Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 245487 times)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #700 on: December 29, 2019, 06:09:06 PM »
Too slow to move the ball, never looks comfortable, sell if possible.
Baggie in Southampton

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #701 on: December 29, 2019, 06:13:14 PM »
I thought he was one of our better performers today.
Like Ajayi struggled with Fletcher , was slow to close the shot for the 2nd goal too . Not sure he's suited to how we have set up so far.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #702 on: December 29, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »
Too slow to move the ball, never looks comfortable, sell if possible.

I’m sure we will be able to sell, but we want his market value, that might delay things, hopefully.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #703 on: December 29, 2019, 06:20:44 PM »
I thought he was one of our better performers today.

He was. There wasn't much wrong with any of our defenders individually. It was the midfield (first half) and up front all game where we were really poor. Final ball was abysmal.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #704 on: December 29, 2019, 07:19:09 PM »
He was. There wasn't much wrong with any of our defenders individually. It was the midfield (first half) and up front all game where we were really poor. Final ball was abysmal.

Has everyone forgotten his howler putting the Boro player though on goal around the 70 minute mark? Routine punt up the pitch from the Boro keeper. He got his positioning all wrong and flicked the ball on, putting the Boro player through on goal. He managed to go around Sam Johnstone but had overrun the ball and could only get a cross in. Big let off and a embarrassing defensive error. How can a centre back not be able to deal with a goal kick? He also shat himself and backed off Fletcher who scored that screamer instead of doing his job and closing the opposition player down - suspect that's down to his chronic lack of pace. Encouraging that Bartley was back on the bench, I hope he starts against Leeds, we miss his partnership with Ajayi and his leadership.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #705 on: December 29, 2019, 07:43:11 PM »
Don't get the hype over Hegazi, always has a dodgy mistake in him. If we could get a decent fee I would sell.
BOING BOING

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #706 on: December 29, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »
Has everyone forgotten his howler putting the Boro player though on goal around the 70 minute mark? Routine punt up the pitch from the Boro keeper. He got his positioning all wrong and flicked the ball on, putting the Boro player through on goal. He managed to go around Sam Johnstone but had overrun the ball and could only get a cross in. Big let off and a embarrassing defensive error. How can a centre back not be able to deal with a goal kick? He also shat himself and backed off Fletcher who scored that screamer instead of doing his job and closing the opposition player down - suspect that's down to his chronic lack of pace. Encouraging that Bartley was back on the bench, I hope he starts against Leeds, we miss his partnership with Ajayi and his leadership.

Yep it was a bad error with that header but it's not as if Bartley doesn't make bad errors is it? He's directly cost us half a dozen goals this season despite how everyone goes on he's improved.

As for the second goal it was meaningless in the end we were all up the pitch desperately trying to force an equaliser, might as well lose 2-0 as 1-0. Ball sat up perfectly for Fletcher and he hit a screamer, can't blame any individual for that.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #707 on: December 29, 2019, 08:21:27 PM »

Yep it was a bad error with that header but it's not as if Bartley doesn't make bad errors is it? He's directly cost us half a dozen goals this season despite how everyone goes on he's improved.

As for the second goal it was meaningless in the end we were all up the pitch desperately trying to force an equaliser, might as well lose 2-0 as 1-0. Ball sat up perfectly for Fletcher and he hit a screamer, can't blame any individual for that.

Spot on. Hegazi needs games and we'll be much better off in the long run.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #708 on: December 29, 2019, 09:02:33 PM »
Similar post to the Barnsley game from myself as I felt Hegazi was one of our better players. Our current issues have more to do with the midfield struggles and our toothless attack.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #709 on: December 29, 2019, 09:41:53 PM »
Yep when fully up and running Hegazi is probably our best CB along with Ajayi.

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #710 on: December 29, 2019, 10:03:57 PM »
Some people just love to hate on a player
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #711 on: December 29, 2019, 10:29:21 PM »

Bartley has been our most improved player. Unrecognisable from last season and the early parts of this. He's been commanding and turned into a key leader that some of the younger players look up to. The turn around with him this season has been amazing. I'd be amazed if he doesn't start on New Years Day.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #712 on: January 28, 2020, 09:05:16 PM »
Appalling since his return from injury. Maybe wants out?
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #713 on: January 28, 2020, 09:52:33 PM »
I'm not seeing the horrendous performances that others are?! Am i missing something?!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #714 on: January 28, 2020, 09:59:52 PM »
I'm not seeing the horrendous performances that others are?! Am i missing something?!

Only an agenda mate.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #715 on: January 28, 2020, 10:00:46 PM »

He was a beast at West Ham. As Jacko has mentioned, people have their views and objectivity has gone out of the window.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #716 on: January 28, 2020, 10:02:23 PM »

Only an agenda mate.

On Saturday Ajayi mis-placed two passes that put us under pressure and even got him sent off but it was ok in the end. If Hegazi had done that my god, the pelters. Honestly, i can't believe the treatment he's getting. This guy was solid in the Prem and has barely had a chance this season. He needs a run of 5 or 6 in a row.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #717 on: January 28, 2020, 10:02:57 PM »

Only an agenda m6ate.
Don't think you can talk agendas on certain players , on Hegazi I thought he was weak on the intial ball in for the first goal and lucky with a penalty ( Livermore too ) but overall did Ok maybe even quite well.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #718 on: January 28, 2020, 10:03:28 PM »
how was Hegazi responsible for either goal tonight?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #719 on: January 28, 2020, 10:05:12 PM »
It’s not any individual defender, it’s the entire defensive unit.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #720 on: January 28, 2020, 10:08:00 PM »
how was Hegazi responsible for either goal tonight?
For me the intial ball comes in and he's far too weak in the challenge , can't be beat that easy .
Thats my view on it.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #721 on: January 28, 2020, 10:10:51 PM »
Don't think you can talk agendas on certain players , on Hegazi I thought he was weak on the intial ball in for the first goal and lucky with a penalty ( Livermore too ) but overall did Ok maybe even quite well.

I think I can, because I don't have any. The players I say are poor are always found to be poor in retrospect over a career. Very rarely have I misjudged an Albion player when their time with us has come to an end.

Hegazi is our best centre back, from that starting point it's unfathomable that anyone could single him out for criticism every time he plays.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #722 on: January 28, 2020, 10:12:14 PM »
I’ve no doubt he’s our best centre back.

That whole back four - whoever it is - are at sixes and sevens when defending.

The constant swapping and changing is helping nobody.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #723 on: January 28, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »
I’ve no doubt he’s our best centre back.

That whole back four - whoever it is - are at sixes and sevens when defending.

The constant swapping and changing is helping nobody.

while i like Hegazi, three of the back 4 have to be Ajayi, Furlong and Bartley (based on form this season). LB is an issue with Gibbs injury issues.
I agree some stability is required at the back.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #724 on: January 28, 2020, 10:16:16 PM »

I think I can, because I don't have any. The players I say are poor are always found to be poor in retrospect over a career. Very rarely have I misjudged an Albion player when their time with us has come to an end.

Hegazi is our best centre back, from that starting point it's unfathomable that anyone could single him out for criticism every time he plays.
We've lost four league games this season wait a minute Hegazi started three of them and the one he didn't we were unlucky to lose says it all really