a smaller allocation to ensure the club ain't out of pocket.

I just dont get why we dont have request more tickets sometimes as our away support is as good as anyones. 1700 to tottenham on a saturday? surely we would take 2,400-2,500??

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 12:14:12 PM »

I just dont get why we dont have request more tickets sometimes as our away support is as good as anyones. 1700 to tottenham on a saturday? surely we would take 2,400-2,500??

not at £36 a ticket we wont!!
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
not at £36 a ticket we wont!!

Other than Wigan (£20) ,Bolton (£22) and Blackburn (£10) the other 9-10 away games ive been to this season have been £30+ and we have took a good following.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
I think it is something along the lines of a club must make available 3,000 tickets if their capacity is over 30,000 or if it is less then it is 10% of the actual capacity.

The clubs have to agree the allocation a month or so before the game, at least 50% of the tickets are supplied on a sale or return basis while the rest have to be paid for up front hence clubs tending to take smaller allocations these days. If it doesn't say it is an initial allocation on the official website then it usually isn't.

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 02:01:56 PM »
these are only initial allocations, if we sell these we are entitled to more by FA rules.

10% of the ground or 3,000 which ever is fewer i think it is.
I think we'll take at least 2500 to Spores :P like me there are so many Baggies that have moved to the South East and would love to see us spank them :o
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »
The allocations we have had all year have been awful besides the odd few like wigan which quite frankly i'd rather have been given a smaller allocation and created a better atmosphere
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

astle68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
Very negative from the club AGAIN. Shocked they've only taken 1700 tickets from Spurs as we generally take around 3000 there.

They've probably still got a bee in their bonnet about being left with tickets for the Chelsea match

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »
Very negative from the club AGAIN. Shocked they've only taken 1700 tickets from Spurs as we generally take around 3000 there.

They've probably still got a bee in their bonnet about being left with tickets for the Chelsea match

Just had an email response from the ticket office. 1700 is the MAXIMUM allocation for Tottenham. Really dissappointed with that to be honest.

astle68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 04:04:31 PM »
Pathetic. This could be the Arsenal debacle all over again

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »
Pathetic. This could be the Arsenal debacle all over again

True. Surely we would of sold 2,500 to Tottenham?

Will be ****** off aswell if 2000 is maximum allocation aswell for Sunderland. Surely we would take an extra 1000 or so there? especially with the free coaches?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:50:38 PM by Political Cake »

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »
Thing is though as far as I know we haven't sold out the Sunderland game yet despite it being on sale to members already and that is with the free travel. I do think it is understandable that they have taken reduced allocations this season as I don't think we have sold out many but this is the business end of the season when we should be able to sell out.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »
Becomes very frustrating when you go to bigger grounds like this and only receive a pretty small allocation, although we have seen it times before when allocated 4000 and coventry and wigan and the atmosphere was terrible.